Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets Part 4

Morning Girls.

I was up early and had wrote a post and before I could send it, my computer shut down for updates. Uggghhh. Made me mad.

Haydee, I'm just so excited about coming that you could serve hot dogs and I would be happy. However, the next day I plan on being there(if that's ok). Me and your dad will be best friends. LOL.

I see Pam posted on Facebook, so I guess she is back from her worldwind trip. Welcome Back Pammie.

I'm off to bed. I didn't sleep well last night and I need a little nappy before I go to volunteer tonight.

Have a great day.

That Evian roller thing must be new, 5 people at work e-mailed it to me yesterday and 2 more this morning.

What is this?

Jenn - I am so sorry for everything that you're going through. I went through a dark period in my life and the thing that saved me was first putting my problems into the hands of the Lord and second giving my time and effort into those less fortunate than me. Once I started getting involved I was able to stand back and take a clear look at my life and realize that my problems were very very insignificant compared to what some people were going through. It's impossible to do that when you're in the middle of your turmoil.

What I felt at the time, and what I think you feel, is a sense of worthlessness. I had no self esteem. Giving myself to others made me feel good that I could contribute and it brought me a sense of accomplishement and self worth. You need to find that for yourself...

Also I've never ever been one to be preachy or to try to push my religion on others but if you believe in God please please put your trust in him. Get involved in your church and see if it brings you peace. I know it did for me...

You are such a beautiful friend/person Haydee...these are beautiful words!

Haydee, I don't know, it might be a secret but we are ALL gonna be there, wearing big poofy 1980's era violet colored (of course) bridesmaids dresses!!!! And Judy is gonna sing her song, then we are all gonna sing "I love my Violets....." just for YOU!!!!!!! And then! I think we are manning the margarita bar at the reception!!!

Now aren't ya glad you got us!!!!

OOOOO CAN'T WAIT....I'll bring the Aqua Net! The pink can...extra hold!

Now that's just wrong. I prefer the sedateness of these dresses. (we'd have to be sedated to wear them) And Haydee, I have your wedding dress picked out too. No need to thank me now.

HAHA...That is what I need...poofy dresses to add girth to my LOVELY figure.

I hope everyone will be WOWed! I really want it to be special and fun and all I want is for everyone to have a great time. For me? All I want is to start making bebe's. that's the sole reason for this whole shebang... LOL

Yeah! Pamela Violeta Lara sounds wonderful for your first child :thumbup:

You wedding is based on love and a true respect for each other and it will be reflected in your choices. I for one am excited, even if it was being held in a phone booth. (personaly, I'm looking forward to all the authentic Mexican food). I may get a complete unfill just for it. LOL.

Sounds good to me! Unfill for the wedding!

oh suzie. so sorry to dissapoint you about all the authentic mexican food... I'm gonna have normal white people food at the wedding, lol. Authentic mexican takes a long time to prepare and cook and usually messy to serve.

Oh but you know what, the next day we have what is called a torna-boda. I don't know how that translates into English but the next day close family and friends gather at the bride's family home and have another party. And that's where we will have some authentic mexican food... My dad will roast a pig over a pit. He's excited about that part, LOL...

Can we come to the party? I am ready to get my "eat" on!

Well, yes, we have landed. It was a grueling flight...traveled 25 hours. We have crap EVERYWHERE! MIL left just a bit ago. They had a nice "vacay" here...and took great care of the baby! Also she left schnitzl, hot potato salad, and German meat loaf!!!

Today is a day of lounging and eating the aforementioned foods! Tomorrow is getting my fill again...and starting to dig out of the mess we have in our kitchen/den! I bought 6 leather purses...two wallets...scarfs, earrings, and on and on an on. Laura...I got one shot glass for a friend and didn't get your email until last night! I did get you a surprise from florence (Firenze)...one for all the girls!

OK...bbl...gonna go surf for a bit!

xoxoxoox

Everyone will love my dad. He is silly and lots of fun. And he's an awesome host. My mom is quiet and shy. Kinda like me...:thumbup:

Not this weekend but next weekend there is a big bridal expo here in houston and we are gonna go so I can get some ideas for invites and cakes.

Next week we are going to go take our FOCUS test at the church. It's kinda like a compatability test... We took it last time around and failed it miserably. I don't know why I'm so worried about it but I just am. I keep going over stuff with Juan almost like quizzing him. To make sure we are on the same page about family and values, LOL. He's like, why are you asking me all this stuff, you know me? I just want to make sure, LOL.

Today is already Wednesday. Happy Hump Day! I'm so ready for the weekend. I think this weekend we are going to take a road trip to the Austin area. It's been so hot we are wanting to go and get into a nice freezing cold creek.

My guest list is up to 212 :thumbup:. I'm going to sit down with my parents and his mom and review it to make sure we got everyone...

Awwwwwwwwwwright!!! The DOCTOR is in the house. Welcome back.. we sure have missed you. Well, at least I did.. :thumbup::tt2:

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Now it's back to reality.

It's a rainy, dreary day here today. I was counting on getting some more sun.. I'm working on a pretty good tan these days. It's 67 degrees right now so my lounging outside ain't happenin' today.

We're having company for dessert Friday so I need to do another once over on the house and figure out what to make. I'm thinking a strawberry trifle. Alpena is known for great strawberries and tis the season right now.

Son Joe is laid off of work for a while so no Ethan this week. Kris is coming over today and I'm watching Grady while she and the Bobster take her dogs to the vet. She has a St. Bernard and a beagle so they are a handful together.

Nothing else on the agenda for me today. No meetings, no rehearsals.. just some laundry and .....oh wait.... I see the sun!!!! Might get some lounging in after all.

The pool heater is down again.. but the pool guys say it's because the ph level in the pool was so low that the acidity burned out the heat exchanger. He asked how my skin was and I said I was in the pool at least 2 hours a day and my skin is fine. He asked if my hair was green.. nope, not that either. He poured in a ton of PH increaser yesterday so the pool was all cloudy. It's better today and they're going to come out and check the level. Nobody told us the ph levels could ruin the heat exchanger.. arghhhhhhhhhh

I'm off to get dressed and start the day. I know.. it's almost 11 a.m. here, but I got to bed at 2 and was up at 9:45. The life of an old, retired person.

Everyone have a great day!! Let us know how dsd did today, Tracy.

Can we come to the party? I am ready to get my "eat" on!

OH my gawd yes! Everyone of ya'll that is coming down is coming to all things...It's gonna be a three day party. Friday is rehearsal dinner, Sat is that little party I've been talking about and then Sunday is the pool party at my parent's house. Plan on those three events. Get plenty of rest before you come!!

Tracy is your dsd having an echocargiogram today or is it just an initial consult? Stress can seriously mess with your heart rate. And MANY issues are able to be fixed with a minor tweak, or medications.

After Rick had the GI bleed, it destroyed the interior work they had done on his heart during the valve surgery, so he went into A fib for several months. We tried meds, but the procedure they had done inside the heart required the blood to be thin while it "set" its path, and with the bleed, they purposely clotted his blood. So we were expecting another huge surgery to fix it----they made a small incision in the groin, and cauterized the areas causing the irregular heart beat. He walked in and out of the hospital on the same day! And has been in a low/normal heart beat range ever since. His heart rate normally runs between 45-60 bpm. During the A-Fib, while relaxing, we could not get it below 120 on meds!!!

You will be amazed the things they can tell you and take care of---dsd will be perfectly fine, and you will all celebrate!!

Is Macy enjoying her being there?

I am taking my Mom to town here in a little bit, think we will go get pedicures and then do some shopping. I have not got to spend any special time with her since going to work much, and since I am on vacation.....we are going to go today as soon as she finishes with a special choir practice she is at.

Off to send you guys an email!!! Just want some opinions!

Welcome back Pamela, we really did miss you----I think that is what I was feeling, it was either that or serious jealousy.....maybe a nice mix of the 2. Purses, wallets......yah it was jealousy! Welcome back!!!

Welcome back Pamela!!!

I am running late, couldn't get on internet earlier.

Haydee any flameados? I know I spelled it wrong!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!!!!!!

jane - remind me and i can do one! they are so yummy!

pam - the pics are amazing! how did you hold up with all the walking and the weather?? I would love love love to go to Italy one day. I think next year is Greece and after that is babies but one day, LOL.

Pics are up on Facebook. There are three albums, but I picked some of my favs from the 665 pix I took!

Haydee, the weather was super hot and we walked everywhere. We were soaked! But hey...so was everyone else. Did I mention we walked everywhere?? I mean seriously...I went through a brand new pair of shoes! We walked and walked...then had some Water and walked some more. But we were having so much fun! Pompeii was 1000 DEGREES...that was really hot!

I did not feel like we lacked exercise one bit! But I am hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Tracy...thanks for the BB email! We came in last night and the veto was on. I taped it and then taped the show time thing...but have not caught up yet. Right now, we are in the middle of a Young and the Restless marathon...and then All My Children is next! I did see that asshole Jesse is back, haha! So you like it so far? Any other BB violets?

I saw these small Violet candies in florence. They were these beautiful little bags of small lavendar hard candies, wrapped w/ purple ribon and little violet flowers. I wanted to get them for you all, but they were 5 euro each...and that is about $7.50 in dollars. But I was thinking about you all!

xoxoxoox

Haydee, does this mean Juan is on the same page now with babies being next year??

Going to go look at your pics Pam..

yep! He will never be 100% ready, and neither am I for that matter but he definetly wants to start trying next year.

Pamela - what did you guys eat? Anything that was amazing? How did ya'll get around other than walking? Did ya'll rent a car?

Great pics Pam!! Was the hotel as great as you hoped?

HIYA!

OK... I think I'm ready....

I've missed everyone and I am really missing you now that I just looked at all the alabama pics....

Jane I loved the coozie.. you are so thoughtful to include me.. Suzie, I wear the Blue Springs shirt all the time!

Carson is sooooo precious.....

214 today......... ho hum...... I'm with ya Kat... I need to Re-lose more than 34 lb. though

OK Haydee....... did I miss the actual setting of the date.... Is that going to be our next reunion?????