Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 2005 bandsters post here!!

I'm frustrated and just need to vent....

I know that losing 75ish pounds over the last 6+ months is at a decent rate - but I have worked my ass off to do it. I work out 5 - 10 hours a week, mostly watch everything that goes in to my mouth, use diet pills to try to stop the cravings, and try to stick as close to 1200 calories per day as I can. But my scale is not budging any more. I am struggling to get below the next major hurdle number on the scale.

Dr. Spiegel said to not come back until the beginning of summer for another fill (2.2 our of 4.0) and said that he was pleased with my rate of loss. I'm trying to change up my exercise routine to keep my body from adjusting to it. I'm not always the best at getting in all of my Protein and Water - I think I was better at it in the beginning. It just seems now that I get the desire to graze more than the true hunger to eat a meal 3x a day. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?

Happy 6th months to everyone!!

I know that losing 75ish pounds over the last 6+ months is at a decent rate - but I have worked my ass off to do it. I work out 5 - 10 hours a week, mostly watch everything that goes in to my mouth, use diet pills to try to stop the cravings, and try to stick as close to 1200 calories per day as I can. But my scale is not budging any more. I am struggling to get below the next major hurdle number on the scale.

Dr. Spiegel said to not come back until the beginning of summer for another fill (2.2 our of 4.0) and said that he was pleased with my rate of loss. I'm trying to change up my exercise routine to keep my body from adjusting to it. I'm not always the best at getting in all of my Protein and Water - I think I was better at it in the beginning. It just seems now that I get the desire to graze more than the true hunger to eat a meal 3x a day. Any suggestions? Anyone else having this issue?

Happy 6 months to you as well. 75 pounds is amazing....congrats to you!!

I've been a bit bad this past week when it comes to food and exercise. I've splurged and had a few (big) Cookies and haven't exercised like I should. I've also grazed a few times. I guess we just have to tell ourselves what we know to be true.....eat proper meals and STOP grazing. It's mind over matter and (sometimes) easier said than done. I'm going to make an effort to be good and start exercising again. I wish you the best of luck.

I am having to go back and look at my old fitdays to remind myself what was working...I have been on a 3 week plateau. But it is my bad habits creeping back in. I had a good day today and stopped eating in front of the tv. I felt good about the entire day. Happy 6 months to you Sept. bandsters!

Way-to-go on 75 pounds! Yes, some of my snacking/grazing issues are coming up as well. I am still counting my calories (1200 or so) and getting 60 mg of protein is my goal. I am not exercising as much as you, but seem to lose consistently with a few weeks of plateau...every once in awhile. Personally, I think that if you graze once in while, it gives you body a boost in metabolism. Graze too much, it will give you a boost in poundage :nervous . So I graze.

I would just say keep trying to change things up and give it a little time. I have a feeling that things will kick in gear.

You are doing great :clap2: .

Shawn

Wow everyone is doing so well! I can't believe it's been 6 months! 6 months and 2 bands, but it's been great.

Don't forget the 60 Gms of protien a day. Less than that your body will think your starving.

Sept bandsters I have finally hit my big 50 mark. I have lost 50 pounds since being banded in 9/05. I can wear 14 bottoms and 18 tops. My goal is a size 10 bottom and 12 or 14 top. Good luck to all.

Jayger way to go! It's amazing, this band, and how it keeps us on track!

I purchased a pair of jeans, yesterday, a size 12, I might add! Unbelievable!

Shawn

September bandsters where you at?????

I am currently 186 and would love to be out of the 80's. My dr goal for me is 165 so I have 3 months before my band anniversary to lose 21 pounds and be 165. How is everyone with their weight lost and health GREAT I hope.

Jayger, you are on FIRE!!! I am having trouble getting out of the 180's, it seems my food quantity has increased...Oh well, a fill is scheduled for June 7th. I'll be satisfied w/160 as an ending point, however, I still have my goal (ticker-wise) as 150. I just have to play this one by ear and see how I look.

I am wondering... when you shop in the regular dept. vs. plus size, do you almost feel "lost" as to what to look for or what size? I can never believe that I am trying on size 12's. It's like, "these aren't going to fit." They end up fitting.

Shawn

I had originally expected to be closer to goal by now but I have been at a plateau since April. On the other hand, I have dropped another size since April, so I guess my body is just catching up with the weight loss. I really would like to see the scales move again though... I wanted to be FINE by summer :rolleyes:

hI EVERYONE

I am at 201 the scale seems to like 201 & 202!

I heard about this new great diet. You eat every 3 hours. My friend/nurse tried it last week and lost 2 1/2 pounds! So I"m trying that!

I would just love to be at 100 pounds by our anniversary!

Everyone looks like they are doing great. Tztmana where are you?

I am currently at -61 pounds and would love to weigh 165 by my anninversary of 9/8. keep up the AWESOME weight loss ladies!!!!!!!!!

where is everyone?!

We are almost a year out. Can you believe it?

I'm so excited I made it under 200!!!

I am here, was wondering where all the Sept bandsters were at in their weight loss too! I am down 65 lbs and would love 20-25 more by my anniversary! Congratulations to all!