Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Rumbaut Inamed certified?

Hi,

I am considering going to Dr. Rumbaut in Mexico for my band. Does anyone know if he is Inamed certified? How do I find out?

Also, Thanks for all your awesome posts! The support here is fantastic!

Annie

Guest Janet_e

Dr Rumbaut has been about since I first started researching banding back in 1998. I don't speak from experience but I understand that he's a very good surgeon and has masses of band experience. I also believe he has a band himself which is always a bonus as it means he understands the pitfalls.

At one point when I was doing my research and I was having difficulty finding a good surgeon in Europe I even consider going to Mexico myself. Fortunately, I found Dr Frering so didn't have to travel so far.

Janet from UK

If you decide to use Dr. Rumbaut. I dont think you will be sorry. Hes a great surgeon. I to was bannded by Dr.Rumbaut last month on 8/22/05 . I also have my S/N # & info from Inamed on my surgery report

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Rumbaut is actually one of those who proctors new docs in the US when THEY are becoming certfied. He IS one of those who worked with Inamed long before US ever started training for the lapband.

One of the most popular and in my opinion talented surgeons in Mexico (Ortiz) praises Dr. Rumboult to no end. Dr. R enjoys an EXCELLENT reputation--he was a consideration for me, just harder & more expensive to travel to from NY. (Like TJ is easy!). From what I hear, you can't go wrong with him. As Leatha says he is certified/licensed (whatever it is) and he had indeed proctored many sureones in the U.S. Good luck & let us know.

You can contact Inamed directly if you want a 'official' answer to your question. Their website is inamed.com, and I've known people to get very quick answers to email with questions like that. I do know that Inamed will not sell a band to a doctor that they have not trained, and I do believe that Dr. Rumbaut is one of their proctors that teaches the procedure to new doctors. I'm also 90% sure that he has a band himself, but I could be wrong about that. I can't honestly say where I remember reading that.

Dr. Rumbaut did my surgery a little over a year ago, and I could not have been happier with his service. My surgery was uneventful and I recovered very quickly. I also just recently received a survery from them asking my opinion on how they could improve their service, and then also asking for an update on my contact information so that they could keep in touch. When I responded, I got a reply back within a day.

I don't mean to prattle on, but just wanted to give you some of my good experience :)

Rumbaut did the PRE-FDA testing which allowed the FDA testing to be done in the states. He's a band pioneer...and a band patient. And he proctored the guys who now consider themselves to be the experts...if that tells you anything.

Thanks you guys! I was completely sure on him until I kept reading things. I called Inamed and they didn't have him listed but not I am wondering if they misspelled his name. I will contact them again. I just want to be one hundred percent sure. I do have a surgery date for Oct. 20. I am so excited.

BTW you guys are GREAT! I love reading your post. It is so nice to be able to talk to me that totally understand how I feel. Thanks a million!

Annie

Hey THANKS! I will check it out that way. I appreciate your help. I just feel with surgery and surgery in another country with my own money, ya just have to check everything out!

Thanks again and God Bless!

McGraw-addict,

Did you ever find out if Rumbaut is Inamed certified. If you don't mind me asking, how much is his office charging? If you want to PM me with that info, that's cool too.

Thanks! :)

McGraw-addict,

Did you ever find out if Rumbaut is Inamed certified.

Thanks! :)

Just read up a few responses! He is not only "Inamed certified," he is one a a very few surgeons who GOT Inamed's band approved in the US. He's beyond certified.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches