Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

all right happytrucker lets see some befor and after pics ..

Alright Happy Trucker, Yahoo!

I am 3 weeks post op and have lost 25 pounds. Down to 215! At this rate I'll be at my goal in no time. I never reached it with my first banding 7 years ago. In fact I might have to get a new goal :thumbup:.

Everything seems so different this time around. And boy am I glad to get rid of the reflux! I have had an episode or two of indigestion, but that was bad food choices on my part. A little Malox and it took care of that. No more Nexium! That helps the pocketbook each month.

I am thinking about my first fill. I guess I'll shoot for the second week of May.

Gotta go, DH is home and we're going grocery shopping for my "soft food" week :)

Ethel

Hello everyone! Just checking in. I was banded March 12th as scheduled...and I lost 17lbs in the first 1.5 weeks. But after that I am at a stand-still...is this normal? Anyone else feeling the same way right about now?

Congrats to everyone on all the weightloss...I can't wait till my first fill...April 20th.

Hey BB's... I am still around. My classes are a little demanding right now and I am trying to balance everything out. Fitting everything into a schedule is kinda hard. Any time mgmt experts out there want to help me come up with doable routine. Email me, I really need some help. OK, now onto the udate, like Timbergurl I have been in a holding pattern no losses this week. My cycle came and OMG it was very painful, did this happen to anyone else? I was able to control my CHOCAHOLIC fever that comes with this totm, so that was an accomplishment.yay!

@FTSTOMPER I am working on the pic. The before will be easy but I think the after may take a minute or 2.

@ethelinga...Oh my, you are just doing it well. Congrats on the losing. Wow if you go the 2nd week in May, I am scheduled for Thurs the 13th. Maybe we'll meet up then.

@ Timbergurl...Don't worry, I believe this is the "norm". When we start to get the fills things will start to happen again. Just keep following the rules and this holding pattern that we are in will take off. I would have freaked out if I had not talked to Dr B's office. Call them if you need to discuss some specifics as they were very helpful and comforting to me. Keep up the good work. Congrats on being banded.

Hello Bagnato Bandits! I'm new to lapbandtalk.com and have just been reading through everything. I'm so encouraged by everyone's progress! I'm being banded on April 30th by Dr. Bagnato and I can't wait!! My dad was banded in Feb and has already lost 40lbs! I won't lose that quickly (he's always been a quick loser), but I can't wait to get this show on the road.

Quick question for everyone: Did you lose weight on the Sugar Busters diet? I've been on it for about a month now and have only lost .8lbs...that's right, less than a lb. I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or not.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello.

Hey Courtney! Welcome!

I think I only lost 1 or 2 lbs on the Sugar Busters. This diet is meant to shrink your liver more than it is to loose weight in the short period that we are on it.

I'll keep you in my prayers on the 30th. I'm sure you will breeze right through it.

If you need any help or support or just a smile :thumbup: , give me a shout.

Maybe we'll meet at the next support meeting.

Ethel

Hey Courtney....welcome, welcome, welcome. congrats on the surg date. I did not lose much on sugar buster's either. Just keep doing what's required and you will be well on your way. Maybe try posting a typical days meal and you may get more feedback.

Hey ethelinga..are you ready for that fill? I can hardly wait until May 12th. I had to change my appt date from Thurs to Weds. My weightloss has slowed and I am in the middle of BANDSTER HELL...ugh Holding on tight but ready for the fill.

ttyl Patty

hello .. I just had my sugery on the 10th of may . and doing real good so-far .. I was on my suger buster diet sence march 31st .. I lost 41 pounds in all befor my sugery .. They all at Dr. B's office was real happy that i have lost that much just on the diet .. But it was real easy for me .. I drive a truck for a liven and it is hard to diet but i set my mind to do it and i did it !! started at 478 pounds gotten down to 432 befor the sugery .making it 46 pounds total loss ..

Congrats on being banded...Welcome to the losing side....

hello everyone .. i am still doing great .. i had my surgery on 5-10-10 . and lost 23 pounds sence .. making the total loss . 64 pounds sence march 31 st.. yee aawww !!! I am still kinda eating my chickin broth ,and mus/milk ,and slimfast , i will fix a coffee cup about 3/4 full of ckickin-broth and add a pack of inst/grits in with it .. or oatmeal .. sounds BAD . BUT tastes good to me .. and that alone is one meal .. I started back to work last sunday . and made one trip to tx. and back .. But wound up with a bad cold . so took off the rest of the week . I am leaven today to try it again . I carrie my food with me i have a frig- in my semi truck just like a house does .. so keeping the right stuff with me is not hard to do .. I do get weak if i dont keep me Protein Drinks with me at all times .. THAT IS A MUST !!! keep a jar of JIFF creamy Peanut Butter close by .. make it last at least a week .. or more .. but it is a quik fix . when your weak .. (I STILL SAY YEE AWWW ON THE 64 POUNDS LOST )

Hi,All

l have been reading this Discussion Form for over a year now and this is the first time l have to post anything so l wanted to go to Dr.Bagnato Bandits page, l got banded a year ago on june 11,2009 and have lost 78lbs, l am so glad to have had the sugery and that l meet Dr.B and his staff, they are truely a GOD sent. You all will do fine and keep up the good work that you are doing for yourself, Thanks for your help when l was trying to make up my mind.

Hey Serita...

thanks for posting and congrats on the weightloss. Patty

Thanks Happytrucker280 l just want you all to know how much it helps reading what is going on with others and it lets you know you are not alone.l just wanted you all know l had a great Dr. and l think he is the best and it is nice to see his pts. can get together and talk about the problems we sometimes face. l am proud to be a Bagnato Bandit.

Hey guys I'm new here but this is the doctor I am thinking about using:) I was wondering if any of you guys have secure health plans of Georgia? also anyone from the macon area? I have been thinking about weight loss surgery since I was really young, I always said if I wasnt happy with my weight by 25 I would do surgery and I turn 24 next week:) I dont see the point of wasting any more time, even if I have to do self pay. How long did it take you guys to recover? I am an rn so I spend lots of time on my feet and I'm hoping I dont have to take too much time off

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just had my first appointment yesterday with Dr. Bagnato! I am so excited to get this ball rolling! I am waiting for insurance approval (Anthem BCBS). I have wanted to do this for a long time and hopefully it will happen soon!!! I love reading all the success stories and advice.