Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to hear about........

all the cool/strange/"normal" stuff you can do now since loosing weight with your band! :tongue2:

I will start:

I can shave the back of my legs! I have lost 8 inches on each theigh. Before I never wore anything but capris, pants and long skirts because I couldn't reach to shave back there. Sometimes I would have hubby rub some Nair so I could rinse it off in the shower. I can't tell you how good it feels to take a bath, lift my legs and shave! :biggrin:

I can ride in a plane and not have to ask for a seat belt extender! :thumbup:

You know those terrible people counters at parks and some stores? I can walk straight through them without having to turn sideways.

Let's hear yours!

I havent had surgery yet but I can tell you what I am looking forward to...

I want to have the confidence to dance in a night club with my husband.

Not have my tummy touch the steering wheel when I drive.

We live about two hours from Orlando and go to parks a lot.... I would like to ride some roller coasters... I dont because the seats arent big enough.

The band has helped me to live my best life...let me count the ways:

1. I can shop in the misses session of department stores.

2. I don't have to shop at Lane Bryant.

3. I can wear all of my clothes that are in my closet.

4. My five year old daughter doesn't make comments that unintentionally hurt my feelings, "Mommy can't fit in my bathtub" is an example.

5. My thighs don't rub together when I walk or run.

6. I am not having trouble breathing (shouldn't this be number 1?)

7. I am more confident when speaking in front of staff.

8. I am more confident when presenting ideas to colleagues.

9. I don't have to make excuses or jokes about my weight issues.

10. I believe my husband when he says that I look good:)

Paint my toe nails by bending down to them instead of pulling my foot up to me! Also ride a horse, That was my turning point for wanting the band. My DH and I went on vacation (before the band ) And decided to go horseback riding, When we got there the lady behing the desk asked me how much I weighed in front of everyone while she proceeded to explain to me that they had a 225lbs weight limit. And with me standing there weighing in at 252 felt like crawling under a rock if I would have fit. So now the only thing I get asked is english or western. It feels great!!!

get out of the bath tub easier

fit into booths easier

get on the tranplant list ( minus 10 more lbs )

Ah...let's see....so far

Having more confidence.

Love being the female lead singer again.

I don't mind photos anymore!

All these are just results of losing 40 lbs. I have more to go but I am on the top of the world.

Being able to have my grandchildren sit on my lap without falling off because my belly is in the way!! LOL

I have 6 grandchildren that all still love to climb up on Grandma's lap (the oldest being 19)!! I love that they still want to be close to me so I am working hard at my band!!

(oh yea,,,,and to see my feet!! I am not there yet but my toes are starting to peek out....lol) :biggrin:

1. i can shop in any store now., not 1 lane bryant tag is left in my closet.

2. im no longer embarrassed to have pics takem with my skinny friends, you cant keep me away from the camera now

3 walking into a bar and feeling confident about my appearace. i now feel like im one of there prettiest girls there instead of feelling embarrassed cuz im one of the fattest.

4. taking a long walk with my boyfriend and not wanting to pass out after wards

5 wearing belts!. i had to borrow one of my 16 yr old daughters last week!

i could go on forever the band has given me so many great experiences. i love my band

Meeeeee toooooo!!!!! I can't wait either!!!! I dream about being able to wear a shirt tucked in with a belt and it look classy instead of dumpy!

Just had my surgery, but I am looking forward to...

1. crossing my legs at the knee and not looking like I'm breaking

2. shopping for clothes in any store...

3. "being able to fly to Paris with my husband" (have the Realize band and I DESPISE that commerical..)

There are more things for sure, but crossing my legs is the start..

Here are a few things I've noticed that I can do.

1. I can cross my legs

2. I'm more confident about myself

3. I also believe my hubby when he tells me I look good

4. Buying new clothes to fit my new body

5. The sex is great!! :laugh:

6. My wedding ring that used to be waaaay too small is now almost too big

Those are just a few. Good luck to all playing the "weighting game".

This past weekend, my husband and I did a getaway without the kids. I wore a short-ish skirt and a nice (non-stretch) blouse. I wore heels, with an ankle strap and I buckled it myself. It is so much easier to shave my legs and I do it almost daily now. And I find it easier to assume various positions during our getaway, if you know what I mean. Ahem.

As for travel... my airplane seatbelt has a long tail now! And I can use my tray-table or even open my laptop and work on the plane.

I'm thrilled. Every single day I find something that is better or easier because of the weight loss. I'm still riding on cloud 9 with regard to this whole thing. I couldn't be happier...