Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding on May 21st 2009. Who else?

I had my surgery on May 22, Sore but fine

i am heading to shower now. we were closed with bondo/glue. no stitches. just can't submerge for 3 weeks, i.e. baths, spas or pools. but was told i don't even need to put anti biotic since the bondo has it already in there. been having shoulder pains from gas and took some gas-x strips. laid down a bit. now gonna shower and try walking around tj for a bit. there is talk about getting a massage around the corner. gonna make the best of my vacation!

best wishes for all!

Are the gas-X strips working for you? I feel like a Water cooler!!!! Sorry everyone if it just seems like I'm Bitc*ing on here... This is all sooo foreign to me... go figure 2 days out and I'm sick of soup!!!! Are we allowed to have a diet snapple???? I know nothing "red" in case of vomiting, but all I want is a diet peach snapple and my gas to go away!!!:wink2:

you can have snapple. it's clear. we just got done visiting revolution street in TJ and had the BEST albondigas Soup.... without the albondigas. try branching out on your Soups... miso, wonton, albondigas. hope that helps!

and yes the gas x strips seem to be helping. been having shoulder pains which the nurse said was gas.. but walking has really helped too.

I am finally home! Today was a hard one! The drive home alone, I got motion sickness! My body/chest felt like I was gonna explode and I wanted to throw up. But of course I was so scared that my band would move! My biggest fear, btw! It turned out to be more of a bp I think... just saliva and gas/air.

Came home, took a nap, walked a bit with my mom. She just made me some chicken broth... that's getting old quick! And my Dr. said I could have a Protein drink when I got home, cuz I am HUNGRY!!!

So how is everyone else doing??

I was banded on the 21st. Our plan has me on creamy stuff for the next two weeks. Cream Soups, Cottage cheese, sugar free pudding and Jello and no sugar added applesauce. I haven't taken any of the lortab today just mostly feeling tired and a bit weak. I return to work tomorrow.

The most discomfort I am experiencing is gas in my stomach. I feel pressure under my ribs and have had hiccups and burps. I bought some gax x strips that help a little. Anyone else finding the same thing?

Eating sugar free Flan right now. Quishing it around in my cheeks before I swallow.... I HAD TO DO IT. it's not a matter of will power, it's a matter of nothing is satisfying my hunger right now.

How is everyone surviving *lol*?????? I'm hungry tired of broth and want scrambled eggs so despeatly I can practically smell them cooking...... Other then our gas issues, is everyone doing o.K????

Im with you on the food front but I have been dropping weight fast. Either I was retaining a LOT of Fluid or my body is working OT trying to heal. I have dropped almost 11 lbs since surgery.

Well as of monday I was down 10, I'm waiting until tomorrow with my 1 wk post op appt to find out if there is more gone. I feel like I'm pregnant all over again!!! completely like schizo on what it is I want more lol. I'm going to try some strained eggdrop Soup in a bit I need a change, and I HAVE TO "eat" something. I'm just so repulsed by clears & liquids at this point.

I have been on clear fluids for a week and just started on full fluids. So far, I've only had time to do Slim-Fast (drink of choice for my clinic which has surprised me). I was doing 3 Protein bullets a day but know doing only one.

I'll branch out a bit this weekend.

Healing well, but I"m at the itching stage. Dermobond is just breaking up.

today was the 1st day of 7 that i am actually doing well!! i was prescribed some anti nausea Rx and what a difference a little pill makes!! i have also started taking some metamucil capsules which REALLY help with the hunger pangs. i've moved on to creamy Soups but have learned it's best to make them, blend and strain and then let them rest for a bit. they were coming out way too frothy, it was disgusting. but i just finished some decent split pea that was 'relaxed' and i am satisfied. i can't wait till i get to the mush stage! SERIOUS!!!

Sara, I'm so glad you're finally feeling good. It looks like we are all off to a really good start. GB

Edited by tulsarealtorgb
(not finished writing-sent by mistake)

Hi people. Today IU am really dizzy. Shoulder pain is much better but why am I dizzy? Seems I'm getting all these first week things now instead of then. Still don't know why I can't get my tracker to show up. GREEEERRRRR!