Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

JUDY: that is so sad!

We had a really really really sucky family weekend....

I just made an appoint to see a shrink....

I need to vent to someone who doesn't know or love me.. because.. in addtion to working.... I've been perusing the self help legal sites and my states statutes on an uncontested divorce.

In my county it will cost me $166.00 to file.......

yeah...... me thinks I need a shrink.

JUDY: that is so sad!

We had a really really really sucky family weekend....

I just made an appoint to see a shrink....

I need to vent to someone who doesn't know or love me.. because.. in addtion to working.... I've been perusing the self help legal sites and my states statutes on an uncontested divorce.

In my county it will cost me $166.00 to file.......

yeah...... me thinks I need a shrink.

Hang in there girl! "Seeing" someone is a great way to get unbiased feedback on your life. This too shall pass! Much love and purple power sistah...we are here when you need us! xoxoxo

((Vi's))... hugs to everyone who needs one!!

Did well w/eating/moving yesterday... am doing ok today... seriously, I know that the battle is 99.999% in my head... so then why does all the fat end up on my ASS?! ARgh!

Pammie... are you going to Las Casuelas for yummy Mexi food? ? Mmmmmmm... "Memories"..... ^_^

I have a splitting sugar-detox headache... am going to have a bit of a lay down now. TTFN!

Tracy! That sucks. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I agree with Pam. Get thee to someone who is unbiased. It worked tremendously for me and Juan. For some reason it works when someone other than your spouse is telling you what kinds of things you are doing to hurt the relationship. I think that things between couples get so so tense that you no longer hear what the other person has to say or is asking for. That's my 2 cents...

I agree totally Haydee. I know personally a HUGE light went on when Terry sent me a thing about forgiveness when Rick and I were fighting, and still to this day I try to work within those bounds, that to love him, is to love him in spite of his way of dealing with things---and forcing him to deal with his emotions my way was pushing us apart for longer periods of time. When we argue which is seldom, but when it happens, I want to talk it to death, and have it final right NOW! He thinks things through, he does not say things in the heat of the moment (like I do that I later must apologize for....)and when he makes a conclusion that you are right or he feels a need to tell you WHY he said or chose to do something he does it...but it can be days! He does not however hold grudges during that time. It is still alien to me! After all these years! He was the same way with the kids! He would tell them NO they could not do something, and if they argued with him, he would seriously think it through. Me on the other hand, it was..."argue with ME??? How dare you! You will never do anything again!!!" LOL We are very opposite in many ways, but also very much alike in our dreams and goals, and in most of the ways we hoped to acheive those.

Tracy, I know going into a 2nd marriage where kids are involved is VERY difficult! Blending a family especially if you are not on the same page is really hard. My DD is a case in point. She is dealing with the same issues. Said she thinks she will totally quit dating men with children! I told her what if men quit dating women with kids, that knocks you out!!! She told me I just didn't get it! That Rick was always more than fair with her, and she never felt like there was competition, but that most men are not that way. There is a definite difference in the way the kids are treated, and what is allowed to be done. She said she HATES it! She hates putting Kinsey at risk for her.

I remember you talking many months ago about how Robbie was being done. I am so sorry it has come to this. Hang in there, and look out for you and your son, do what needs to be done. There are worse things in this world than being divorced again---and when remaining in the situation becomes one of those worse things---then it is time to find some help and take care of YOU.

Rick is at his folks working on a pump. I took this extra day off to spend with him on his vacation, and he is out there.....grrrrrr!!!

I went to my folks as well and helped Dad order some things online, and helped Mom set up her prayer list on the computer--now if she can figure it out---all will be well!!! Big IF!!! Love them to pieces but they are not electronically gifted, and the genes they passed on are not either!

Guess I will go change out the laundry, it is not one of those fancy ones that switches it for you!!!

ohhh, Kat, that would cook my goat if Juan was out helping when I took an extra day off for him. I've learned to deal with it better, because, thanks to you, I always remember that that is one of the reasons I love him so so much. But still. It bothers me way more than it should... But now instead of fighting about it he now comes home and apologizes and does something extra sweet for me and I forgive him. It used to be WWIII though...

Well Haydee, I would likely be a lot hotter over it, if it was our only day. As it is, this is the last day and we have had the last week. We spent part of it away from the family completely. So, I am letting it go. He really is between a rock and a hard place with this kind of thing. They are elderly, and cannot handle some things, and he loves them, and wants to help. He also wants to keep peace at home, and I know he loves me, and would prefer to be snuggled up at a movie with me that in the hot sun (100+ degrees) messing with the pump. But.......we have lots of years ahead of us (God willing) to go to movies, and him helping his parents is the right thing to do......but yeah, there are times it really gets to me!! LOL I love trying to be kind and giving, but there are days I just can't be!!!

I think right now it is grating on my nerves, because he just did their car, and she did not even feed him a sandwich! Today they had to go to town to get some electrical wire, so he took my FIL and our grandson with him, and Connor saw Taco Bell and wanted to go, so Rick drove thru----and when his Dad said "let me pay for this" Rick said he let him!!!

It is a hard place to be in, and we all end up there at one point or another----I try really hard to put myself in Rick's shoes, and behave accordingly. Which translated means, I do not bitch or whine at him.....I either come to y'all or call Becky!!!!

Went to doc, did GI Study.. good news is there is NO SLIP and my pouch is NOT DILATED. HOORAH!!!

Bad news is.. above. So there's nothing wrong. We did the barium and it went right through, so he filled me another .25cc.. And he did another barium, and he said it got stuck for a minute, so now he's afraid it's too tight, made me go back to their office to eat crackers (which is not an indicator since that's a slider food, I never understood that). We went to Shoney's afterward--2pm appt since we gotta drive from Huntsville, but no food or drinks till then.. food is ok, but not drinking from 6am-2pm was pretty rough, I was gargling Water and spitting it out.

I can't tell yet about restriction. Oh well :smile:

Good Morning, Violets..

Hospital shift today since I didn't do it yesterday because of a dental appointment and babysitting. Grady was very good yesterday.. as long as I held him. My back is not used to an extra 20#. I can't imagine how I carried 50 extra pounds for so long. It sure makes me realize how far I've come. I had a bad episode of acid reflux Sunday night. I really hate that feeling of not being able to swallow and coughing and tasting that bitterness. I swore then and there I wasn't going to eat anything after 7 p.m. I ate perfectly yesterday and no reflux. The scales don't show any movement, but then again I was not perfect on the shopping trip.. actually pretty far from it. I pb'd all the good stuff and kept down all the bad.

It's 52 degrees here right now.. the pool temp is 74 and no heater until the end of the week, so no pool exercises this week. I really miss it.

Michelle...hope your headache is better and hope you have another good eating/moving day today.

TracyinKS... so sorry to hear of your troubles. You know you need to do what is best for you and Robbie. Life is way too short to live it unhappily.

TracyK... yes, dear.. I still love ya!!!:bored:

I've been feeling pretty bummed since hearing about my former student. His friends set up a Facebook page for him. Another teacher and I will be going to the funeral tomorrow. I had Joshua, his sister Jessica and his half sister Brooklyn all as students. My kids were always called the Case Kids. When I retired, my para pro made me the very best present. She made a scrapbook and went grade by grade K-12 and had my former students write what it meant to be a Case Kid. I just looked up what Josh wrote this morning. He remembered the Reading Buddies, Tutoring, ginnie (his spelling) pigs and wearing pjs to school. I'm so thankful I have this book to look back on. There is also a picture of each class I taught so I have Josh's kindergarten picture. That's how I'll always remember him.

Just finishing up my Breakfast and time to go get dressed.

Everyone make it a VERY good day. Eat like a bandster and exercise!! We all need to get down to business again on this weight loss journey.

Edited by Teachlady

Morning Girls.

It's CTCD an I personnaly am very happy it is. I still need to work on keeping myself responsible for my choices.

Not much going on for me today. just housework, a little running around and than work later this afternoon.

Have a great day and I'll check in later.

yuck... I am at +4 instead of -4 for this month. I will be lucky to break even this month. ugh, whatever. It is my own fault. AND I have been exercising, just eating crap. Wow, how is that for trying to gain weight? :bored: I suck. :)

Oh, and I have a dermatologist appt on the 28th because the blisters under my nose (and now under my mouth) come and go...they never just GO.