Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jon and Kate + 8

It was so sad watching the 5th season premiere last night. I have really enjoyed the series so far, but last night was sad. I always thought that Kate was a bit bossy and harsh to Jon, but sort of thought it was just the way the show was edited. They talked about it just being their way of communicating. I am sure the tabloids are not 100% accurate, but it breaks my heart to think of what they are going through. I feel so sorry for the kids.

What does everyone else think? Is it time for them to quit the show, get regular jobs and seek marriage counseling? Maybe just a yearly special update?

I think Kate spends most of the year travelling, "for the show and her fans". I think the show and the fame is more important to her then the family.

They are doomed. I can't believe he would stay with her, except for the fact that she is never really actually there unless they are taping the show.

To me he looked like he was just beaten down. I am not saying what he is "accused" of is right by no means. I just don't think he feels like he is much of a man due to her constant belittling of him.

I think she feels so superior to him and damn sure lets him know it!

I really don't think the marriage is going to make it nor do they seem like they really care.

she is just plain emasculating. not that she deserves to be cheated on - but i can totally see why if he "did".

he appears checked out & she should start to figure out a way to raise kids w/out a camera in front of their faces. i just think it's wrong to use children for a buck like this. course my opinion only.

I watched and I too thought it was sad. I think ppl can be very harsh as far as kate is concerned. I mean I only have two kids and when they get going life can be hectic and stressful... Imagine having 8 little ones, I think you too would be short tempered with any one who can't keep up or move fast enough etc... I also think Jon and Kate made a joint decision that she would promote her books and support the family. I also think that Kate realizes they won't be always have the show etc, and eventually ppl will lose interrest in the family, so honestly she is trying to make enough money now to support her 8 children in the future... we're talking 8 college tuitions, 8 weddings, 8 mouths to feed and clothe. I know ppl say they should quit the show and focus on their family, but they are contractually obligated for one more season. I think it is a very sad situation, and I hope somehow the marriage can survive, I hate hearing of any marriage that dissolves. as far as one person pushing someone to cheat... I think we are all responsible for our own actions... if he decided to unzip his pants, I can assure you it was him or his mistress doing the pulling, not Kate. (if in fact he did cheat). And one more thing... any person who is in the spotlight and gets caught with another person is totally stupid. Obviously if you are followed with a camera crew chances are you'll get caught... what a dumb ass he was!!

sad, sad, sad!

I didnt watch for a long time because I cant believe how cold Kate is but I do love those kids and think they so cute.

As a mom I know that you have to take control if you want anything to get done but I always appreciate my husband and all he does for us. It just seems that Kate is always controlling and never appreciative but I dont know that for sure.

I didn't watch this show, but I've seen most of the past episodes. I believe she is a bit cold and harsh, to everyone. Yes, she does have her moments of compassion and affection, but she barely let those children be children. She would have a melt down if they got ice cream on their shirts! I'm sorry, but that's what toddlers do when you give them ice cream in the summer, where else did she think it was going to go?

Does anyone think that the majority of this, I mean the timing of it all, right before the premiere of the new season? I'm sure it's not all just publicity, but I'm sure some of it.

I adore those kids and I think they need to be able to be children without a camera in front of them for their whole childhood. I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed watching the show, but they deserve a real life, not one that has been edited for television.

I don't watch the show. I have seen clips and have heard the latest on them. Even seen (actually kinda listened) them on the Today show the other day. I think it was the Today show. Any way my personnel opinion is if you want a divorce do a family reality show. It seems that when families do reality shows they end up divorced. With the exception of the Osborns. Lets face it with them Ozzy and the kids were so high most of the time they didn't really care. 15_1_109.gif:thumbup:

Did anyone else find it just a little, well, convenient, that this story broke just in time for the new series premiere?

Seems a little fortuitous to me.

Well, it could be convenient timing? I know, that I find the show very boring.

Why does she have to stay on the road so much? I can see if they are under contract to do the show for one more season, then that's what they have to do.

It would seem if she really wanted to save her marriage, she would give all the rest of it up. I guess I don't know enough about it, but it's really sad for the kids.

I have watched the show from day 1 and it has changed DRAMATICALLY!!!! When it first came on it was very much " a day in the life of the gosselin's" Now it is more like they always have some place to visit or venue to make an appearance at and that just isnt right....

I feel sorry for the kids, Sorry for John that he never had the balls to stand up to her in the first place but since early on (for those of you who watch) the majority of xtras are all TLC peole- Their extended families REFUSED to be part of the taping (henceforth never any gma-gpa action) or help...

I Hope the rumors of infidelity are not true but like most they were stung by the spot light and temptations that I think Hollywood brings....

If they were smart and really in it for the kids they would stop taping and try to pick up where they left off... without the world watching...