Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

That sounds like a plan....Do you exercise at all?

I just had my preop work done Thurs for my April 1st date. Any words of wisdom? My biggest concern is going home on the same day as the surg but all of the staff says I'll be fine.

How did you feel about going home on the same day as surg?

Hi Happytrucker. I dont really work out, though I know I should! I bought some of thos Sketchers shape ups shoes though, they work!

Going home the same day as surgery was ok. I didn't have any issues with that. Please dont get yourself all worked up over that. If you need to stay, I am sure they would keep you.

Good luck.

Thanks Paragirl..I know that I need to calm down, all of a sudden my nerves are getting worked up. Iwas thinking of getting the Sketcher's too.

Since starting the preop diet 8 lbs are gone. yay.

Hi all,

I just found this thread. I was banded by Dr. B seven years ago and lost 110 lbs. I was put on steroids 2 yrs ago for PMR and gained 50 lbs back. I had problems with a hiatal hernia and went to see Dr. B.

On March 23rd, he did surgery for the hernia and as a result had to put in a new band, so I am 9 days post op. I had my post op visit today and I've lost 9 pounds already!

I am on full liquids now, at last I can have something with taste...lol. Anyway, doing good and I plan on attending the support meetings at Palmyra.

I live in Griffin, GA (about a 3 hour drive each way). I trust Dr. Bagnato and wouldn't use any other surgeon.

I hope to get to know each of you!

Effie

Edited by ethelinga

Hey ethelinga....Congrats on the 110 lb lost. Hopefully we will get to meet up at the support group.

I was banded yesterday and Dr B repaired my hernia at the same time. I am feeling really good. The whole team was wonderful. My experience was quick. I was at the hospital by 6:15a and home by 1 pm.

Well I going to do a lap or two around the house.

Happytrucker what town are you from ???

I live here in albany ga.

Going in on the 23rd. For my surgery ..

HappyTrucker, congratulations and welcome BandSister...lol :)

I'm glad it went well for you. I had Dr. B keep me overnight because I live in Griffin, which is a 3 hour drive. He had no problem with it.

I am 14 days out and down 15 pounds...Yahoo! Tomorrow I am starting on purred food. I didn't have a food processor and my blender is so old, I think it is run by gerbil power...lol. Anyway, I bought a Ninja food processor from Walmart and it was a GOOD investment. It works like a charm. It really does what the infomercials say it will. It turns ice into snow, great to mix with all this liquid.

Just a little advise, no one told me to drink a lot of Gatorade my first week, they just said that I 'could' have some if I wanted it. Trust me, you need to drink it that first week or you will get weak as a kitten. I found out the hard way. By the fifth day, all I wanted to do was sleep and I felt real wimpy. Also, I found what I consider to be a very good Protein drink at Walmart (for the second week). It is Myoplex, comes in a 4 pack, has 25gms of Protein per bottle. It comes in 3 flavors, chocolate Cream, vanilla Cream and strawberry Cream. All three are delicious!

What is your first name so that I can introduce myself at the next support meeting.

Catch ya later,

Ethel

Good Luck Ftstomper!

Going into my 3rd week post op. I make a couple of suggestions to Happytrucker, maybe they will help. I am re-learning stuff all over again. A lot has changed since 7yrs ago.

Take care and keeping you in my prayers :)

Ethel

Anyone know what happened to Timbergirl? Did she have her surgery? Where are you?

Ethel

Happytrucker what town are you from ???

I live here in albany ga.

Going in on the 23rd. For my surgery ..

I am in Tifton. Good luck to ya on the 23rd. I am still happy with my decision even with this week of liquids...lol

HappyTrucker, congratulations and welcome BandSister...lol :)

I'm glad it went well for you. I had Dr. B keep me overnight because I live in Griffin, which is a 3 hour drive. He had no problem with it.

I am 14 days out and down 15 pounds...Yahoo! Tomorrow I am starting on purred food. I didn't have a food processor and my blender is so old, I think it is run by gerbil power...lol. Anyway, I bought a Ninja food processor from Walmart and it was a GOOD investment. It works like a charm. It really does what the infomercials say it will. It turns ice into snow, great to mix with all this liquid.

Just a little advise, no one told me to drink a lot of Gatorade my first week, they just said that I 'could' have some if I wanted it. Trust me, you need to drink it that first week or you will get weak as a kitten. I found out the hard way. By the fifth day, all I wanted to do was sleep and I felt real wimpy. Also, I found what I consider to be a very good Protein drink at Walmart (for the second week). It is Myoplex, comes in a 4 pack, has 25gms of Protein per bottle. It comes in 3 flavors, chocolate Cream, vanilla Cream and strawberry Cream. All three are delicious!

What is your first name so that I can introduce myself at the next support meeting.

Catch ya later,

Ethel[/QUOT

Congrats on the 15 lb loss. Thanks for all the tips. I have been sipping on Powerade zero and oh my dehydration is not the prob. Staying out of the bathroom is a chore. Also, SF Jello, SF popsicles, Swanson reduced sodium broth(kinda filling), herbal tea, Water, protein shots.. I go see Dr B on Thurs am hoping to move on to the next phase. Patty

Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how things go.

Ethel

Thanks Ethel I sure will. How are you feling today? I trying not to think about food or my hunger. lol

Patty

Hey Patty,

I am doing pretty good today. I am on the purred phase and boy am I glad :smile2:. For your sake I won't go into the details of food as I know you are hungry. Just keep telling yourself that it is only a couple of days until you can eat yogurt and drink Protein drinks. Did you test any Protein Drinks pre-op that you like? I am going to try the stuff that Dr. B is selling in his office. Erica says it tastes pretty good. Keep up the good work and maybe we'll meet soon.

Ethel

Thanks for the consideration but I had my post op appt today and have been progressed onto mushy. I have enjoyed my first taste of semi-solid food. It was a great appt I am down 20 lbs and my braces were removed today.

Yay!!!! I like the shake mix from GNC.

Glad to hear all is going well for ya.

Patty