Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mayo Banditos / Friday Weigh In !!!!

well, Im still around. I have had a lot of struggles with gaining 10-15 pounds. I havent been running over the summer due to the extream heat in Phoenix. So, I have lost a lot of muscle. I got a fill recently aand pretty much can only eat strained Soup and ice cream. Doesnt make for a great diet but I cant afford to go back right now and I know I can make it work if I try. Most of you know ive been battling with my now 5 year old who was diagnosed with Leukemia 12 months ago. she is still in treatments for another 1 1/2 years but is doing extreamly well. I just need to go back and focus on myself and how good it felt to have those pounds off me. I miss talking to you all. Keep in touch.

Denverlee

It's great to see all of you back on this site, Gaye, Ann, Rebecca, and Denverlee! Denverlee, I think of you and your daughter often, and I'm so happy to hear you say that she is doing well. I'm happy for you that you seem to be at a point that you can focus some attention on yourself - you deserve it! All of us have had some challenges over the past 2 1/2 years, but look at us - were still working towards our goals and keeping the bulk of our weight off. I attended a support group meeting last night that was focused on the challenges of maintenance and keeping the weight off. I put about 14 lbs on throughout the last Christmas holiday season into spring due to poor food choices and waning exercise routine. I finally took it off by setting a goal to complete a sprint triathlon with a group of local women, which made me exercise regulalry rotating between jogging, bicycling, and swimming. My food choices naturally became healthier once I established the exercise routine. My whole body leaned down, and while I'm not at my 'ultimate' goal, I am back to maintaining my original 100lb weight loss. The sprint triathlon (400 meter swim, 10 mile bike, 5k (3.1 mile) run) was 2 weeks ago, and I completed it without walking and without coming in last. I was ecstatic :D (still am). Now my challenge will be to maintain an adequate level of exercise and healthy food choices throughout the fall and winter months, with no major race or goal (other than maintenance) to focus on. Keeping in touch with this wonderful group, as well as continuing to attend my local support group meetings will definitely help!

Best of luck and continued success to all of us :)

Jennie

P.S. - I'm going to start a new thread called 'Maintenance Support', as this thread is so long! Come meet me there...

Hi Guys - hope this finds you all well. We have been very busy with work and our Boys. Thank god my youngest is out of the marines after 4 yrs and is now looking for work. My oldest just got married last week and they are now in Spain.

I have been maintaining @214-216. Feeling good. Once in a while I still have a hard time with red meat. Still eating very slow. Meals take 30 min to consume.

Will check in more often.

John

So Glad everyone is coming back around! seems we have all been through the rafters this past year!

I had my hip replaced in October 2010, Have not had a fill since ummmm... last may? (I know really bad)

Was diagnosed with adult ADHD, And since being on the meds have lost 17lbs which should be awesome, but it's not as after my THR I lost 30 and gained most of it back.

I was thinking of all of you the other day, this place is like a ghost town!!!!

Glad to see you all back

It is so great to see you all on here again! Everyone is doing so well, despite the challenges we all have been through. Denverlee, I am so happy to hear that your daughter is doing well. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.

Jennie, fab job on the triathlon! I need to up my exercise too, but I doubt I'll be doing anything like that soon! I love my tae kwon do classes, and I start with a new personal trainer next week. I need to get back to walking, too.

John!! I am so happy to see you and hear how well you are doing. That is fantastic that you are doing so well with maintenance. You gave me a good reminder that I need to slow down when I eat. That, and not drinking with the meal, are simple things I need to get back to doing.

And Sarah, I am so sorry for all you have had to endure! Keep coming around, we enjoy hearing from you.

I have had three surgeries in the last year, and I have two more to go through in the next 6 months. With each surgery, I have gained a few pounds, and that really depresses me. Maybe coming back here to talk with you all will help. Any maintenance tips you all have, please share!

Hang in there, and keep coming back! :D

Hello Again Everyone,

Jennie set up a new place for us called "Maintenance Support". You can get to it by going to the bottom of this page and clicking :

<LI class=next>Maintenance Support

This is great motivation to be talking with many of you again. Gaye

wow its so good to see evryone coming back and checking in. You all have helped me get to my goal now I just need help maintaining my goal weight.

Ann thankyou for your continued prayers for my daughter it means a lot.

Im very sorry to hear that some are struggling with wieght or health. I pray that we stick together and be there as we were at the start of this journey. keep up the strength to always fight on. just because we lost the weight doesnt mean the battle is over. just keep moving forward!

till next time... Take care all

Denverlee

Denverlee I am blown away by your courage. Thank God your child is doing well. When my son was 13 and again at 14, he ended up on the Oncology unit at Childrens Hospital in Orange CA with Leukopenia. His white count finally came back up and nothing ever resulted from it but I was scared to death. He saw an Oncologist for several years. We were so lucky.

I just celebrated my 60th. My dear husband surprised me with an amazing party which included friends and family from all over the place. Since I have also had some health issues it was very uplifting. I have recently been diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome. At first they thought is was Sjogren's and Lupus. At lest the Lupus has been ruled out. I also have osteoperosis. Welcome to 60. Sorry I can't spell this medical stuff. This is not a threat to my life at all, just annoying. Things can always be worse.

I have had to much fun recently and have gained about five lbs back. I need to get real again.

I'm so glad you are all still here for support. I will check out the other thread.

You all amaze me.

I'm coming back too. I need accountability, I need to plug in to focus on making the best use of my band, I need to give and get support, I need to find my motivation again.

I am up right now from where I was last year. I was in the 180s, had passed the 100-pound-loss mark and was happy as a lark.

In January, I traveled out of the country on business and had an incident that would not resolve (I don't know if it was being stuck, seems like it was something more! I could not keep any food or liquid down and I could not lie down or sleep.) I had to get emergency treatment and they took all Fluid out of my band.

My surgeon told me to let things heal for a month or so. It turned into 3 and 4 months. I thought I was doing well maintaining (and I WAS at first) and then things went nuts at work and stress levels through the roof and I started gaining.

I'm at 205 now, from my low of 177 (I was only at 177 for about 3 minutes, mostly I was hovering around 185).

It stops NOW.

I did go back into my surgeon to start getting fills but they cannot get me past 1cc. My esophagus is stretched and twisted. I have to take some blame for this.

So, I'm on a regimen of very small amounts of food multiple times a day and will go back in 2 months to see if things are back to normal so I can get more Fluid in my band.

I'm scared and panicking - I cannot let myself re-gain more weight! I have to get back below 200 quickly for my own sanity.

So here I am and I will become active again and hopefully I can help others and others can help me. I want to get back to the normal I enjoyed in 2009 and 2010.

I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and I am up 40 pounds from my lowest weight. I need help and support to get back on track. Hoping the Friday weigh ins will keep me accountable!!