Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

glimpse at my future body!!!

quick little background...i have lost 57lbs since being banded in 2007. i have 13lbs to my goal. i HATE HATE HATE my body. just as much now as i did when i started this journey. sometimes maybe more.

anywho....i am so EXCITED!!! my 16 year old little sister has a ROCKIN body. she is so cute it hurts, you know the type. so anyways, last friday she told me about this diet she is on, god only knows why. and in this conversation she told me how much she weighs. omg, i only weigh 3, 3! 3! lbs more then her! i about fainted! i have always been envious of her body. she is athletic and has muscles and is just freakin cute as can be.

this got me to thinkin...omg! when i finally get my tummy tuck...i am gonna look perty good ok. ya know? its been a total motivator for me to get my butt back into gear toning and working out. its kinda like the light at the end of the tunnell for me! i never never thought to compare what i might look like to her! and i can!

Not to totally burst your bubble, but after surgery, especially from a Tummy Tuck, you will have a long scar where they tightened the skin. Yes, you will look a lot better, but you will not have the "perfect" body your sister has. She has always been thin and her skin is flawless. But congrats on the weight loss anyway. I'm sure your looking good, with or without surgery.

wow, fae, thanks.

so i am just gonna keep on riding my happy train with this whole body thing. guess i should have elaborated more in my original post.

i KNOW i am not gonna look just like her, silly! i have 2 kids, am almost 30...she is 16.... what i was meaning was more like i will be close to her general body shape and size. i look forward to and welcome the "long scar" i am going to get from the tt. i can not wait! that long scar will mean these skin and unrelenting fat rolls will be history! i will look like what i picture myself looking like, or perty dang close! i dont have some unrealistic goals either, just need some fixin' uppin'.

want... don't even go there with that person. Wow.

Not nice.

Anyway - congrats so much on your success and you can Celebrate any way you wish. You absolutely deserve it. :biggrin:

good for you!! i know the exact feeling you are talking about. no were never gonna have the body of a 16yr old again. but with hard enough work we can still be smoking hot.

this got me to thinkin...omg! when i finally get my tummy tuck...i am gonna look perty good ok. ya know? its been a total motivator for me to get my butt back into gear toning and working out. its kinda like the light at the end of the tunnell for me! i never never thought to compare what i might look like to her! and i can!

What a motivator! Keep up the great work you are doing for yourself! You can do it!

Congrats, youre doin great! let me borrow her and pretend she's my sis when you're all done and looking HOT :)

perfect!! you can really borrow her when she is in her "i am 16 and know everything and the world revolves around me" mood. lol. na, she isnt THAT bad, but has those teenage girl moments for sure. i am pretty sure I was never like that, lol...

Ok, so a few years ago I lost 70 lbs on my own & had a Tummy Tuck & breast lift. My tummy was tight & flat, in fact... After looking that hot, I ended meeting & marrying a great man & we had a baby (he will be 1 tomorrow) and guess what?!? I still have a flat & tight stomach :D. My scar hides very well in a thong or bikini :( yes I have regain a lot of the weight & am going to pay for the band soon. But let me tell you my ass may have gotten big, but my stomach is slim and beautiful. Go for it!!!!