Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Las Vegas Blast 2006

DeLarla

I told ya'll that next year things are going to change a little, so the first thing we need is our own, unique and individual name. From now on, the annual event at my house will be known as the Vegas Blast. This idea came from a Vegas gal that has been lurking. She's off to get banded by Ortiz soon, and she referred to our party as the "Blast." She asked if she could join our bandster family, and I stole her idea for our new name. Jenna, she said she loves your posts! Michelle, send me a PM if I can give her your name and number for questions, but don't even think about stealing my new friend!

LAS VEGAS BLAST 2006 is tentatively scheduled for the last weekend in August. That's "tentatively" so please don't start making reservations. I'm planting the seed so you don't go making plans for anything else. Plan weddings and childbirth around the bash next year! I'm moving it to August so more people can enjoy a warmer cement pond.

In order to enjoy more pool time, food will be simplified by a "team" of chefs. I hate the idea of store bought food. I'll (TRY) to limit the food instead of trying to feed an army, but it's still going to be assembly line style. I'm thinking dinner salads and make-your-own mini pizza.

I've had requests to try something different than Buca. The reason I stick with Buca is because of the huge servings and the price. Where else could we get a 7 course meal for $13.00 each? Jenna suggested Claim Jumper, which is an excellent choice, but reservations get very tricky, and there isn't a central Claim Jumper. The bigger problem is making a solid reservation. I'm friends with the event coordinator at Buca, so she always lets me slide with last minute changes. That's how we got the bigger table at the last minute (I called her.)

Jay (our friend) showed up at the last minute due to an emergency. Several people that were supposed to show didn't at the last minute. There's simply no way to make a solid reservation, which is why we'll take votes as the time nears. It's either Buca (centrally located) or I'll have to ask someone else to coordinate the dinner.< /p>

And since so many women were excited about Slumber Parties, I will do my demo before the Blast starts. Anyone (females over 18 only) that wants to come to the Slumber Party has to be at my house by 11:00 a.m., then the Blast will start at 1:00 p.m.

Clothing exchange is a must! Everything will be kept packed and sealed in boxes. We'll all pitch in to move boxes into the bedroom at the same time and then organize piles of pants, blouses, skirts, etc. We'll pick a number to see who goes first, then everyone can have a fair shot. I'll have a prize for the sexiest underwear since I got to see so many near-naked people. But someone better bring me a prize because I plan to win that contest.

My Name Game will be an annual event. Whoever made the suggestion to go around the table gets a gold star! We'll have better guidelines next year so we aren't accused of cheating!

I know it's early, but I want this thing figured out to a science. I simply can't wait.

Love,

THE LAS VEGAS BLAST HEADQUARTERS

Sounds like a weiner and I made this post a STICKY as well.

Sounds great to me..

Whatever you decide to do is finewith me, my mother always told me at Holidays and Big Family events, it's not about what you eat but the company you are with that matters..

Is it August 2006 yet? :ermm

I thought Buca was perefectly located & now so many of us know where it is. Sign me up for the assembly line on kitchen duty. I think I'll stay even longer next year. It all went to fast for me!

For those of us who didn't get to go... what's the name game??

I'll sign up for food duty too... or maybe drink duty, haha. (I did work in a coffee shop once... not quite the same as a bar, but it's close, lol)

Now where's my time machine...?

The name game: I put a sticker on your back of a famous name (could be a cartoon, an actor, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, any famous name.)

We sit in a circle, and each person gets to ask one "yes or no" question. Then you guess who you are:

1. Am I a man?

2. Am I an Actor?

3. Am I dead?

I tried it with an attorney at work and gave him the easiest - John Wayne. Took him 17 questions. Vines answered Cleopatra in 3 questions. She's brilliant!

Count me in, I can't wait. I would have been there this year but I am off to Disney in 16 days and couldn't swing the $$$ for both trips. And I plan on having loads of clothes to bring for the exchange as I am going for my first fill today and I am workin' this band~Mandy

Well, I am the girl who gave us the new name... and I am in... Just got back from Mexico equiped with my brand new band!!! Go me!! Lisa... Let me know if there is anything I can do.... I don't know how to cook but I will volunteer my DH to do anything whatsoever you want!!! (He loves to cook so he always gets stuck preparing everything for my parties and gettogethers)

Not that I want to volunteer Lisa for anything but I have a question..... why can't it be a Bi-Annual Bash? (meaning 2 times a year) Once in the summer and once in the winter months? I know I know, I just wanna go backkkkkkkkkkk!

I vote for a Winter Bash. Somewhere, anywhere!

I love the idea of 2 bashes a year..a winter and a summer...

Lets get the ball rolling on this one. How about in Jan or Feb after the Holidays?

LOL, are we just going to converge on Lisa's house without telling her? Hmmmmmm, a surprise party for Lisa at her own house!!! That would be fun! Shhhhhhh, no one tell her we are planning........

How about this weekend? I'll pretend I don't know.

Infaith, you don't have to have a Band. Anywhere in the pre-during-post stage will do!