Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sticking together

johnsonsnickers good luck tommorrow you will be just fine.

i am 13 days out and am so happy i did this. first few days some pain, but after you will be so happy.

I know others have gone on cruises from this board. And I believe there are diet cruises, where the food offered is healthier than normal cruise food. I think it would be fun! :thumbup:

Agreed. We rock. Thanks to all for the support and honest talk. I think some people got nasty on that thread because we are anonymous and because our worst fears are displayed in other peoples posts. No excuse for it though...my job is to cheer you all on and if you ASK for a bitch slap, (like I know sometimes I will need someone to say hey get back on track!) well, that's different! LOL!

As the official "honorary mayo bandito" I'd consider it a privilege to get to meet all you wonderful folks.

And I've never done a cruise, so that would be awesome fun!

I went on my first cruise right before I got banded and here's why I didnt gain weight or overeat...it actually made me very sad and a little bit sick to see all these obese people just loading up their plates with their obese kids doing the same. I hoped I was on my way to something different and now I'm sure I am. The cruise was a blast though and I didnt even bring back swine flu!!!

A cruise sounds awesome, but then again so did the margarita!!

I have to share I just got home from my 1 week post op visit. Got my steri-strips off, Healed amazingly, the doc was impressed, I CAN FINALLY HAVE THE APPLESAUCE I'VE BEEN CRAVING!!!!! officially on Mushies, and as for the scrambled egg I so desperatly crave, I can have it on wednesday. Sooo 14lb down so far!!!! I'm just amazed, and I give you guys a lot of credit for helping me, even told my surgeon that, and he was not surprised at all... SO THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! US mayo BANDITO'S ARE A TEAM!!! AND AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

That's awesome news Sarah! I can't wait to have a scrambled egg too! lol

Oh, scrambled egg tasted sooo good when I had it! I just started "real" food last night, and I went to KFC for their new grilled chicken. Oh, I was so disappointed!! It didn't look anything like it looks on TV, and it still has the skin on! I thought it was skinless. So, I had to take all the yummy seasoning off, and all that was left was a plain chicken breast. Ho hum. So, word to the wise... don't bother with that once you get to the real food stage. :)

Oh, scrambled egg tasted sooo good when I had it! I just started "real" food last night, and I went to KFC for their new grilled chicken. Oh, I was so disappointed!! It didn't look anything like it looks on TV, and it still has the skin on! I thought it was skinless. So, I had to take all the yummy seasoning off, and all that was left was a plain chicken breast. Ho hum. So, word to the wise... don't bother with that once you get to the real food stage. :)

I had it the day oprah gave it away for free, my whole office went, I wasn't impressed with it either.... But I'm just worrying about the egg first not the chicken lol!!!! My goal is to go back to vegetarianism... I was a vegan when I was a teenager and I was in the best shape then, but then when I was pregnant with my son that went out the window when all I craved was meatballs... and eventually I turned into one!!!

Edited by sarahbellzz14-4

But I'm just worrying about the egg first not the chicken lol!!!!

You're too funny! :)

Every vegan I've known is in good shape. Not necessarily the same for vegetarians, though. I know -- I used to be one. lol I actually gained weight during the two years I was vegetarian. My goal now is just to follow my doctor's low-carb, low-fat diet and get healthy!

I can do it, it's just hard when your the only one in the house doing it. At least back then Everyone just left my *nasty sh*t- as they called it* alone. And I hung out with all vegans. BUT I've got the hubs dieting with me and get this- My son metabolically only absorbs 2% of the fat he eats, so he's on a reverse diet. So he's a little skeleten. So it's skim milk for me and whole milk for him and when he asks for another plate of food I give it to him.

Yeah, talk about sticking together! It's much easier when the rest of the family is eating the same as you. My dh is still bringing junk into the house, though I asked him not to. He's got ice cream and cupcakes and Cookies everywhere! Thankfully, I'm very firm in my resolve to not eat any white sugar. And hopefully, once he sees me lose a lot of weight, he'll change his habits also. Fingers crossed!

I made a soymilk stawberry/banana/blueberry smoothie this morning and gave him a glass and didn't tell him until he was done that what he just drank was 100% vegan & healthy.

He too Likes his Ice cream, Potato chips, Junk- Son of a bitch went to Burger king the other night and had the nerve to eat it in front of me.. lol... THATS WHY WE LOVE THEM!

heh heh... I've done the same kind of sneaky trick to my dh also.

AND... my dh has done the same d@mn thing with the Burger King with me! He had the NERVE to go through the BK drive thru on the way home from the hospital!!!! :)