Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I have unprotected sex?

I am 4 1/2 weeks post op, I take a birth control pill everyday...I haven't missed one since my surgery. Am I protected from pregnancy? Is there something in the medicine they give us at the hospital that could cancel out my birth control?

Thank You,

Edited by Loving everyday

Yes from pregnancy, I just want to know if my birth control pill is still protecting me.

Yes from pregnancy, I just want to know if my birth control pill is still protecting me.

yes if you have been taking it faithfully, HOWEVER... If you have been taking an antibiotic due to surgery or an other infection of sorts... then the answer is no... use additional protection.

I got pregnant once while on antibiotic dispite my Birth control pill.

Good luck

Nope no antibiotics, I took the pain killer the first week and one of my nause pills but that is it. Thank You, for your help. Now I can tell my boyfriend "I told you so" =)

Happy is so right! There are certain medications that can negate the effect of BCP. So, if you have been taking any medications since your last cycle, check with your pharmacist, who can tell you if there is any risk.

Are you serious?

Say someone on here said OH NO YOU'RE fine have all the sex you want.... and you do it. WTH would you do if you got pregnant?

I would call your doctor and since you have taken other medicine I would use double protection to be safe.

Not to mention you already should be protecting yourself with a bf from all kinds of other nasty bugs.

What Brandy said.

We have been together for almost 3 years now it's not like I picked some boy up a week ago and said "hey you are my boyfriend lets go have unprotected sex" hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! :)

That is a good idea I am going to give my doc's office a buzz when I get off, thank you guys for all your help. :bored:

I'm 7 months post op, can I have a 3 some with Scandinavian twin sisters? If yes, can you fine them for me?

Sorry, bad day at work, had to act out and this seemed like a good target. I'm back to normal now. Thanks.

I'm 7 months post op, can I have a 3 some with Scandinavian twin sisters? If yes, can you fine them for me?

Sorry, bad day at work, had to act out and this seemed like a good target. I'm back to normal now. Thanks.

Hey this is a really serious situation! Don't ever feel like you have to apologize when looking for real sound advice.

You should really re-think the Scandanavian. I really think you would be better off with some Bangkok Betties myself. I mean, you never know what those Scandanavian chicks might have.

i like roulette - but only in vegas........

Please make sure you really think about betting on black. It's the safer option, for real.

ok, I think as a normal course of action surgeons do a bag of antibiotics right before surgery (mine did and all others I have talked to did). The answer to your question is that you are probably not protected. Use back up protection.

LOL ya'll are funny!

best bet is to check with dr or pharmicist to make sure there are no contradictions if you are on other Meds. ;o)