Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2month post op and not losing

[quote=lapbandgirl2009;1257668

I am trying to focus on eating the right thing and as far and fruit and veggies. Should I only have one piece of fruit and one veggie? I am having 2 fruits at least and 2 veggies if even more sometimes. So maybe that is a factor?

I know that when I workout sometimes I will get headaches so if I eat a little more then it goes away.

I sounds to me like you're doing fine on the fruits and veggies. Just don't forget to get your Protein in first. Also, your headaches could be a sign that you need more to eat or possibly drink (remember to hydrate). I not in the medical field, but I know I get headaches if I don't eat or drink regularly. It doesn't have to be much, just enough to make you feel better. You sound like you're doing really well and making a sincere effort. We all want the weight to come off "now", but it normally takes alot longer to take it off than put it on! Keep up the good work! :(

I agree that the 500 calories is too low. But it's also hard to get more when all you are eating is 1/2 c. 3 x's per day plus 3 glasses of skim milk. I have protien and fresh veggies, protien and fresh fruit and protien and a carb for the three meals.

I'm going to go over this again with the dietician.

Thanks for the info. :-)

Each meal should easily be 300 calories. You don't need to count your veggies (non-carb veggies) as part of your 1/2 cup. If you cut up chicken or meat or fish into tiny pieces, a half cup is quite a bit. If you eat chlli or a bean dish, a half cup is also considerable. I also can have a snack. I really don't measure anything nor do I eat 3 meals a day, but I consume at least 1000 cals a day and 1/2 cup normally fills me up. Your 3 cups of milk would be around 300 cals too wouldn't they? Is there a nutritionist in your Dr's office? The surgeons are not always the best ones to give nutritional advise!

Thanks Emjay and Bam Bam for your kind words and motivation. I am definitely going to stick with this and give it 100% I did not get WLS surgery to give up. This is an ongoing journey and I know that not all times will be easy and this is just one of those times.

I am trying to focus on eating the right thing and as far and fruit and veggies. Should I only have one piece of fruit and one veggie? I am having 2 fruits at least and 2 veggies if even more sometimes. So maybe that is a factor? I know I am not at my "sweet spot" but my doc said I could go again in 2weeks if needed. My last fill was a week ago and it feels like it just kicked in. Do any of you get headaches from not eating enough calories. I know that when I workout sometimes I will get headaches so if I eat a little more then it goes away. Again thank you all for your input and Jennifer 75 talk with your dietician but I know it is a struggle.. so hang in there

Take Care

You could leave all fruit out while you are early in the weight loss. It contains too much sugar. My dr's recommend not eating fruits other than berries the first year. In fact, one of the Dr's says to eat only Protein and vegetables that grow above the ground.........nothing else until we have reached our goal. He's very strict (not the one I request lol), but he does have the lap band and has lost over 100 pounds and maintained it for several years.

You are doing excellent. You are supposed to be loosing 1-2 lbs per week... that is what we signed up for, slow and steady so that it can be maintained and not gained back. And as far as the inches... some people wish they could hit a NSV (Non-Scale Victory) like that. Look at it all girl... you are doing wonderfully.

You could leave all fruit out while you are early in the weight loss. It contains too much sugar. My dr's recommend not eating fruits other than berries the first year. In fact, one of the Dr's says to eat only Protein and vegetables that grow above the ground.........nothing else until we have reached our goal. He's very strict (not the one I request lol), but he does have the lap band and has lost over 100 pounds and maintained it for several years.

I have a pamphlet that I got when I had surgery and it does advise to eat only 1/2-1 piece of fruit two months after surgery but maybe I will stop eating so much fruit. I just figure if I want something sweet that it is better to eat that then junk food and also it is convenient with my schedule. My surgeons and Nutritionist do not like the Protein shake thing only 48hrs after fills they would prefer that get full from Protein first of course and solids.

Take Care

Thank you for replying

You are doing excellent. You are supposed to be loosing 1-2 lbs per week... that is what we signed up for, slow and steady so that it can be maintained and not gained back. And as far as the inches... some people wish they could hit a NSV (Non-Scale Victory) like that. Look at it all girl... you are doing wonderfully.

Thanks Girly you are absolutely right about what we signed up for. I am happy that is coming off slowly in a way cause it does give my skin and body time to adjust cause I am concerned with that excess skin. So I am hanging in there. Take Care Congrats on the weight loss

:thumbup:

Hi All

I am needing a little help here I am not losing weight only inches. I am two months post op and I have lost over 10" total and 14-15lbs. I am making sure I stick between 1200-1500 calories granted some weekend I have had some alcoholic beverages. I am exercising at least 4days/wk cardio for one hour and some weight training. This week I have started a food journal but I need some encouragement? how did you get past plateaus?. Also I have 4cc in my band got a second fill last week

Thank you

I am just about 2 months out (surgery 4/30) and am not losing weight OR inches. I am gaining and losing the same couple of pounds since pre surgery. I had my first fill of 5cc (11 cc band) on 6/8 and am scheduled for my 2nd fill 7/8. I know that everyone differs as far as when restriction is reached, but I am getting very discouraged and as a result, turning to food! I am sure I am eating less than before surgery but I can still eat! During my first fill appt, I was disappointed to see the scale up from surgery but knew this was likely. The person weighing me told me "don't worry about it, you're not that big anyway"....so why did they do the surgery on me?! I did this for weight loss as well as getting rid of the other health issues!

When I recently emailed the office to ask about my next fill and again expressed frustration at not losing weight....I was told to "remain diligent with healthy eating and exercise"...if I could have done this to begin with, I would have skipped the major surgery! I don't want to count calories anymore!

Right after surgery I did well with my eating. I am now pretty much eating the same types of foods as presurgery.

Exercising maybe 2-3 times a week. I realize this takes some work on my part but I need to see some love from this band to get my motivation back! I'm stepping down from my soapbox..thanks for letting me vent :thumbup:

I am just about 2 months out (surgery 4/30) and am not losing weight OR inches. I am gaining and losing the same couple of pounds since pre surgery. I had my first fill of 5cc (11 cc band) on 6/8 and am scheduled for my 2nd fill 7/8. I know that everyone differs as far as when restriction is reached, but I am getting very discouraged and as a result, turning to food! I am sure I am eating less than before surgery but I can still eat! During my first fill appt, I was disappointed to see the scale up from surgery but knew this was likely. The person weighing me told me "don't worry about it, you're not that big anyway"....so why did they do the surgery on me?! I did this for weight loss as well as getting rid of the other health issues!

When I recently emailed the office to ask about my next fill and again expressed frustration at not losing weight....I was told to "remain diligent with healthy eating and exercise"...if I could have done this to begin with, I would have skipped the major surgery! I don't want to count calories anymore!

Right after surgery I did well with my eating. I am now pretty much eating the same types of foods as presurgery.

Exercising maybe 2-3 times a week. I realize this takes some work on my part but I need to see some love from this band to get my motivation back! I'm stepping down from my soapbox..thanks for letting me vent :thumbup:

This is very common with weight gain during post op. Some lose and then gain after liquid phase so that does happen. My weight loss did slow down after the liquids phase. Stick with eating Protein first etc. Don't start eating all the wrong food cause in the end you will be very disappointed with yourself cause it is very easy gain weight.. losing it is the HARD part.. :cursing:I know it is not easy. But you are doing great with exercising and 9lbs is GREAT!! your body is still healing and your body is adjusting. I started keeping food journal this week and that has helped me cause writing everything down really make you realize how much you are eating. Hang in there and take care

I Had lapband 11/2 month ago, I had fill 1cc 2 weeks ago, i do not excercise just walking at work lot, i total i lost 12 lb, and i am getting frustrated. i do not eat too much mostly Protein, my bmi was 32 and i feel like i wasted my money. can some one give me some tips, i thought once i did lapband i will loose constantly,

thanks for any feedback

I too lost slowly at first. However, talk to your doctor. He may need to tighten you up more. I lost so much on the pre surgery diet and becaem a little dehydrated in the hospital that when I got out, at first I gained weight instead of lose. It has now been eight months and I have lost about 75 pounds. The tighter my fills the better I do.

nmalek,

Don't be so hard on yourself. Remember that the first couple months after surgery are for healing. We didn't put on the weight overnight, so even with the band it's not going to all come off overnight no matter how badly we want it to. I too was under the impression that once I had the band the weight would start magically falling off without alot of effort on my part. Not to preach, but we need to remember to be patient and that we still need to make sacrifices to obtain our goal. The restriction you will eventually have just makes it easier. Like others have posted, the band is only a tool. It will get easier for you and you will be happy with the results. Hang in there!