Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2009 bandsters?

Jenny, You have your surgery the day before me!! I'm on August 4th. Thank you so much for the congrats and encouragement with the pre-op diet. Are you still hanging in there with yours? I find I am not hungry, but I am enjoying the "smell" of the foods around me...when I am able to eat again, I will definitely be savoring every bite! I have had no trouble giving up soda or chocolate, no cravings for them either. Bur I am craving SALT so much that last night I "licked" the salt off of ten pretzels and threw the rest of the pretzel out! How bad am I??? (LOL) Those of you have not done your pre-op diets make think I am crazy...but wait till you start yours...you'll understand!! (LOL)

Nancy, I totally hear you on the salt cravings! I am on day 7 of my preop and have been craving something sour. So i've been drinking sips of pickle juice! I think i should make it into a popsicle.. yummy :laugh:

Hi. My date to get banded is Aug 11th in San Antonio. I can't wait.

Whooohooo everyone it is officially August our month. This pre op diet is not so bad now , i am down 6.6 lbs from last saturday. Can't wait to start hearing surgery stories now. I am ready for Friday to get here. Good luck to everyone. Keep us posted.

Hi,

August 7th I will be on the Band Wagon!:)

Patti

Yippee! On day 9 of pre-op diet and have lost almost 11 lbs! It has not been easy, but I am determined to get banded and change my food behavior! I find I enjoy "smelling" everyone's food, even though I cannot eat it. Wierd! Tuesday is my surgery. I am very excited, but also a little nervous!

weight.png

Jenny, how are u doing? I just cam home this morning from the hospital! I feel so wiped out from the anesthesia, but have very little pain. It was so much easier than I thought!

Day 2 home from getting banded. Slight discomfort, but still feel very very tired. My pillow is my best friend right now!

How's everybody else doing?

I was banded yesterday, the 5th and today has been rough! My stomach is SOOOO sore, bruised, and swollen! I've also had gas pains in my chest and back, but I know it will all go away. My pain meds wired me instead of making me sleepy, so I was awake all night....no fun! I got some different pain meds today, but it's a big pill! I'm so scared to take it!!! Maybe I'll crush it and put it in Jello.< /p>

I was banded yesterday, the 5th and today has been rough! My stomach is SOOOO sore, bruised, and swollen! I've also had gas pains in my chest and back, but I know it will all go away. My pain meds wired me instead of making me sleepy, so I was awake all night....no fun! I got some different pain meds today, but it's a big pill! I'm so scared to take it!!! Maybe I'll crush it and put it in Jello.

Hi! I got banded yesterday too :wink: Super sore here, can hardly sit or lay. Thankfully not much gas, though I did buy gas-x strips just in case. Maybe those will help you? I got percocet for pain, but my pharmacist wont fill it because they put the amount of pills to be dispensed in the wrong spot *rolling eyes* thus far doing okay without them though. Might just buy liquid tylenol tmw for any pain. They told me to crush all pills I need to take minus birth control which is small enough to pass.

Best wishes, feel free to get in touch with me :crying:

I was banded yesterday, the 5th and today has been rough! My stomach is SOOOO sore, bruised, and swollen! I've also had gas pains in my chest and back, but I know it will all go away. My pain meds wired me instead of making me sleepy, so I was awake all night....no fun! I got some different pain meds today, but it's a big pill! I'm so scared to take it!!! Maybe I'll crush it and put it in Jello.

You poor thing!:crying: I have no gas pains, the swelling in my stomach has gone down a little today (I only look 4 months pregnant instead of 8 months pregnant LOL) and I'm taking Darvocet for pain where the port site is very sore, etc. I don't see any bruising yet, maybe when the bandages fall off. Hang in there...for supper I had some Tomato Soup and it stayed down no problem!!!:wink:

Hi! I got banded yesterday too :tt2: Super sore here, can hardly sit or lay. Thankfully not much gas, though I did buy gas-x strips just in case. Maybe those will help you? I got percocet for pain, but my pharmacist wont fill it because they put the amount of pills to be dispensed in the wrong spot *rolling eyes* thus far doing okay without them though. Might just buy liquid tylenol tmw for any pain. They told me to crush all pills I need to take minus birth control which is small enough to pass.

Best wishes, feel free to get in touch with me :mad:

Hang in there, it's going to get easier! :wink: I have been sleeping half sitting up, cause that seems to not hurt as bad where my port is! Make sure you get some meds, so you don't have to suffer! I've been taking Davocet and that works for me. Keep in touch and let me know how you are progressing!:crying:

surgery in 3 hours,getting ready to head to hospital.Whoohooo:thumbup::wink2:

surgery in 3 hours,getting ready to head to hospital.Whoohooo:thumbup::wink2:

Let me know how you are doing?? Good Luck!

got on real quick to update, had surgery at 845 was on way back home at 1230 feeling good for most part. some soreness best decision I ever made to all who are coming up don't worry , relax and you will come out fine. I will post again tomorrow . :scared2:

You poor thing!:tt1: I have no gas pains, the swelling in my stomach has gone down a little today (I only look 4 months pregnant instead of 8 months pregnant LOL) and I'm taking Darvocet for pain where the port site is very sore, etc. I don't see any bruising yet, maybe when the bandages fall off. Hang in there...for supper I had some Tomato Soup and it stayed down no problem!!!:scared2:

I only had two incisions, my belly button and a tiny one about 5 inches above my belly button. I think most of the work was done thru my belly button, so that's why it's so sore and bruised around it. Yesterday, day 2, was definitely the worst! Today has been much better!! The gas pains have not been near as bad...just when I get a drink, a bubble comes up and I burp. Kinda hurts, but I'm sure it'll go away! I start thick liquids tomorrow, which will be nice even though I haven't been hungry at all!