Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rant "Teenagers Can't eat a whole one"

:):cursing::mad2::cursing:

I swear to (insert your deity here) today if I could get my hands on my Daughter's biological Father I would punch him dead in the face for helping me get pregnant. :confused: I love my Daughter more than my life, but it's one of those days where I find myself thinking " Did I lose my flipping mind by having kids?" Seriously I'm considering having a two year old melt down in front of her Junior High graduation tonight just so she gets a taste of humility. LMAO that thought makes me giggle inside just a little...

My hat off to all who live or deal with teenagers on a daily basis, we all need a hug or clubbed like a baby seal on days like this... To all you teens who are oh so much smarter than your keepers (ha) Watch it, we have forks and we can be mighty hungry bandsters lol....

Now where is that straight jacket smilie I need one :thumbup:

I dont know what exactly happened, lol, but I'm sure I've been through it too.

I've got one morose 14 year old boy who's getting HUGE, and wants to do nothing other than lie around unshowered, stuffing his face with junk food and playing PS3. I dont buy the junk food but I cop the verbal abuse for it. He grunts at you if you speak to him and there's a horrible smell that surrounds him. He also wont get a haircut, but goes to a private school with a strict uniform policy, he leave his uniform on the floor and goes in crumpled pants and blazer.

The 11 year old is the complete opposite, totally and utterly a fashion victim (though a boy) and uses more hair product than I've ever seen, spends his pocket money on hair colour, drives me mad wanting clothes clothes clothes, is completely seduced by money and stuff and does nothing but criticise what crap parents we are for not being stinking ritch and being able to have the latest car, the best house etc. He is gong to be TROUBLE that one, he'll be the drinker, the drug experimenter, the nightclubber. He thinks my one role in life is to drive him around to his social engagements and that he ought to be allowed to be riding his bike wherever after dark with no responsibility to come home.

Then I have a six year old girl. She's utterly adorable. Gorgeous. Such a pleasure. But I'm under no illusions that that will continue, lol. Give it five years. Argh.

Doug and I often think of the life we'd have - read, how freaking rich we'd be - if we didnt have kids, lol.

I sympathize with you. I have a 15 year old daughter and a (next month) 12 year old son. I truly think that boys are way easier. My daughter dies her hair red, this was a compromise, I said no to black. She wears skinny jeans, high top Chuck Taylors in weird patterns and colors and punk/goth band t-shirts. She actually had the nerve to tell me a while back that I have no fashion sense!! Some days I prefer my dachshunds!:redface:

Edited by lose2regainme

What do you mean "some days"?. I prefer my cat everyday! I have a wonderful rewarding relationship with her!

ps: I said no to black to for Ewan. We compromised on dark brown. Given that he has totally white blonde eyebrows, it looks um, questionable to say the least. But he's happy. And skinny jeans! Its not just girls. I'm afraid he's actually damaging bits of him that are meant to grow.

I don't know what sparked this rant, but I was there 20 years ago.

Had to have those British Knights shoes at $80 with his B-day $. I was a single parent, we were poor. I had never spent more than $30 for a pair of shoes on myself and my feet had stopped growing! That $ could have been a new school ward robe.

Now, I teach high school. I have 120+ kids. Some are wonderful individuals, many are a challenge, but I only see them an hour a day. I often count my blessings they aren't mine. With what's going on today, I pity you parents with teens.

But keep your chin up, today I'm so proud of my son, he's 35. He came out OK, even though he still has expensive tastes, but its his problem now. :redface:

Oh, after I graduate this year, I'm teaching the little kids. I dont want to teach past about grade 3, lol.

I completely feel your pain. I'm a single mother of 3 teenagers. It feels like a fate worse than death some days. My 14 yr old soon is particiularly moody right now. I love them all dearly but there are days I know I must be being punished for whatever terrible things I did to my own mother. LOL. There's nothing like being the lone adult in a house full of raging hormones to make you appreciate your own mom.

You folks are the best... I knew that there would be some of you out in the forum which could relate.. There is not just one thing she had done yesterday, it was a cumulative of about a week and I just had enough. Well, I think sitting for 45 minutes in the hot car only to find out she got on the damn bus instead kinda made me testy :redface: which pushed me over the edge lol... The bus driver dropped her off at the nearest fire station and said I'll pray for you kid and hope to see you on your last day of school :) They are so frustrating at this age yet so amazing in all kinds of ways. Well, I didn't throw the two year old fit.. She received MVP for the year in Basketball last night, therefore this Mom lost her thunder quite a bit.

Oh the materialistic one in my family is only nine so yeah in a few years I'll probable burn this forum up with my rants on the boy lol... I already have issues with him not understanding that I have one income and well he is to young to comprehend that reality of course..

Jack you made me laugh so hard ty :)

Thank you all so much and much love to you all

Heather

My daughter is now almost 23yrs old and getting ready for med school. but there was a time when she was in jr high that I couldn't handle her attitude anymore and told her she was going to have to go live with her dad. She didn't, but I had had enough. She is my life and through all the ups and downs in our relationship I would give my life to save hers.

Good luck and as they say "this too shall pass".

Joanie :redface:)

Edited by slowmover54
forgot something

Oh, after I graduate this year, I'm teaching the little kids. I dont want to teach past about grade 3, lol.

You know when they are that young they have all these body Fluid issues...its a whole different set of problems...Well lets say they leak all over the place:drool:.

lol...congrats and good luck

OMG -- it's so funny to find this thread! Maybe it's because it's the end of the school year???

I"ve got an 18 yr old son who's just flunked out of his 1st year of COMMUNITY COLLEGE, lost his job and wrecked his car! I can't even BEGIN to tell you all the drama that has surrounded him in the last month!! I wouldn't even know where to start! ...but let's just say that I've taken extreme measures to straighten that boy out and pray every day that it takes.

....and NOW my 15 year old daughter has become nothing but a heap of tears, rants and DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA all the time. She's like in a perpetual state of PMS 24/7/365!! Between the two of them I seriously want to just go find a little hut somewhere in the mountains and live off the land. I won't tell a living soul where I've gone.

My work partner is going through very much the same thing and every morning we come in with our stories. Our recurring theme for the last couple of weeks has been

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING???:biggrin:

....and... do you think it would be a bad thing to give my children my best advice, which is "Don't have kids!!!" ??

:biggrin::cursing::thumbup::cursing:

I swear to (insert your deity here) today if I could get my hands on my Daughter's biological Father I would punch him dead in the face for helping me get pregnant. :biggrin: I love my Daughter more than my life, but it's one of those days where I find myself thinking " Did I lose my flipping mind by having kids?" Seriously I'm considering having a two year old melt down in front of her Junior High graduation tonight just so she gets a taste of humility. LMAO that thought makes me giggle inside just a little...

My hat off to all who live or deal with teenagers on a daily basis, we all need a hug or clubbed like a baby seal on days like this... To all you teens who are oh so much smarter than your keepers (ha) Watch it, we have forks and we can be mighty hungry bandsters lol....

Now where is that straight jacket smilie I need one :eek:

Omg, I LOVE IT! Especially the part about the meltdown in front of her friends. Embarass the crap outta them, those teens of ours!

Granted, mine is now 22 and has a baby of her own, and when she tells me about the fact that this nearly one-year-old has a temper, I just laugh. In her face. I say that the biggest benefit of motherhood is the day when we watch OUR kids dealing with THEIR kids. Then they get it. :tt1:

....and... do you think it would be a bad thing to give my children my best advice, which is "Don't have kids!!!" ??

ha - that made me laugh; my mom said that to my oldest brother .... he has 5.

she told me she hopes i have 10 just LIKE me ... i have none.

being an aunt is great - i can always send them home!