Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So... got some work to do.

My next appt with Dr Fox is July 15th. I imagine I should get a surgery date during that visit. I also have not been told about his version of the liquid diet yet. I am hoping this next visit is full of useful and exciting information. I will keep y'all posted for sure.

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Jason

first of all sorry to hear about your anemia/gout. Since getting the lap band I've gotten a Vitamin B12 defficiency which can cause anemia but its an easy fix. and I have a friend that has gout and they gave him some pills and it cleared it up. Also I'm glad to hear you aren't getting down on yourself about your gain. You have been doing well and I know you will do great again this week!

Also the amount of blood dr.fox wants when he does lab work is crazy! hahahaha I got lucky in comparison because it only took them 6 pokes for me. but I've had to get my lab work done so much now you learn where the good vein is and just tell the guy as soon as you go in and they will get you the first time. My good vein is in the back of my elbow. hahahah.

ok so I can tell you about dr.fox's liquid diet. It's harsh but I'm so glad that it is because it has really taught me discipline. It's 10 days pre-op then 1 month post op. Clear liquids only, broth, Jello, things like that and you need to get 90g of Protein through shakes daily. you can't have milk so you have to mix your drinks with water! yuck! and then after the post-op liquid diet you get to move to blended foods for a month. this includes cottage cheese, baby food, things like that. finally you get solid foods again. Now dr.fox does have other limitations other than no milk, you also can have anything with more than 6g sugar. It's rough but it's totally worth it! and if you ever have questions about what this process is going to be like or if you just want to vent I don't mind. I totally know what you're going through. hahahaha

Becky, Julie & Sarah,

I enjoyed each of your posts and thanks for the ideas and information. I was very interested in hearing about the liquid diet from Dr. Fox Sarah... it sounds lengthy, but it also sounds like some serious lbs may be shed during that time period which, if true, would be great! Just to clear things up I don't have Gout now... just at high risk for it. I was told by Dr. Fox that if I had it I would certainly know it. He is talking with my primary doc this week sometime about treatment to prevent it from happening. I hope all goes well with that.

I have been doing some more exploring on this site rather than just looking at threads. I noticed your blog Sarah... and I must say WOW... what progress you have made! I know you are very proud of yourself as am I. Awesome job!! Watch your back very closely... I'm going to catch up with your progess very soon!!! HaHa!! Again... congrats on your success thus far! Talk to y'all later.

Jason

hahaha thanks! I always love some healthy competition. Yeah I am very proud of myself but it's very strange. Even though I look different I feel like the same person, it's hard to describe. I'm glad you don't have gout yet. and yeah you will definately loose some good lbs during the liquid diet! I went from 290 to 260 while on the liquids and I weighed about 10lbs more after surgery because they gave me sooooooo much saline through my IV. hahaha When is your next appointment with dr.fox? do you think you will get your surgery date the next time you go in? I get to go get a fill next monday! yay! hahaha

HI Jason,

Good luck I am just starting too (plus turn 30 in Aug)! As a felllow Washingtonian I want to say congrats on your success. Isn't it wonderful to be so concerned about your health your doing things to better it? Wish I had begain sooner. Keep in touch!

Sarah - My next appt with Dr. Fox is next Wed July 15th. I think I may get a surgery date at that time. He talked to my primary doc today and she wants me to see her tomorrow for a complete anemia workup... more bloodwork it sounds like. Like getting poked 8 times a week ago wasn't enough ya know... Yeesh. HaHa!! Good luck with your fill Monday... hope all goes well. Thanks for the note!

chatty - Congrats on deciding to go see a surgeon about the LapBand! It is very neat meeting people close by here in WA. sweetheart181 is also in WA. I just turned 30 this past April and I feel the same as you do about wishing I had done something earlier. I am thankful I am still here to do something now... I got way too heavy, but I am not looking back I tell ya! This is going to be a new beginning as it is with most that go through it. I would not give this up for anything. Thank you for the post and I look forward to hearing about your journey as well! I am going to keep this thread going through most of my journey with the surgery and most likely the first year... I guess so check it every once in a while and let me know when you make your thread. I am excited about reading it!!! Talk to you soon.

Jason

Just stopping by to say hello :drool:; hope your Dr. gives you a surgery date when you see him on the 15th.

More bloodwork? :thumbup: Hope it all goes smoothly!

Well Dr. Fox got in touch with my primary doc and I had to see her today. I did one more lab and it will be tested for anemia. I was given a prescription for Allopurinol to help prevent Gout. I have mentioned this before, but was put on a prescription for Vitamin D as well. Also Dr Fox wants me to see a GI doc. He is concerned with my initial labwork. He says that he has seen two patients in the past that had similar labs. He wants me checked for a pre-cancerous polyp in my colon... yeesh. My reg doc tells me this today and I immediately got concerned. She explained that they are not saying I have this issue, but the labwork suggests the possibility. My paternal grandmother passed from cancer in her 70's; other than that there has been no cancer in the family history. I am to call the GI doc tomorrow to schedule the appt for him to review my labwork from the hospital. If he agrees with Dr Fox I will have some fun... a colonoscopy! Come on! The good news is that if this happens he will remove the polyp while performing this test. Whew... what a day.

Now for the bit of good news - My reg doc DID say to discontinue my high blood pressure med!!! I was like.... YES!

Guess what - I still ain't lookin back!!!!!! Going to the gym... talk to y'all later:)~

P.S. Hi Hel:) It was just one poke today... nothin. Waiting for the 15th now!

My best advice is don't eat chicken chili two days before a colonoscopy. I should have just eaten razor blades.

You have an amazing spirit man. We are all on pins and needles reading your story. With your attitude you can't help but have success.

glad you only had one poke this time! and good luck with the colonoscopy

that is so wonderful to hear! congrats, all your hard work has paid off... =)

Edited by ljm_1985

I must admit today has been a bit rough. Cannot get the kids to act like humans, health insurance premium went up, and am at a plateau with my weight. I lost 2oz this past week. HeHe! I expected this at some point, but thought I would lose this week. Last week I ate less food, walked further distances at higher speeds on the treadmill, and walked for longer times because I gained last week. I suppose that kept me from gaining this week, but I was enjoying so much seeing lbs lost each week. Now don't think I am giving up by any means... I don't mean to sound so down... just a tough day that's all. I am still very much motivated for weight loss and will not let this day hold me back... that is a promise not only to myself, but to all who care and love me! I tell you one thing... I love this site too. Reading posts on my thread and success of others is so helpful especially on harder than normal days! I am looking forward to hearing what Dr. Fox has to say Wednesday at my appt. I am also on my 12th week now of the appetite suppresant... from what I read most clinical studies last 12 weeks on this drug... I wonder if he will keep me on it longer. I am going to be out of it after this week. I have quite a few questions I want to ask Dr. Fox Wed. I am making a list for him... haha!

Well now that I have been at my plateau I expect a 15lb loss next week!!! LOL J/K We will see what it brings though!

When y'all respond be sure to let me know how your progess is going... would love to hear how all of you are! Thanks.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Sorry you had a rough day, I hope today was better for you. I'm looking forward to hearing about your Dr. visit tomorrow, I hope it is all good news! Please don't keep us waiting too long :thumbdown:

Jason,- looking forward to hearing what the doc has to say today!!!

I have been to the 2nd of 4 nutritionist visits with hopes of a sept or oct surgery date.

keep up the good work!

talk with you soon

For a long time now I have had a belief that if you have a bad day a really good one will follow soon... & this came true for me this week. I was kinda down this past Monday, but today made up for it. My meeting with Dr. Fox was nothing but encouraging! He told me that my weight training has slowed my progress, but that he does not mind at all and he is still willing to proceed with surgery this August even though I have not yet reached his original goal for me of 70-100lbs. There is still a great chance I can reach 70lbs. He was very pleased with what I have done so far. It was good to hear that from him! He also told me that the weight training will help my healing process be less painful which is a big plus.

He then turned to me and asked me why I have not picked a date for surgery yet. I was like... umm. He smiled and said .... "oh... you want me to do that now right?" LOL Well we went out to the nurse station and was going to pick a date which looks like August 20th right now, but he did forget that I must see the GI doc next week. He told me to hang on until I see that doc and then he will write the date in ink. Until then it is tentatively set for 8-20!!! I am excited!

Now a few days ago I had to give more blood for an anemia workup. When I came out of Dr Fox's office I had a message from my primary doc saying that those results were also abnormal. They sent me for ANOTHER lab test... haha!! So we are now waiting for that and my GI doc appt. which I moved up to Monday. So things are moving forward and it is awesome that he is still willing to move forward!!! I am more than ready!

sounds like you are moving right along. I hope you get that 8/20 surgery date, you certainly have worked for it. Have a great weekend!