Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Celebrate !!!!!

That's awesome! :bored: No wonder I could never hula hoop -- I'm hopelessly pear-shaped. :glare:

Julie, I love it -- an underwear revolution! :thumbup: It is good to Celebrate all our victories, not just the numbers on the scale.:laugh: That's often what keeps me going lately since my weight loss is pretty much at a standstill now.

Congrats! And keep on coming back with more! :thumbup:

I'm finally in a size 8!!! :eek: That was my "size" goal. From a 20/22 to an 8 feels great!!! :tongue2:

I haven't given up, even though my successes have depressed the heck out of me:-(

I am still getting fills and waiting for the drops to start again.

That's great that you haven't given up, bkmom! That in itself is huge! :eek: So let's Celebrate that and take it one day -- or one hour -- at a time. :P

And don't forget to look for those non-scale victories: compliments from people, changes in ring size, watch size, shoe size, underwear size, jean size, having to move the car seat closer, being able to paint your own toenails, being able to *see* your toenails, not having to turn sideways in the hallway when someone else is coming... smaller things that we might not think about when we're frustrated because the scale isn't moving down. Everyone has these NSVs -- we just have to stop and think about them!

So who else has something to share? :tongue2:

As of today, I have been banded for a whole year and I have to say it has been probably the best year of my life!!! I am down 80lbs and have gone from a snug 28W to a comfortable 18W. I am completely off my cholesterol and diabetes meds and have lowered my BP meds from 20mg to 5 mg. I am able to walk for hours without pain or becoming so tired that I have to rest. I no longer have to come home from work and take a nap. My house has never been cleaner and my laundry is always caught up. :smile:

I went to several graduation parties this past weekend and saw people that I haven't seen since before or shortly after my surgery. It was a fabulous feeling seeing the looks on people's faces when they realized who I was!!! I feel more confident about myself than I ever have. I actually bought myself a mid-thigh/black plaid wool skirt, black tights, a black sweater, and a pair of black leather/knee-high boots to wear to an annual Christmas party that I go to every year. I can't wait to walk into the room wearing my "dream" outfit!:thumbup: I know to a "normal-sized" person, this outfit might sound silly, but I AM SOOOO GONNA ROCK IT!!!

That is SO awesome, sweetbean! :tt2:

I wish I could say my house is cleaner and my laundry all caught up. :smile:

You are going to rock that outfit! But if you're waiting until Christmas, you're probably going to have to buy the outfit in a smaller size or get it tailored by then, the way you're going! :thumbup:

I'm so excited for you, SweetBean - wear that 'Rockin' outfit now, if you have an occassion for it! I'm sure you'll look HOT!

Hang in there, BKMom - Like SpideyMom said, Celebrate the NSV's - you've made a choice and are on the path to an overall healthier lifestyle - that is a HUGE accomplishment to be proud of!!!

And Ann - congrats on the size 8 :(

I think I was size 8 at birth (my Mom told me I was the largest baby in the nursery at the time :() I'm currently in a size 12, which I never thought I would fit in again, and I'm hoping for a 9/10 - that would be heaven for me!

My NSV this past week was on our family vacation to the beach - I was boogie boarding and body surfing with my young boys, making sand castles, and I went for a 25 minute run barefoot on the beach at sunset. I felt so light and full of energy - what a HUGE difference from last summer! And I was down 2 lbs when I got home - I LOVE THE BAND!!!!

Thanks SpideyMom & Mamadot for the congrats!

I leave next Friday evening for a week long vacation with my family to Nags Head, NC. I am sooooo looking forward to getting up with the sun and talking a nice long walk on the beach every day. :( I am even looking forward to wearing this really cute swim dress I bought out in public. :(

Mamadot~ I hope that when I return from my vacation, I, too, am a couple of pounds down!

I had several NSV over the Memorial Day weekend.. I flew up to MD to visit friends. For the first time in I can't remember HOW many years.. I did not need a seatbelt extender... AND... I was able to use the bathroom on the plane.... I truly can't remember how many years it has been since I could do that... I was so excited when I got the seatbelt buckled I actually did a little jig in my seat... and it was a VERY full flight and there were lots of people in the aisle.. needless to say, I got a few strange looks.. LOL

In a short three months went from a 20/22 with elastic band to a 16/18 button band that actually slips over my hips without being unbuttoned.

Now that's what I'm talking about! This is awesome, everybody! :unsure::biggrin::thumbup::biggrin::thumbup::biggrin::thumbup::biggrin: Way to go!

Let's hear from even more people!!!! :thumbup: I know you're out there having NSVs and just keeping them from us..... :thumbup:

I made an amazing discovery the other day. I can sit flat on the floor and get up without any assistance. Before I would never get on the floor or would make sure there was a sturdy piece of furniture to pull up on. Now I don't need it. Yea. It is also easier for me to walk up the stairs in my home. Still not effortless, but much easier.