Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still learning how/what to eat

Since most of us have had our fills, have been on solids etc, We're all still learning the do's and don'ts of eating. I learned today that even the slightest bit of Cream sauce over Pasta, will set your digestive system into a tailspin..... what foods have you all noticed, that Just send a shock to your system and force you to keep the pepto handy...

My kids were eating cheese on toast this morning, I thought hmm, that looks good, havent eaten that in literally years - you know, toast bread, put on cheese, put under griller.

Ugh, it made me feel awful. It was so rich and fatty, I just dont like things like that anymore. Cant tolerate a lot of fat in any form.

Honestly? The ONLY difference I have found at almost 1 year post op (and finally great restriction) is that I have to chew better and I eat less. No kidding; no bowel problems, no nausea, no "upset" if I eat this/that/the other, etc. I'm lucky, I'm grateful to my doc, and mostly wanted to post just so "newbies" and those just lurking will know that not everyone has problem foods, digestion issues, etc.

I've eaten the occasional super fatty "unhealthy" food and it just tasted good. Usually that type of thing doesn't keep me full as long as the healthier things like chicken and some green Beans, for example. Since I want to lose weight, I make the healthier choices about 99% of the time, and that satiety helps me make the healthier choices. But nothing makes my stomach rebel (not like you mean!) Things HAVE gotten stuck a time or two but it's MY fault for not chewing well. When I focus, the food all goes down fine, what little of it I need to hit "satiety". So far I just think it's wonderful.

I can't drink beer like I used to (it makes me burp) so I guess that would count, but I don't really think that's a negative. If I just HAVE to have one, I could.

This all helps so much, thanks guys. it was one of those moments where I was just HUNGRY, and I know now (even this morning) I made a really really poor choice in food.

Jaqi.... You look FABULOUS btw. it's almost like having a hangover the next day my stomach is still F'd up. And it's been happening a lot lately even with lowfat & FF/SF foods.

Who knows, it' could be a cross combo of Stress at work and IBS and the heat (Bosses refuse to put A.C on in work) That just has me irritated, internally and externally.

I've only had 1 fill so far, and my restriction is hit or miss at this point. But I know now, Stay far far away from the heavy foods!!!!! Thats why I love this site, because we're honest with each other.. Thanks guys keep posting!!

I am waiting to see what happens after I start getting fills. So far I can eat anything, however I am making healthy food choices. I just cut it small, chew well, and eat very small portions. This includeds Pasta, bread and even lean steak. Nothing has gotten stuck.

I hope it continues. I have IBS so some of the problem foods from befor may still be a problem.

I feel 100% better with the healthy diet.