Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help, Jachut, are you out there?

hi mimi,

so glad you are doing better.....

i like you need my coffee...or else i get a big fat headache.

sounds like you are on the mend but go slow.....

josie

All advice given has been good. If you are in pain, they now make a liquid Tylenol. It's not the best tasting stuff, but it works.

If I were in your shoes, I'd stick to liquids for a few days, maybe a week if you could tolerate it. Give time for your tummy to adjust to this fill. Maybe the meat was too much, right now.

Maybe you can do a 'pamper me day.' I also call them "housewife on strike days' lol. Luckily, my hubs doesn't mind being self-sufficient. These are days when work and college has me stressed out And I need a time-out. I curl up on the couch (no tv in the bedroom) watch my fave dvd's and/or tv shows. I may paint my nails, read a book. Basically, I try to forget about the world and re-charge my batteries. Sometimes doing 'nothine' is the BEST medicine.

Hope you feel better soon

Mimi, Glad youre feeling better...this was a very informative thread!

Maybe you should still concider looking for a new doctor :-/ he does you no good if you are afraid to go to him when you are unable to keep anything down or are having a medical problem. Just my two cents. I am very glad you are having an easier time :ohmy:.

Mimi, how are you getting along? Are you still on liquids?

Ashleysara, you are so right that I need to find a doc I am not afraid to go to. I am usually self assertive, I don't know why I can't speak up for myself in this case. Thanks.

Mimi

Suzanne, I am not out of the woods yet. Yesterday I took 2 capsules of antidepressant meds and they plugged me up and shut me down. This morning I woke up and all was OK. I cut open the capsules and ate the contents with pudding instead of risking band pluggage. I did pretty good on Protein Shakes and Crystal light til I tried the yummy V8 Campbells creamy squash Soup. That apparantly was too thick, so after a couple of issues I am bck to Clear Liquids. I am slowly getting better, though, Thanks for asking. I do think liquid Motrin is helping, too, although I am only taking it twice a day and not on an empty stomach.

Mimi

Be careful about opening the capsules. Some of those are designed to be timed release and opening them can change their affect. Might be worth a call to the pharm, or your doc.

Sorry to hear that you are still struggling. I think a new doc might be a good idea. Does your doc have partners so you wouldn't have to switch completely to another practice?

Suzanne, hi. Semi bad news. I barfed all day again and finally gave in and went to the doc. I had an emergency Upper GI which shows (maybe) a band slip and the barium trickling througgh slightly. The docs in the practice will get together Monday and decide if it is a real slip or just mega swelling from a week of barfing. I asked about switching docs within the practice and the answer was NO!! A complete unfill (only 6 cc) was done and I felt immediate relief and sadness. If they decide it is not a slip they will check me in 2 weeks and give me back 5 cc. I know I should have gone in when I first started having trouble and am sorry I didn't. All I could hear in my mind was that dang doc saying "If we have to unfill you again we won't give you anymore, period." I wish he had kept his thoughts to himself!!!!!

Thank you all for all of your support and caring words.

Mimi

I'm sorry to hear that :scared2: if I was you I would start looking for other doctors now and make sure that you get a second opinion on what these surgeons say before they do anything because it sounds like they are a bit fed up with your band. Best of luck, I hope everything is fine in 2 weeks and that it is just swelling.

Thank you Ashleysara, that is very kind of you. There is one other doctor in town that does the band and I am going to check him out next week.

Mimi

Mimi, have you always been sensitive to fills? When they start refilling you, you may not want to do the full 5ccs. Since you are having issues, and I am sure the doctor wants you to be successful and happy, ask if they can do it more gradual and work out the fees (if you are having to pay for them now). If you can go maybe every two weeks and get less each time (maybe start with 3 or 4). When you finally reach 5ccs. have them do maybe .25 at a time. Please ask and see. It can't hurt to ask. I hate to see you suffer like this, when there may be a way to fix it.

Tchr, thank you for your suggestions and I will talk to them in 2 weeks when I go back. Living w/o the band terrifies me, I don't want to get fat again and I already gained 2 pounds but it was rehydration weight, not fat, but even so, seeing the scales go UP scared the poop out of me. I feel wonderful this morning and was able to drink my dear coffee the way I am used to. Surely a slipped band would be bothering me even after a band drain? Heck, I don't know, I just know I am praying like crazy for a good outcome.

Thanks for your support,

Mimi