Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jeni's Stage 2 Plastic Surgery!!

ok so now that im finally back to normal after my belt lipectomy... it time to start the journey to the next stage:

Brachioplasty/Inner Thigh Lift with Lipo

Im scheduled for surgery on May 28th!!!

Im going to get the pre-op stuff done next week!!:biggrin:

Does anyone know what these two procedure are like?:) I'm starting to get a little anxious and nervous... But this is the last surgery so thats a plus!!

You're amazing, Jeni! Good luck for Phase 2!

You're amazing, Jeni! Good luck for Phase 2!

LOL!!! Thanks!!! I don't think i'm that amazing (maybe a little crazy though!!!).. if im feeling good i say why not go for it.. Of course im nervous but its eventually going to be done anyways.. the sonner the better!! Hey if it was up to me i would have it done next week!!! But work and my surgeon wont allow it..... HaHaHaHa!!!

I need to have this done and be healed by mid august... I'm going to Poland to visit my family who hasn't seen me since before my Band so huge difference and plus i want to see me with out any excess hanging skin!!!!

But anyway, how are you doing/recovering? Are you back to yourself yet?

Ahhh the joys of being young and able to bounce back so fast. I to think your amazing in the fact that your able to be up and willing to go for round 2 already. My Oct surgery kicked my butt, I guess being 43 didn't help. I go in Tuesday to have my revision and am scared to death of just that.

You are going to look like a supermodel when your all done, You have worked very hard for this, best of luck to you in your next step.!!!

Can't wait to see the pix.

Ahhh the joys of being young and able to bounce back so fast. I to think your amazing in the fact that your able to be up and willing to go for round 2 already. My Oct surgery kicked my butt, I guess being 43 didn't help. I go in Tuesday to have my revision and am scared to death of just that.

You are going to look like a supermodel when your all done, You have worked very hard for this, best of luck to you in your next step.!!!

Can't wait to see the pix.

Thank you so much....

Im no going to lie this past surgery knocked me down on my butt big time .. im still trying to get back to my exercise routine and am having a difficult time.. but daily functions back to normal...

Your having revision surgery on you Tummy Tuck why is that????:thumbup:

Thank you so much....

Im no going to lie this past surgery knocked me down on my butt big time .. im still trying to get back to my exercise routine and am having a difficult time.. but daily functions back to normal...

Your having revision surgery on you Tummy Tuck why is that????:thumbup:

I had wound seperation issues/necrisis and the wound becasme so big that I was on bed rest for 5 weeks to keep it from getting bigger. It took over 4 months to completly heal. we did wet to dry dressings and packing it that whole time. anywyas I was left with a bit of hard scar tissue and a portion of my tummy along the top of the mons area and up to my belly button didn't heal IN all correctly and to me it resembles a small butt. :) Not the look I was going for when I had this TT. so he's going to cut from hip to hip, take out all the scar tissue, also cut from the belly button on down to the mons take out all that scar tissue, pull me down tight again and make a new BB hole. I also have a bit of scar tissue on my right side towards my back that also had a wound seperation, and he will be fixing that also.

He said I should be ok, he doesn't forsee the same issues I had the 1st time, He removed 9 lbs and I had alot of stretch marks and thin skin to work with... It happens, it was a risk I was willing to take to be rid of the skin.

I just want this to be over with so I can enjoy summer!!!!

OK work awaits me.

Shalee: I feel like we are plastic surgery sisters since we went through about the same time. Good luck with your revision. I'm sure it's going to go well. Please let me know how your healing goes.

Jeni: I had my arms done in October, you can read about my experience on my thread. The arms really weren't very painful. They feel very heavy for a few days and you can't bend them (or at least I couldn't) because of the bandaging. You'll need someone to help you get a glass to your mouth and help you eat. That is the worst part, but luckily it get better quickly. If I can answer anymore questions please let me know.

Jeni,

I'm doing great! I am back to normal daily activity and am exercising at 70% now, and increasing every week. I have had to take a few days break this week when I caught a chest cold, or I'd be back to 100%.

I don't wear a compression garment anymore, my swelling is almost 90% gone, I can wear jeans again, and except for first thing in the morning, I can't even feel my incisions during the day. I feel so well that I feel guilty for still being on sick leave! Luckily I'm going back to work on Monday. :(

So I think I'm been really lucky, and recovered very well.

But even so, I wouldn't be game to go back for more surgery so soon! I think I have a pretty good pain tolerance, but damn, girl, you put me to shame!

Jeni,

I'm doing great! I am back to normal daily activity and am exercising at 70% now, and increasing every week. I have had to take a few days break this week when I caught a chest cold, or I'd be back to 100%.

I don't wear a compression garment anymore, my swelling is almost 90% gone, I can wear jeans again, and except for first thing in the morning, I can't even feel my incisions during the day. I feel so well that I feel guilty for still being on sick leave! Luckily I'm going back to work on Monday. :(

So I think I'm been really lucky, and recovered very well.

But even so, I wouldn't be game to go back for more surgery so soon! I think I have a pretty good pain tolerance, but damn, girl, you put me to shame!

LOL!!! You put me to shame because im not back to my excercise routine i would say im about 25% of the way there.. Damn girl !!!!

Jeni,

I think the biggest issues with the arms is raising your hands above your head. I'm finally able to do that better. Being 5'2'' and apparently having every item I purchase at the grocery store on the top shelf was a chore. I was asking people to get me things down left and right.

Also my reach is still a bit limited, going through the drive through or the ATM is a little bit of a challenge. All doable though.

I find it interesting that you are doing your arms and legs at the same time. Do you worry that you'll not be able to use one or the other to get from a seated position or out of bed? (I don't mean to scare you...just curious.)

And lastly I've just a little seperation in my underarms. Less than half an inch on one side and about an inch on the other. I was told that's really common. I just dress them with bandages and go about my day.

I'll be reading your every word, as usual.

to tell you the truth now that ive officially had the surgery scheduled im getting a tad bit nervous but the way i put it in my head is if i made it through the belt lipectomy i an make it throught the next...

and think about it this way juli you were unable to use your arms or your abdominal muscles t get up.. im sure that was difficult as well.. but you made it out ok... im sure i will too!!