Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my Realize Band!

Well, the first week sucked, but I'm pretty much back to normal now. The only issue I am still having is some soreness at the port site, but nothing major. I'm still healing. I am enjoying the perks of being banded. Clothes that were too tight weeks ago, now fit and after 2 years of having fingers that were too fat to wear it, my engagement and wedding ring fit this morning!!!!!!! I may need a little lotion to get it off :), but it feels so good to wear it. I just joined the forum today, but I've been looking around here for a couple of days and think this forum is great and informative. Best of luck to you all!

-lmnlineman

Welcome and good luck on your journey, lots of helpful info and people on this site.

Received Realize Band on June 1. So it's now Wednesday and all is good. Fluids going down, little sore but hey what can you expect when someone has been poking around inside. No pain meds. Throat is a little sore from intubation, but absolutely no inflation/expansion gas pains

Good luck to all

trisha

Congrats I got the realize band 12/22 and I'm doing great I didn't have any problems either. I'm down 63 lbs and feeling great I think u will love ur band I love mine I think it's the best thing I could of done for myself. Good luck and congrats on ur weight loss.

Going into this I was a little nervous because my facility doesn't do a lot of banding to begin with and then to find out they had switched to the Realize band, I was feeling a litle guinea piggish, but after realizing the chief of surgery and my surgeon would both be in the op room, that alleviated some fears and you just have to trust your doctor and your own instincts. My daughter has the Allergan band so don't know if we can compare ourselves. Hard to compare a 30-something with a 50-something. I don't expect the same results but I also don't have as much to lose, but at least she's my go-to person for any issues. But it's only three days and I'm following dr's orders to a T, which he's much more conservative on when you can start mushy foods than most. But right now it's not a problem. liquid are okay and I can have some Soup later.

Thanks and glad to hear you're happy with yours and your weight loss has been fabulous!

Trisha

I had the realize band placed on May 27th and I am doing fine, my port site is a lil sensitive other than that I am fine. I feel like you, today I tried on pants that were too tight before and a shirt that i couldn't fit and it was loose, and my wedding rings are sliding off, I am going to have to buy ring guards until I get down to my goal weight and then get them sized.

Hope you are doing well.

Good luck on your journey, we are in this together.

I just got my Realize Band yesterday (6/8/09). So far, the most difficult part was waking up after the surgery. I had a lot of gas pain and nausea. My best friend and husband went with me. We had to be at the surgery facility an hour early (for me) b/c my bf is going to get banded also and she was completing her surgeon consult, nutrition class, and psych eval while I was having my suregry. We then had a 2.5 hour car ride home (Cincinnati, OH to Newark, Oh).

Once I got home, I took more meds and went straight to bed. I was up and down all night. Not because of pain or nausea, but b/c I had slept all evening. I have had 2 sf popsicles and some apple juice. I feel really good now... just a bit of a headache. I am sooooo looking forward to a shower this afternoon! :thumbup:

Banded on June 1, last week. So far everything is wonderful. My surgeon hasn't done many bands, but lots of bypasses. So I was a little nervous about that. But he did something that a lot of drs don't do. He sucks most of the expansion gas back out. So I had no gas pains at all. Had an endoscopy today to make sure everything was flowing through with no problems. I good for about a half of cup of whatever it is I'm eating/drinking. So a loss of 10 pounds in a little over a week. Only think sore is still the incision for the port. All the others, if I didn't know they were there, I wouldn't.

Will get first fill on July 7, can start exercising again now (exercise bike) and now can have cottage cheese and eggs. So all is good so far. I know things are probably still swollen inside, but if this is even an 50 percent inkling of the future, absolutely no regrets.

Trisha

Congrats I got the realize band 12/22 and I'm doing great I didn't have any problems either. I'm down 63 lbs and feeling great I think u will love ur band I love mine I think it's the best thing I could of done for myself. Good luck and congrats on ur weight loss.

Jaynell,

I am encourged by your comments. What's the difference between the Relize Band and other? My name is Dee Dee from the ATL and I am scheduled to be banded on July 7. I need some advice and would to communicate with you because of your success.

I was banded July 13th with Realize. So I'm 4 days out. I'm freaking starving. But I hope this too shall pass!

I was banded july 13 as well. its been a long long week. much harder that pre- op

amen sista!!!!! I want mushies sooooooooooooo much!

amen sista!!!!! I want mushies sooooooooooooo much!

ruth how do u get all that cool stuff? i dont even know how to get my pic to show,.. n-e-way. I cheated today. i had about 1/2 c cottage cheese. it scared me to death afterwards. i was worried about a slippage and trust me. it was not,..... not... worth it. DONT rush it. i know its hard,.. trust me,... i know,.. but dont rush it.... ( as we all know having food too soon can cause a slippage, and after all this hard work we dont want that)

what cool stuff? hahahahahaha I'm glad I have cool stuff, but what so I can enjoy too! :0) You know there are a lot of people out there who criticize everything people say and what they eat. You know your body. My husband, who is an anesthetist, says they digest differently, but I agree with you. People on here are eating at different rates, so just listen to your body. No, I don't think cottage cheese will hurt! You go girl!