Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Man am I glad I see some progress! Finally got to adjust my weight loss ticker today for the very first time by 8.2 pounds as a result of 4 days of Protein Shakes and low carbs.:)

But I am sooooo hungry:( I think it is slowly getting better with each day, but these first few days are ROUGH!! My surgeon told me I didn't have to start my preop till after the 4th of July clebration... how nice, except the lovely midwest weather caused our celebration to be postponed until the 5th:( I sucked it up and did all liquids on the 5th during the party. SOOO HARD! 4th of July is when the family brings together their yummiest summertime recipes *tear*. BUT...

I got on the scale this morning and I'm down 8.2 pounds! I really needed this to keep me going. I sure hope it gets easier though:bored:

I'm right there with you! I started my liquid diet this past Friday (my dr. said I had to start 2 weeks before my surgery). The first 2 to 3 days were the hardest. It is finally getting a little bit better. I just keep thinking about the end result!

Good luck with the rest of your time on liquids and with your surgery!:)

It may NOT get easier, but it is finite; you don't have to "eat" (or not eat!) like this forever...just preop and then for a short while post op while you heal (very important then, as you know!)

You can make it and the weight loss really helps! :)

I'm on Day 3 of the horrible liquid diet. It's a doable but no fun. My doc thinks I'll lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks on it. So far I've lost a few pounds but nothing major. I'm worried I won't lose the amount he expects. I hope so though

I started on the 5th as well- as of this am I have lost 4 lbs- it is difficult. I am getting terrible headaches (no stranger to migraines) but am not allowed any pain relievers (can take Migraine meds if it gets that bad) --- I am determined to follow the rules- I am shaky and light headed most of the time. BUT I will do this- it is only 2 weeks..... sorry to complain....

Evie,

I can relate completely. I started my 3 week pre-op diet on the 6th (surgery date 7/31). I am getting horrible headaches. Anyone have an idea why? I gave up caffeine weeks ago so I could withdrawal from my flavored coffees and coke separate from my pre-op diet. I had plenty of headaches at that time. I lost 1 lb in a day!:)

Good luck with your procedure.

i'm with ya! I'm on my second day. But I am not allowed any food. Just 3 -5 Protein shakes a day. I can have Water and crystal light. I have to admit... i did cheat! I needed something to munch on.. had a pickle, cracker and slice of cheese these past two days!. I have to stop it!

I need to just do the shakes! its hard the shakes taste terrible.. i'm doing the Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes, doc sells those at his place. i added a splenda and 2 frozen strawberries to make it tolerable! I shouldn't but ahhhh

:)

kat

Edited by felkatz

Hi katwmn...this is mamalama, the RN who met you at SAMC...you were very encouraging to me......I'm still hoping to be banded mid sept......I've heard from many that what you are going through now is the hardest part. ....hang in there! You CAN do this!

Hi katwmn...this is mamalama, the RN who met you at SAMC...you were very encouraging to me......I'm still hoping to be banded mid sept......I've heard from many that what you are going through now is the hardest part. ....hang in there! You CAN do this!

Hi There!!! So glad you are here!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I can do this. Just GOT to get past this uber hungry stage:{

I am also doing the Bariatric Advantage with a mix of Strawberries and Blueberries. The blueberries, I have found, cuts the thickness of the shake mix better than the strawberries. Together, the fruit is very good with the shakes. I figured it is the only way I can stomach the shakes.

I guess we are all on this sinking boat!!! I started my liquid diet July 5th so Im on the fourth day...Goodness... I called my nutri. and she said that I could have a light meal as long as I stay within my 1200 calories. So I have elected to have a light dinner and walk afterwards.. So while Im at work Im dying smelling everybodys food:cursing: but when I get home...Move out the way!!:)! Good Luck to you all. My surgery date is July 20th..:smile2:.

Hi Evie -

I am a migraine/headache sufferer as well and find that caffeine helps. I start my liquids on July 20th and can really only do liquids - zero real food, but am allowed two caffeinated (diet) beverages a day. You might try at least one diet soda, or cup of coffee to stop the headaches...Just drink extra Water to beat the dehydration. Good Luck!!

Jen

starving, lightheaded and dizzy... I opted NOT to skip my karate class tonight. I drank as much Water as I could the hours prior to class. To my absolute surprise, it fealt great. I had more strength than I thought. With luck it will have burned some of the 800 calories I took in today and will adjust my ticker again tomorrow. Only problem is all that exercize made me hungry again:(

my fingers are crossed regarding my morning date with my bathroom scale :}

My doctor only requests 1 week of Atkins type diet low carbs is the key to shrinking the liver. I have a bmi of 43 so i know it is not because i am not that over weight that he is not requring liquid diet. Not sure why some docs request liquids and others do not.