Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ricardo Bonnor - Dr. Bonnor is WONDERFUL!

I don't have time to post much now, but I wanted to be the first to recommend Dr. Bonnor. His is a team approach, with a nutritionist and counselors/coaches on staff, and a monthly support group. Check out his website http://www.texasendosurg.com/ . And feel free to contact me about him!

Hello,

I am excited to find a thread dedicated to Dr. Bonner's patients. I would like to hear previously banded patients, so that I can be ready dor my surgery in July. MistyD65 i like your saying Its my time now. that is exactly how i feel . look forward to talking with my fellow bandsters.

newmel

He is VERY easy on the eyes as well!

uh huh ;-)

Dr Bonnor is so handsome ( yes I said it)...lol. I am so glad I had my surgery with him. my incisions are faded already and my surgery was on the 26th of May 2009.

I was teasing him the other day about how his picture pops up like a jack in the box on his website. lol He said he wasn't too sure how much he liked that! He is so easy to talk to, and really takes his time and listens. I've never felt like he was trying to rush me out of the office.

Hey ,

I was just checking to see how everyone is doing ? Realita are you on mushies yet? Are you still starving ? I am possibly reconsidering self pay and might wait for the insurance thing which would be december. I wish I could make a deal with insurance to pay for half of the cost. Anyone ever hear of insurance companies doing that ? Hope all is well. Everyone have a good week .

I was so disappointed with Dr Bonnor today. I am trying really hard to tell myself maybe he was having a bad day today, but boy, was he rude.

I went in today for my follow-up visit. His girls were super nice as usual, but he was so arrogant and rude. He kept me waiting for over 45 mins and was just arguing with me uneccessarily.

I was so disappointed with Dr Bonnor today. I am trying really hard to tell myself maybe he was having a bad day today, but boy, was he rude.

I went in today for my follow-up visit. His girls were super nice as usual, but he was so arrogant and rude. He kept me waiting for over 45 mins and was just arguing with me uneccessarily.

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Was there a reason he was mad at you . Are you having trouble after surgery ? I want to be prepared for my surgery so any advice you can give would be great .

Wow, that really doesn't sound like him at all. He must have been having a bad day, but I'm sorry it seems to have gotten taken out on you. I hope your next appointment is much better!

I do not have any problem at all. If there is anything, I 've healed beautifully well. I have lost 19 lbs in this two wks, so I feel like I have done really well.

The first time he came to the room where I was waiting, I was talking with one of the girls. He didn't even come inside the room, he stood by the door and asked me if I have any problem. I said no.And then he said, see you in two wks time for your first fill. I was like "JUST LIKE THAT". I didn't drive 45 mins to your office for you to dismiss with one line question. So I said I wanted to talk to him some more. He asked me to wait that he will be right back. Right back turned into 45 mins wait. I was pissed, so I took my bag to leave , but one of his girls asked me to wait that she will drag him out in 2 mins. He came in at exactly 2 mins after I went back to the room to wait and didn't even sit down. He repeated this same question "Any problem ?" So I started asking him questions about the capacity of my band and how often I can get fills etc. He got really pissed like I was wasting his time. He told me that I will get my first fill next wk and every 8 wks thereafter. So I told him that I don't like the fact that he is not flexible. What if I don't feel any restriction after getting a fill, does it mean I will have to ride it on my own for 8 wks before I can come back. My husband paid 11k for me to get this surgery and I can't afford to be losing 2 lbs a month. I will do my part but I also want the assistance that the band is supposed to offer. He told me that's not his problem and that he has a protocol he follows with all his patients. We argued this back and forth before he finally said okay I can come back after 3 wk if I don't feel any restriction after a fill. He could have just said that the first time I asked him and we wouldn't have gone into all the argument. He didn't ask to see my stitches, or ask if I am losing weight or not. No follow up question, just nasty rude comments like "You are a going to be a professional next year, so I guess you know what to do". He was more interested in seeing new patients.

I'm glad though to be getting my first fill 3 wks post-op. I hope he behaves better next wk or I will let him know I don't appreciate rude doctors.

Edited by 4weightlosssake

4WLS, did you have your 2nd appointment yet? I'm anxious to hear how it went. I hope Dr. Bonnor gave you more time and attention. I went in with a notebook with questions for the first several appointments after my surgery, and he took the time to answer them all. I would be sad to discover that he is shortchanging post-op patients in favor of new patients, so I'm still hoping your experience with him was a fluke, just him having a bad day. He IS generally conservative with fills, and I appreciate that about him. It seems like one of the things people have the most trouble with is being too tight too soon, then staying too tight and eating slider foods. And I've read many posts from people who, several weeks after a fill that they thought was not enough, suddenly found themselves too tight. There just seems to be no predicting how fills will affect you.

Anyway, let us know how it went and how you are doing. :biggrin:

Hey Misty....I had to post-pond my appointment till next week Tuesday because my kids have been sick all week. They picked up something from the daycare ,so I had to stay home and watch them.

I hope I come back on Tuesday with good stories because I truly like Dr Bonnor. I have been so so bad this week just from staying home all day with sick children. There isn't much to do when they are knocked out by their med and I'm all by myself. I haven't lost single pound in over a week now. I also haven't worked out too.

I know next week will be better though because they are getting better, I'm getting the fill on Tuesday and will be able to get back to the gym.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that your kids are sick! Hope they are better soon.

It's so easy to slide back into old habits during times you are out of your "routine". I was out of town for about a week and put on almost 3 pounds due to eating out a lot. A good bit of that is Water weight though, I can tell. My feet and ankles were really puffy. It is so hard to break free from the "food is going to make me feel better/feel happier" trap. I'm so much better than I used to be, but not as good as I'd like to be about it. I can still get sucked into eating too much of something I really like.

Here's to a better week for both of us!

Hey Misty....I have been busy lately and haven't been on here a lot lately. I did get my first fill last week thursday (instead of tuesday) because there were too many patients at Dr Bonnor's office on tuesday and my hubby was coming home that evening from offshore, so I had to leave and rescheduled for thursday.

Dr Bonnor came in at 8.00 am that morning just for me, thought that was really nice of him. It was my best visit to his office so far and I'm beginning to think that they read our comments on lapbandtalk....lol. He was very nice and the whole visit didn't take more than 10 mins. It wasn't painful at all, didn't even feel the needle go in. The only problem is that I have absolutely zero restriction till now. I am doing my best though (lost 4 lb since then) and will probably wait till the next 4 - 5 wks to see what happens.