Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else pain free after surgery?

Hello everyone! I am curious....I only took pain pills the day of my surgery and the following day. I am pain free, no gas pain or anything.

I do have mild discomfort if I twist just right. I am able to sleep in any postion I want, even on my tummy. I was concerned about picking up my son, who is 16 months old, and have had not one issue at all.

I am suprised by my pain free recovery!!!!:drool:

Anyone else as blessed as me?

I feel very good and would like to know if I am in the minority?

Hi Angie,

I was banded on the 16th of April. Although I took my pain meds for a few days, I definitely feel like one of the blessed ones since my pain from the incisions was gone after day 4. I have not experienced port pain either, which seems to bother alot of people, so I feel really lucky about that too. Today I am 12 days post op and feel great. I have a 2 year old though and have not been lifting him a lot since that was one of my surgeons rules. I am also hungry sometimes, but other than that, I feel like I have sailed through with no problems. We are truly a couple of the lucky ones! Good luck to you.

I was only banded yesterday but I'm still in quite a bit of pain. I am considering myself lucky; 4 other patients were banded by my surgeon yesterday and I was doing the best of any of them in the hosp. I was able to walk almost 3/4 of a mile today, albeit very slowly. But I can't see myself off the pain pills by tomorrow. I hope I'm as lucky as you've been, but if not, I'm still happy with where I am.

I was banded on the 22nd. I took my pain meds once, mostly because the nurse said "go ahead and take this, it will help you sleep better. I got all the prescriptions filled that I was suppose to, but I've not used any of it. I do feel really blessed with everything so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I "sail" through the rest of the "firsts" lol.

Congrats to you all that were banded this month!:biggrin:

Terri

hi i was banded on january 13 09 three months post-op had no complications what so ever.(thank goodness).i have read that people have a lot of port pain.an other complications but i wish them well.i took 40lbs off before the surgery an lost 19lbs two weeks post-op. i am sleeping better especially on my stomach. i can breathe better.i thank god almighty for my brand new life.

I have done pretty well too....I had surgery 4/21 and took meds for a couple days. I ended up w/a UTI (fun fun) so I switched from pain meds to antibiotics but no port pain no inscision pain. they put bandaids on the top of the steristrips and the bandaids have made my stomach sore lol but not the actual healing of the incision. lol

I am very happy with how i've done thus far, not carrying anything heavier than a gallon of milk though because the surgeon said not to. I have my 2wk follow up tomorrow (a little early lol) and am looking forward to seeing what the doctor has to say. I dont think i've ever been this excited to get weighed before lol!

I didn't have to much pain but took a dose of it at bedtime I have a cat that like to lean against me and it seems like he was always pushing on somthing to make it hurt finished one of the 2 bottles and put the other away for a snowy night....lol

Post op day 2 here and I'm slow getting up and down, but I haven't needed any pain meds at all. My biggest complaint was a caffeine headache after surgery. :ohmy:

I found the surgery very easy, I think I had some sort of strong morphine based pain killer on the day of surgery, the nurse came in and gave me whatever once or twice.

By that evening I required no more pain relief but did need a sleeping pill as i had my surgery at 8.30 am, had been lying on my back ALL day,had slept off the anaesthetic and was prowling my room in boredom as I simply could not sleep and being the wee hours, there was NOTHING to watch on telly.

I came home the next morning and never even took paracetamol. When we got home, I got changed and we went for a walk!

I had my surgery on April 14th and actually told the surgeon I had to look down my gown to really believe I had been cut on. I felt really lucky and blessed.

I don't have any pain in the incision areas but I have intermittent shoulder (left) and neck pain. It's horrible. I had a massage, have taken gas X..walked, I drink lots of fluids. Any one have any ideas for relief?

txdj

I hate you all!

Just kidding. That's really great! I know we all react differently.

Hello everyone

i also was pain free,everything went great,i was amazed of recovery,no gas,vomiting