Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain! What The!!!

Allright I know my Doc told me that it might happen but why I havent changed anything as far eating goes and I have been loosing really well. I droped 40lbs since june 3rd only to wake up today and notice 2 pounds back??? I havent eatin any thing more than before? So why, I know its not alot and Ill loose it again but why? hmmmm

:thumbup:

Well my initial reaction was PMS... :thumbup: but I don't think that fits now...

But--if you weigh everyday, it could be just Water retention from too much salt...anything!

Don't worry and just keep doin' what your doin'.

I had the same thing happen. Your body goes into shock eventually - getting use to the lack of calories. At some point, it decides that it needs to store the calories because you might not be getting enough.

I dropped 25 pounds in the first 5 weeks post-op, since then, it's been a lot slower. Don't get discouraged!

Also, this well sound kinda gross, but have you gone to the bathroom? Some people get backed up post-op and that could be contributing to it.

Good luck!

I lost 3 pounds last week and gained 2 this week! I'm in the same boat! What's up with that?

What are people's thoughts about weighing? Do you way every day, weekly, only at the Dr's?

I can't decide if I want to throw my scale out the window yet...

for me I know i shouldnt but i do weigh everyday even though my doc tells me not to. he says once a week is fine. Yes on the slaty i forgot i had teryaki chicken w/soy sauce. grrr ill leave that alone and also not to be gross but it has been slow go on the toilet since you asked. i did notice aswell that my pants that didnt fit me last week fit me fine now. So im confused lol.

I lost 4 lbs yesterday and gained 1.5 lbs this morning. I'm planning to send my scale to the trunk of my car so I can stop obsessing about daily weight-in.

Seems like when to weigh depends on the person. Some weigh every hour, some every morning, some once a week, and some only when they go to the doctor. It can be a motivator, but it can be depressing too. Like the previous posters have said, there are many things that can cause us to gain a couple or lose a couple (other than straying from our eating plan). It seems like I am always wrestling with 2 pounds.... up 2.... down 2.... It kinda drives me crazy and I just have to focus on the fact that the 2 pounds I am currently wrestling with are not the same 2 pounds I was wrestling with a month ago. It is always good to keep a chart or a graph so you can see that the numbers are really going down. If that daily up/down gets you discouraged, then you might want to go to weekly weigh ins. You are doing great!!! Take care. Becky

I understand how you feel. This is an awful experience. I have an ongoing, daily, emotional relationship with my scale and it still amazes me how my weight varies.

I have found that taking my measurements once per month has helped keep me motivated because even though I have only averaged a weight loss of 5 lbs per month, I have lost a lot of inches.

Stay focused on your long term goal...

I named my scale, "Cruella"--like the mean lady in 101 Dalmations--because it can be so cruel. I used to be a scalaholic (multiple times a day!). I quit weighing and didn't weigh for years (I don't recommend that--it's too easy to delude yourself and not "notice" that you're gaining weight!). Now that I've been banded, I'm trying to weigh only once a week--though I don't like that either--it puts too much pressure on that one day. Maybe twice a week? I agree that as long as the general trend is downward, then daily fluctuations aren't worth my attention (yeah, that's what I'm thinking--now if I could only get my emotions to catch up).

I think Ill stick to every morning after my morning ritual and check myself then, so far I have noticed on the days I dont drop I loose inches and the next day it goes down 2 pounds. So i guess i shouldnt complain to much.

i have been fighting the same 4 pounds for about 2 weeks now. (i had to be completely unfilled last week, so i am scared to death to get on scale). Long story i did post it!

i have decided i will only get on scale when i go to doctors........

i hate that thing.....it brings me much pain, but sometime much joy.......oh well good luck.

Don't stress. .

Besides the other good advice, there may be something to this one point. I had a very stressful weekend and went up 4 and its taken me more than 2 weeks to get rid of it

Also, this well sound kinda gross, but have you gone to the bathroom? Some people get backed up post-op and that could be contributing to it.

Good luck!

AKA - FOS!

I have that problem often. Not related to band either, that's just me. AND for goodness sake be so proud of what you've lost so far. I'd kill to have seen that number!