Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmmmmmm how do I ask this..inconsistent resriction

Does anyone else have this?

Somedays I can eat like I never had the band and then it fill like I have a lot of restriction??

It even changes throughout the day..Sometimes Breakfast goes down fine and then I have huge restriction at dinner.

I can't even say it's becuase it is different types of food because sometimes even the sames food change.

I hope this makes sense?

I wanna go for a fill but Im not sure if i need one

BTW I had sx 3/25/09 and am down 26 pounds:sad:

I totally understand. I refer to my band as bipolar because it's moody without warning.

Trust me!!!! I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!! I just actually got finished throwing up A LOT (more than normal, actually) after two bite of well-chewed chicken. I HATE CHICKEN!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!!

I feel the same way you do, though. It really sucks. Right now, I'm kind of in a love/hate relationship.

What I'm wondering is if it's the major change in elevation I went through. I moved to Idaho for school, and ever since then, I keep throwing up. And I throw up things that I can normally eat! I don't get it! I'm glad I'm not the only one, though!

Sorry if this didn't help much. Finals week just ended, and I have been semi-incoherent the past couple of days. :cool2:

I totally understand how you are feeling. I tend to be able to eat more at Breakfast, a little less for lunch, and a small dinner. Just the opposite of what most bandsters experience - especially those who are tight in the morning. I don't get it. My larger breakfast also doesn't seem to last me as long as my smaller lunch and dinner - even though I am getting plenty of Protein. I am usually hungry about 3 hours after eating breakfast, but can go 6 hours after lunch before having dinner. Go figure! I'm just trying to go with the flow I guess. I'm losing and really don't want to be any tighter at this point, so it is what it is!

Anyone else having this experience?

Ok, I had this same problem n then someone on this forum (RestlessMonkey) told me to drink more Water and make sure I'm well-hydrated. That made a world of difference. I just started really focusing on it yesterday and have been able to eat without pain. I guess when everything is dry, it just doesn't work well.

I can be the same way. Morning suck for me though. I really can't eat anything. Been that way since the beginning though. I stick with a Slim Fast and/ or black coffee. I am more thisty in the morning anyways. If my family wants a big breakfast I can eat some eggs about 3 hours after I wake up.

Yes, I have the same experience. I've been at my "sweet spot" for a couple of months now and my weight loss is steady. But, the amount of food I can eat on any particular day changes constantly! I've always had a Protein shake and coffee for breakfast, something like tuna with veggies or fruit for lunch, and then a small "normal" dinner. Recently though, dinner has been a challenge. Sometimes I can eat 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food, sometimes just a couple of bites sends me rushing to the bathroom! And the same food that went down fine one day doesn't go down the next. It's a little discouraging. I'm hungry at dinner and looking forward to a nice meal, but some nights I just can't eat it!

jlray - It could very well be dehydration. I'm not consistent with my Water intake (never have been), but I'm going to try to monitor that and see if I have less trouble on days that I drink more Water. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edited by Mim

I am so glad you brught this up. There are some days that work is totally crazy, I get home, take care of the kid, lay down in bed only to realize I hadn't eaten anything all day! Of course I drank alot of Water. The next day I will remember to eat and force myself to take the time to. Then the next day I will be so hungry! I am all over the place. I really try to make sure I am taking care of myself.

My nutritionist says it has everything to do with Water. If you really drink ALOT of water before eating, you'll be able to eat more easily - but, be careful, you don't want to be able to eat too much. I like where I am with my restriction right now - no pastas or breads...even with tons of water!

Water WATER WATER!!! I took me a good 4 months to realize that water is the problem. I would throw up daily. One day i could have tuna, the next no. Some days i couldnt even get sf pudding down, and my Protein Shakes would curdle, then the curdle would get stuck and I couldnt do even a protien shake. I thought my band had slipped, i was freaking out. I saw a post that said drink more water, and it has been dramatically different!!!! Drink as much water as you can!!! Still cant eat breakfast, just coffee, then yogurt a couple hours later. But lunch and dinner are fine!!! Im losing about 2lbs a week and its great!!! Wish it was faster but i know this is the healthy way to do it!!