Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - Bagnato Bandits

hello !! i am still doing great . i have lost a total of 72 pounds .. and 32 since my surgery date of 5-10-10 .. i am proud of my self ..

Hi - I guess I'm a Bagnato Bandit too. He did my band on May 6, am down about 32 lbs including the pre-surgery.

Next fill is 22 July- hoping I won't get so hungry after the fill kicks in. Someone had fried chicken at work today and that kicked off my craving for fried chicken - my tuna just did not hit the spot, but I persevered - still no fried foods.

SOOOO Excited! I have been approved by my insurance and have my surgery date...September 23th. Post OP on September 7th!!!

Fantastic...It'll be here before you know it...

Wish I had used him. My insurance would not pay for him in 2008 when I had mine put in. Had mine removed last month. I'm lost without my band. I loved my band.

denim, are you going to have your band replaced? Why did you have yours removed?

I was banded in Oct. of 2007 and I have had a hard go of it. I initially lost 48 pounds, but have since gained back all but 15! I am so upset with myself. I have found myself to be very persistant and if there is a food I shouldnt eat, I find ways to eat it.

I have had issues and had to have all the Fluid taken out, in the past year I have had a lump removed from my breast and a rotator cuff surgery which has left me with very limited movement in the arm. I currently take PT for the arm, as the surgery was only 7 weeks ago.

But anyway, enough excuses. I have been going for months now to get my Fluid back in, and just yesterday, the fill I had is VERY noticeable. I have restriction and that is awesome.

I am going back to square one and following the rules like a "newborn".

Wish me well, as I wish you all well.

I would like to get this out as well. I think I have had a hard time letting go of some of the foods I eat. I never considered the emotional implications of lapband. I think those of you preparing for your lapband surgery should really take some time to consider how you may feel about letting go of some of the foods you eat, as well as eating habits. I am in no way recommending not having the surgery, I am happy with it, but please be aware of your committment.

Thanks for indulging me. :thumbup:

Update.. Now 16 months post op..down 77 pounds..Love-n it!!

I had my surgery on Friday, Nov 12th from Dr. Bagnato. The gas was so terrible. By Saturday afternoon I was better, but now I am dealing with the squirts! Help!

I had my surgery on Friday, Nov 12th from Dr. Bagnato. The gas was so terrible. By Saturday afternoon I was better, but now I am dealing with the squirts! Help!

It will get better. I squirted like that until I started on mushies. It will become semi normal again soon.

hello up-dating you all -- i have now lost a total of 93 pounds . 41 was from the diet started at march 31st.. then surgery at may 10th .. i'v lost a total of 93 pounds . yee aww ((( loven-it ))

Since several of you are updating, here are my stats!

Banded by Dr. Bagnato on Sept 23rd...as of yesterday I am down 48 lbs!

Best thing I have ever done!!!

I am a Bagnato Bandit too I guess. I was banded on Nov. 12th and have lost 15lbs. That includes the 2 wks of sugar busters where I lost 7lbs. I am really starting to want some food now. I am using good self control though and am proud of myself so far. If anyone has some good recipes to share for any of the stages that would be great.

Thanks for letting me share!

I'm a Bagnato Bandit too! I was banded on October 19th. Started Sugar Busters 3 weeks prior to surgery at 297, surgery day weight was 276 and this morning when I weighed, I was at 248. Yippee! I'm getting a little hungry now and I can't wait to have my first fill on Nov 30th. Dr. Bagnato and his staff are the best! :D