Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Even though I am able to have salads, sugar free Jello and pudding I'm still having problems with hunger and stomach "issues". Is there any advice out there that might help me? I have 10 days left of my diet and so far haven't cheated. Help!

Leah

Leah,

It is funny how every doctor is so different.

I only had 5 days of liquids prior to surgery. You know that salad is empty calories and it is only going to temporarily fill you up. You need a powder Protein that will help keep you fuller longer. Did they happen to tell you to drink Protein shakes? If you eat just salad and sugar free pudding and Jello you will starve to death unless you eat alot of it as you still need to take in the calories.

Josephine

Josephine,

I do drink 4 unjury Protein drinks a day a long with everything else I am allowed to have. My problem comes around the evening even after my Protein Drink. Not sure what I should do.

Leah

2 weeks? Ouch... if there is a Vitamin Shoppe by you get a container of Protein nectar by Syntrax. Get a fruity flavor like Twisted Cherry... mix this with some Crystal Light... it's great with the Lemonade... and drink that... for some reason it's filling to me and I'm not as hungry. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey. It is possible :thumbdown: All things with God are so you hang in there :scared2:

Desi

The pre-op diet is not easy. I was on a 10 day liqued and had to get 40 to 50 protien and 130 carbs a day. I got really hungry too. What helped me was to stay busy. I would get out of the house and go shopping or visit someone. I didn't think about food as much if I wasn't at home. I also went to bed early. I know you are probably looking more for some food to fill you up but I really couldn't find any. I ate a lot of sugar free popcicles and fudgecicles. I do think that helped. It will be over before you know it. You can do it! Hang in there!

Thanks, I'm trying my best! I'm thinking that I might go out later and walk and shop. I did a lot of walking yesterday, and am trying to do as much as I can.

Thanks for the advice.

Leah

Hey there, I am in the same boat as you. I go through fits of hunger maybe once a day and it is most often when I am going to bed. I drink Slimfast Optima all day and that really helps, but also make sure you are staying hydrated in terms of drinking other things like crystal lite etc. because it's easy to think since we are drinking on a liquid diet that liquids are not so important but they are. Many times hunger is actually thirst and it's extremely hard to tell the difference. If I am STARVED I know it will pass but I drink crystal lite pink lemonade with LOTS of ice cubes. Some how, maybe the cold, has been able to soothe my stomach as well as my hunger just long enough so I can fall back asleep. Maybe that will help you?

Thanks for the advice. Have been doing really well with my Fluid intakes averaging at least 8 glasses of Water.

Thanks for the advice! Good luck to you!

Leah

I started my 2 weeks of liquids on saturday...I'm jealous you can have salad and Jello though! I can only have 5 Protein Shakes and water! This is the hardest thing I have ever done, I am starving!

Just remember the reason that you are drinking those shakes! I just finished the bloodwork, and signed the rest of my paperwork today. My surgery is August 12th, and I am so looking forward to it!

Email me if you need to talk!

Leah

Congrats to you!

It is funny how every doctor is so different.

My doctor doesn't even require a pre-op liquid diet, only a post op one. The only pre-op diet is the standard fasting prior to any surgery.

I had to ask twice about this to make certain I wasn't missing something.

*grumble* I have the 5 shakes and Water diet too. Im telling you I am so hungry that I want to scream. Thank God that August 14th is not that far away. Congrats and good luck to everyone!!