Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it's been a while since we've all had our May surgery...

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. All healed up and feeling good? Any lingering problems? How is life in general?

I had a really easy recovery so nothing to complain about there.

I am losing hair like CRAZY. I've researched it and will try a few supplements. I've lost hair before when the weight was coming off, or when I was going through major hormonal changes (like after pregnancy), so I hope it will eventually stop coming out. So far, it's not like it's noticeable but I'm getting a bit worried.

I'm feeling great otherwise, losing weight and I have lots of energy. I had my first fill this past week.

The only other weirdness is that I still have what I assume is nerve pressure? I have spots on my upper arms that feel numb, which is weird. And I can tell if I eat too much because it causes pain in my left shoulder. What's up with that? Anyone know? Does it happen to anyone else?

Check in and share... how's the journey?

I'm feeling really good. People are noticing my weight loss. My bath towels seem so much bigger just from only a few inches lost so far.

I don't have any lasting bad things going on. So sorry to hear your hair is coming out, but I bet that will subside soon, Linda. Best Wishes to all of us. GB

Hi. I had a really good recovery, also. although as of lately my port site (not incision, which looks great) has been giving me a little grief. Off and on I will get a stabbing pain and as quick as it comes, it goes away. Weird. I am thinking maybe scar tissue. No fever, easy to find the port at the docs, so just weird. I feel great, getting mor energy as the days go by. Slow weight loss, but I am fine with it. It's a huge learning curve for me.

As far as my hair is concerned, I have thin, very thin hair, to start off with and I can always tell the days I get enough Protein in or not, usually if not the next day, for me, there is extra hair on my brush! So I am really trying to get my protein in.

good luck to all.

I too am doing well and feel back to normal. Even a little better because of the weight loss. With my second fill I'm finally feeling restriction which is great because my three small meals a day keep me full now!

Linda, that's great your amount of weight gone. Good job! No weird pains under the arms. I just get achey around my port site and know I've pulled/stretched the muscle some times.

GB, just yesterday I noticed that about my towel too!

Melissa, my hair is very thin and I do notice it coming out. Like you, I'm trying to keep my Protein up but with eating such small amounts now...

And my weight loss is slow also but, hey, I'll take it after nothing coming off and staying off before!

Feeling fine. Longing for another fill with more restriction.

Recovery was excellent, BUT..my port is a bit tilted . I think it is due to my waistband on my slacks.

Took the assistant a while to locate it for a first fill, but she said it will be faster next time.

No problem with hair..went for a rinse yesterday, and that will tell in the weeks ahead if my hair is damaged at all or lacking nutrients .

So far..no difficulties such as PB'ing , etc. Just have to remind myself to chew chew chew.

WOW..over a 60 lb loss...keep it up, gal!

I still have some scabs, but they are very faint & thin, MY biggest problem still, is my port site. Because of it's location at my bra line. I guess it's time to invest in some new undergarments, but I'm in between sizes in that area. Some of them I Just can not wear period or I'll be in agony all day.

I still have restriction after my first fill, but for some reason I was just hungry all day yesterday. I don't know if it's all the walking I did, but it just seemed like every 2 hours I was hungry. Today so far, I'm just nausious.

My hormonal changes have mellowed out a bit, and My hair too is not thining but I notice a lot more coming out in the shower. SO far, The place I notice my wl the most in is my legs. My calf muscles are making an appearence again, and I can actually see my toes when I look down. The DH notices it more in my face and waist. like he can actually wrap his arms around me again, and my son too noticed he can wrap his arms around my waist and touch his hands (big discovery when your 7!)

I'm bottom heavy, and I'm short, so the upper half is where it's most noticable. Congrats on the 60+ lbs. you go girl! best of luck to everyone!!!! we're in this together:thumbup:

I'm down a lil' over 40 lbs. since preop,31 since surgery on May 26...though,i think I lost that 30lbs in my boobs...lol...went from a 46F to a 44DD,which is good because now i fit into my cute bras again...lol. Though it just makes my belly look bigger! damnit...but i'[ll take it! Haven't started a good exercise routine,but will wait until Aug. when the kids get back to school. I am taking this year off to become a gym rat and get this weight off. I go in for my first fill on Wed. and looking forward to restriction again!

Glad to hear everyone is successful! I had a minor setback 2 weeks ago with getting a staph infection in one of my port sites. That has since cleared up and I'm healing well, knock wood! Otherwise, I'm doing pretty good. I've noticed and so have other people, my weight loss. I love shopping for new clothes! I had my first fill but don't really feel restriction yet. I have my 2nd fill on the 23rd, hope that helps! I'm down 35.5 pounds since May 4th when the preop diet began and I'm down 20 since surgery May 20th. Which compared to most of you, isn't that big of a loss! But I'll take it. Best of luck to everyone!

I too am doing well, have not noticed Hair loss yet, my hair is thin to begin with, so yikes, that will be ugly till it grows back. I had my first fil last week and have good restriction from it (at least for now), doctor said to come back as soon as I started feeling like I was eating more than 1 cup at a meal but I am no where near that now. First fill was easy and they found the port fine. My BP is way down and hoping my regular doctor will take me off of my bp meds soon too.

What a great thread! I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! :) I'm feeling pretty good about my weight loss and seem to be smiling a lot more. People are starting to take notice now, mostly because my clothes are baggy. Time to go shopping again! :) I've been going to this great thrift store that often has a lot of new things with tags still on. Saves me a bundle of money, considering I don't plan on being that size forever! :lol:

Like some of the other posters, I also have very thin hair and my hair is falling out. I've had it fall out with other major weight loss before, and eventually it stops. But it is disconcerting to see how much is in my hands when I Shampoo. Oh, and I have really bad breath -- another yucky side effect. :) I've taken stock in Listerine Strips. LOL I believe it comes from me eating so much Protein. I've given up most carbs (unless they are Beans or lentils).

But, those issues are small prices to pay for the happiness I have been feeling lately!!

Oh, and like others, I am also noticing my bath towels are bigger! LOL :)

Yeah, the breath thing is normal for a low-carb way of eating. I'm dealing with that too.

I had my first fill over a week ago and it still feels tight. I'm still trying to figure out it. Like, right now I just ate some pistachios for my Breakfast. They are controlled bite sizes and I chewed well. But I can feel the tightness, like I'm waiting for them to go down. I don't think that's the same as a full episode of being "stuck" but whatever it is, it's happening quite frequently.

I can't see a pattern. Like, some people say they're fine in the morning and tight in the evening (or vice versa). It seems pretty random.

I have a business trip next week - 5 days in the company of others for most of my meals. I need to be REALLY careful and very selective. I think I'll pick up some prepackaged Protein shakes to help keep my nutrition up because I imagine I will refrain from eating for worry of being stuck. On the upside, I expect the scale to move next week. :lol

One other thing - I'm cold a lot. My feet have been so cold. I feel like I've lost my ability to properly regulate my body temp. I hope that passes....

I need a fill. I need a fill.

Did I say.... "I NEED A FILL"?

I am not due for my second until Aug 4 .

Restriction? Other than chicken going down and sticking, I wouldn't even kow I had any restriction and he put in 4cc's 2 weeks ago!

So now I am trying to sew my lips together for the next 2-3 weeks until my next appointment.

Hopefully I can at least maintain my 23 lb loss and not gain any until then.

I am doing well also. my long incision took a long time to heal but all better now i do get a shap pain from my port sometimes if i turn the wrong way but DR. said that is because of the stitches on the muscle wall sometimes they pull. I just had my second fill yesturday and am on a liquid diet right now (YUK Protein shakes). I don't take well to Protein Shakes they upset my stomach and make me want to through up. Other then that i feel GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

You guys are doing so well.

As for me, once I got past the second stay in the hosp. I have been doing fine.

I was losing good until recently, but that seems to be the norm. I really need that first fill. Can't wait till the 27th.

I was too hot all of the time, and now I am too cold all of the time.

The port site still is tender at times, and sometimes it's uncomfortable when I bend over. I have one little incision that keeps getting a little irritated. Not bad though.

I am eating no more than 1200 cals a day, but I can eat anything. I am making really good food choices almost all of the time.

I have a lot more energy.

I was down to three pair of pants I could wear, now I can wear all of what I call my "big clothes." Darn'd if I was buying bigger clothes.

My heart rate was 51 the other morning and blood pressure lower than I have seen in awhile. I asked our Medical Director if 51 was ok and she said yes. I am dizzy sometimes, so I think it's time to revisit the medication. How great it that for a result.

That's probably more than you all wanted to know but I know I really like hearing how all of you are doing.

I am glad to hear that you are doing better.

I also felt dizzy and even fell down a few stairs...why? I wasn't drinking enough and was dehydrated!

I hate Water and never was one to drink it.

So I got a supply of G2 (gatorade light) and Fuze slenderize ..and at times I dilute them just to get the water in without that sweet sweet taste.. They are not bad at all and can be found in any market at a very reasonable price. I won't make the mistake of getting dehydrated again!

Try upping your fluids for the dizziness, Rebecca and see if it helps!