Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little Confused About Band

I am doing everything right and lost weight during the liquid stage last week. But when I started on mushy food I feel like I am bloated and cant lose the weight and havent lost a pound since Thursday and its almost Monday. I am eating 3 small small small meals a day and drinking a lot of Water on the weekends, and I am not hungry at all, why arent I losing weight? I dont feel like this is all right for some reason.:bored

I think that with mushy food you may want to watch the calories. If you are then it may be your body in survival mode. You know if you think about it when you are on liquids only it is like you are fasting so your body loses at first. When you introduce something back into your diet that is more filling or thicker with more nutrients and more Protein your body tends to hold on to it because it remembers what you did to it last week. LOL That is just my theory. Once your body realizes that you are introducing more food it will calm down and let go of the weight.

Your body just needs to catch up darling, you ARE doing it right, keep it up. But like Dee Dee said, watch your calories, drink your Water and woooooosh your gonna be just fine :D

Try tracking your calories at www.fitday.com its free and its fun :(

Jodie, I'm just back from vacation and wanted to say congratulations on your banding! Everyone else is absolutely right in their words; what you're experiencing is perfectly normal and there will be LOTS of periods of days or weeks with no weight loss as your body adjusts to its new low-calorie regimen. Please don't watch the scale too closely, or if you do, don't let the numbers influence your sense of success. You're on your way and in 12 months you will look back at this moment and wonder what the heck you were worried about. :D

I think its just normal i hit a plateau when i started mushy foods....

Dont worry keep your head up and the weight will come off!!!!!

Kim

-41lbs

96lbs to go

Remember that the first 6 weeks are for healing and not weight loss. I was told that anything I lost the first 6 weeks (before my first adjustment) was a bonus. Take a nice deep breath and rekax, you are normal, I am 5 weeks post op and not losing anymore either, I go for an adjustment on friday, that is when I will start thinking about what the scale is saying. Until you are ready for a fill eat sensibly and heal. ~Mandy

I'm 6 weeks out from banding, and have noticed a pattern in my weight loss...it goes down, then back up for a couple of days, then stays the same a couple of days, then back down. Then up , then same, then down...I records all that I eat on fitday.com, and I can pull up reports on my weight loss over time, if I'm meeting my Protein or other nutritional goals, my activity levels, etc. It's been a big help, and kept me disciplined and out of denial. If I eat something like ice cream, I record it...it would be easy to pretend I didn't do it, but that won't really help me. Be patient, follow dr. instructions, and study your pattern. Good luck! Cindy

But the doctor said I could expect to lose more in the first month than in the following months because after I get on normal food I will lose about 6-10-15 pounds a month while this first month I should lose about 20lbs. hmmm I dunno.

But the doctor said I could expect to lose more in the first month than in the following months because after I get on normal food I will lose about 6-10-15 pounds a month while this first month I should lose about 20lbs. hmmm I dunno.

Check in again on September 26, and you may indeed have lost about 20 lbs. But you may not, and that would be perfectly normal and well and good too! It just doesn't pay to expect pounds to drop off on a regular schedule. You will lose weight, in fits and starts, and it will continue if you respect your band and the new eating habits it helps you create.