Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone measure food?

I start solids in 3 days. I am beginning to get hunger pains. I do not get my first fill until 6/30/09. I'm afraid to gain back what I lost. Does anyone measure your food in order to stay on track or do you just eat until you think you are full?

First, that is my favorite verse!! :drool:

Obviously I was just banded but while traveling thru this journey on this site I have notice some people say that they measure anywhere from 1/4 cup to 3/4 cups. Sometimes more but stating that if you can eat 1 1/2 cups you need a fill. IDK if that helps but I saw no one had responded yet so maybe this will go back to the top and peeps will write.:blink: Welcome to banders hell.:lol:

I start solids in 3 days. I am beginning to get hunger pains. I do not get my first fill until 6/30/09. I'm afraid to gain back what I lost. Does anyone measure your food in order to stay on track or do you just eat until you think you are full?

Myndoc made it clear that I WILL gain back some weight between surgery and finding the 'sweet spot.' Between the swelling going down and not feeling quit as full, I will begin to change portion sizes. This is where the scale commes in, to keep portions consistant. Don't beat youeself up if you gain a couple of pounds. It will come off!

I measure everything before putting on my plate - leftovers go into 1 cup ziploc bowls immediately...that way food is put away and no going back for seconds.

HTH!

I weigh and measure my foods, my issue is when I drink, I have a tendency to gulp my drinks, usually it's too late i will drink too much and then my chest starts to hurt. I guess I am going to have to measure out my 2oz of fluids. I am on soft food right now.

Any suggestions?

I'm less than 2 mo. post-op and I do weigh and measure some of my food. ie. I bought a postal scale and weigh Protein some of the time, like chicken and steak so I can get an idea what 3-4 oz. looks like. I got sick of using measuring cups for some of the side dishes and then trying to scrape them out of the measuring cup so I found my glass punch cups are exactly 1/2C. I fill those with veggies or fruits so I know I'm not eating too much. I plan to only do this until I get used to what the portions I need to eat look like.

Edited by Band_Groupie

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will measure so that I will not stretch my pouch. I almost ordered a $40.00 plate that was sectioned into proper portions when I realized those portions are not for the banded people.

Beautiful my soft foods consist of fish, fish and more fish. I have it for dinner every night. I love it. I've also had refried Beans and cheddar, applesauce, yogurt and s/f Jello. I am not really into mashed potatoes or eggs for that matter, but those foods are all on the list my doctor gave me.

Good luck and thanks for the advice.