Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone ever heard of a band "exploding"

Maybe it was due to the post op gas - it permeated the band and then exploded!

Or wait I have another explanation.

The person who's band exploded may have been a deep sea diver and they came back up to the surface too quickly....................

LOL

The nurses at my office told us that some lady had her stomach explode because she drank soda. They said it killed her. I googled this to see if it was true and came across some theories but nothing supporting it enough for me to believe it LOL. Some people are so in the dark about lap bands!

It just shows how people love to talk even when they have know idea what they are talking about! I met one lady who had bypass surgery and didn't want the band because she didn't want to have the adjusting dial hanging out of her stomach!! People need to get informed or just stay quiet. This just goes to show that we need to ask our doctor not the over talkative know-it-alls.

People are stupid.

Someone said to me the other day "I hear you got that rubberband?" She actually thought it sat on the outside of my stomach too!!

Um wow... I think we have urban "Band" legends afoot here !! I so needed this laugh this morning nice thread :)

Girl, I applaud you for not laughing in that Nurses' face for making such a silly comment.

"This one time an AGB exploded :o "..... LMAO

You all have a wonderful day and giggle every time you think about this thread, I know I am :)

I did a yahoo search on this even though I thought it was pretty silly. It is true, it is an exploding business! The band itself is not exploding, but the surgery is exploding in the number of people having the surgery. Thanks for a great thread and do know we are not laughing at you, but at the person who told you that.

i am still giggling....

Wow, I can't even imagine something like that happened. But, I am thoroughly entertained by many of your responses.

People who don't understand the lapband procedure will say anything. Those of us who are living with the lapband must do as you guys have done and do our research.

WARNING! I see all of you making jokes about "LAP BAND EXPLOSION" I have a friend who DIED 2 DAYS AGO BECAUSE HER BAND POPED SHE ATE SOMETHING SHE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO AND POP!!!! NEED I SAY MORE. Hopefully after coroners report we can find out what it was exactly she ate. They say she ate something and the band popped everything inside it spread all over her body hurt the intestines and more details I don't know yet.. When I get them I will share them make everyone ware just be CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOIU EAT.

WARNING! I see all of you making jokes about "LAP BAND EXPLOSION" I have a friend who DIED 2 DAYS AGO BECAUSE HER BAND POPED SHE ATE SOMETHING SHE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO AND POP!!!! NEED I SAY MORE. Hopefully after coroners report we can find out what it was exactly she ate. They say she ate something and the band popped everything inside it spread all over her body hurt the intestines and more details I don't know yet.. When I get them I will share them make everyone ware just be CAREFUL WITH WHAT YOIU EAT.

Bahahahahahahaha!!

Sorry, IF this is true front someone that this is their only post I am sorry for your loss...

But, 'the stuff inside' the band is saline and saline cannot harm you!! oh my.

I'm sorry you lost your friend (if that is even true), but I seriously doubt her band exploded. What can one eat that could make the band explode? I've eaten just about anything with my band. This post seems fishy to me.