Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Miss California and Gay marriage

I get upset because u feel like u can bash the lifestyle of a whole people and hide behind G*D saying it is wrong, there were religion before christianity, don't u think if christianty was the only way to interpret the word of G*D it would have been the first and only religion? Obviously it wasn't and isn't and it is not your place to tell people if they are sinning. People have their own personal relationship with G*D and don't need your warped opinion. your holier than thou attitude is not wanted here or anywhere, if you want to preach go to church, but to continually write how we all are sinners is getting old and is offensive, not only to me, but to anyone whose beleifs are different from yours.

First of all, I'm not 'bashing' your lifestyle. I'm just stating what 'God' says about it and my reasons for not wanting marriage to be for anyone except one man and one woman.

The religion 'before' christianity, was the Old testament. And the Old Testament led the way for the Messiah to come. That Messiah was Jesus. Which is what christianity is all about.

Who says it's not my place to tell people that they are sinning? You? If the discussion is on homosexuality and why some don't want to allow gay marriages, then I have every right to say it is because it is a sin. If you find that what the bible says about homosexuality is 'offensive' to you, then maybe you should go to God in prayer and talk to him about it. He's the one who said so, not me. I'm just telling you what he said.

luluc and Beth you ladies rock thanks for your input. LOL i love the mad lib comment i was lmfao!!!

amy

Thanks, Amy.

I guess I have a "live and let live" side to me where I don't believe it is my place to judge others in their beliefs or lifestyles. None of us are better than any others since we all sin. So for one sinner to cast stones at another is akin to the speck and log analogy that is also Biblically referenced.

I may utilize my right through voting to determine what I do or don't want in my society, but I will never run around and tell others what sinners they are. Like I said, I may barely make it to heaven myself. Though I believe strongly in God, I most certainly make daily mistakes which are considered sins too. Since I am not nor will I ever be perfect, it's pretty stupid to point out other people's flaws. Just my 2 cents.

PG, it's your constant holier-than-thou professions which make you so detested, not that you believe in God. I can't imagine He's too keen on your representation of Him.

Who says it's not my place to tell people that they are sinning? You?

It's GOD'S PLACE!! I don't believe He EVER gave you free reign to condemn people!! That is between HIM and THEM, not YOU and THEM!! :smile:

It's GOD'S PLACE!! I don't believe He EVER gave you free reign to condemn people!! That is between HIM and THEM, not YOU and THEM!! :smile:

oye - either her bible hasn't been colored in properly or she's eaten the crayons......beating your head there.

oye - either her bible hasn't been colored in properly or she's eaten the crayons......beating your head there.

I know, I know... but arrrrgh, it's effin' annoying!!!! It's one thing to have your beliefs and live your life according to those beliefs, but it's a totally different thing, IMO, to do what she does to others. I guess it's a way to make her feel better about herself and HER sins. :smile:

So long as you sin, who the f*ck are you to tell anybody else what a sinner they are???

Sorry, but omg...

first... there are plenty of religions around the world that came before the old testiment, or at least around the same time aka... budiusm

second you are telling me in YOUR opinion what G*D said from a bible probably written by man that misinterpreted G*Ds word.

Name calling and animosity leads to hate and for me personally hatred is a bigger “sin”( if you believe that being gay is a sin) than being gay. I think hate saddens God more than anything else!

I don’t believe that if you have accepted Jesus as your savior that you will not be allowed to enter in to heaven because you are gay. I know what the Bible says in the Old Testament (which is the old covenant) about it being a sin ( I don’t remember it saying that you couldn’t get in to heaven) and I know what the New Testament (New Covenant) says about how to get to heaven and that is through Jesus! I swear I don’t remember anywhere in the Bible where it says that gay people who have accepted Jesus as their savior are going to hell.

I do have a question on this topic. Why can’t there be two separate names for “marriage”?Why can’t it be called marriage for those who have religious beliefs and wedded for those who are not? Both words really mean the same thing!

Name calling and animosity leads to hate and for me personally hatred is a bigger “sin”( if you believe that being gay is a sin) than being gay. I think hate saddens God more than anything else!

I don’t believe that if you have accepted Jesus as your savior that you will not be allowed to enter in to heaven because you are gay. I know what the Bible says in the Old Testament (which is the old covenant) about it being a sin ( I don’t remember it saying that you couldn’t get in to heaven) and I know what the New Testament (New Covenant) says about how to get to heaven and that is through Jesus! I swear I don’t remember anywhere in the Bible where it says that gay people who have accepted Jesus as their savior are going to hell.

I do have a question on this topic. Why can’t there be two separate names for “marriage”?Why can’t it be called marriage for those who have religious beliefs and wedded for those who are not? Both words really mean the same thing!

I have not called anyone names at all. I have also been VERY clear that I don't 'Hate' anyone. I just hate their sins. What do any of you have against me or anyone who hates the wrong doings of others? Noone minds if I hate the fact that children get abused by pedophiles. Noone minds if I hate the lies people tell. Noone minds if I hate any other sinful act out there. But, mention that I hate and do not approve of the acts of homosexuals, and everyone thinks I'm a hateful, intollerant, unloving person. Not true. I just hate the sin of the homosexual. It's nothing personal. I hate ALL sin.

Guess what!? I don't believe that if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior that you will not be allowed to enter into Heaven if you're gay, either! Just like you. I don't believe that all gay people will go to hell, and I NEVER, EVER said that! Ibelieve that ANYONE, gay or not, will not be allowed to enter Heaven unless they recognize that they are sinning and turn from their ways and believe that Jesus is their savior. The statistics show that most (not all) most gay people feel that having sex with the same sex is perfectly acceptable, since it's what they want to do. Therefore, since most don't feel that they are sinning or doing anything displeasing to God, they may ignore God's words on the subject and ultimately reject him.

Hold on there!!! I was not talking about you! I never said you did! Just where in my post did I mention your name! All I was saying was all of this stuff leads to hate! Which to me is very very sad!

Condemn people? Never! I couldn't even if I chose to, which I would never want that job. But tell them if something is a sin or not, yes. I have every right to tell others what God calls sin, just like I have every right to tell others what God calls good.

PG all I was trying to do is make a point to those who are gay and believe in Christ and have made him their Lord and Savior that it doesn't mean just because they are gay they will not go to heaven. I think that some of the people on here think that is what you are saying!

I never ever said that YOU hated anyone! I don't have a thing against you!

I have however seen many gay people turn their backs on their faith because they believe they will not get into heaven because this is a "sin". I find that so sad.

I for one will have alot to answer for when I get there, but I do try everyday to what I believe is right. Yet everyday I fall short. If being gay is a sin then those who are will have to answer for it not me. I know however that God loves them and if they love and have accepted his son then they will be forgiven for what ever just like I will.

Hold on there!!! I was not talking about you! I never said you did! Just where in my post did I mention your name! All I was saying was all of this stuff leads to hate! Which to me is very very sad!

Please forgive me. I thought you were speaking of me. I apologize.

PG all I was trying to do is make a point to those who are gay and believe in Christ and have made him their Lord and Savior that it doesn't mean just because they are gay they will not go to heaven. I think that some of the people on here think that is what you are saying!

I never ever said that YOU hated anyone! I don't have a thing against you!

I have however seen many gay people turn their backs on their faith because they believe they will not get into heaven because this is a "sin". I find that so sad.

I for one will have alot to answer for when I get there, but I do try everyday to what I believe is right. Yet everyday I fall short. If being gay is a sin then those who are will have to answer for it not me. I know however that God loves them and if they love and have accepted his son then they will be forgiven for what ever just like I will.

If I have been misunderstood about homosexuality and eternal destination to anyone, I'm sorry. I am only trying to point out that the reason why most people do not want to allow legalizing marriage for them is because it is sinful, not because they are hateful or bigots or homophobic like the gay community believes. It's a sin. pure and simple. No other reason. God does not approve of it and neither do those who believe in him and what he has to say on the issue. Christians would never approve of brothers marrying sisters even if they felt it was their 'right' to do so. Simply because it is a sin also. So, we are only trying to stop the society from turning completely against the will of God. Once the people choose to live their way and in a sense tell God to get lost by choosing their own way, we lose the blessings and protections of God in this country. Because God will turn his back on those who reject his word. He said so. We don't want God to do that by allowing sin to be a normal way of life for Americans.

Edited by pattygreen

first... there are plenty of religions around the world that came before the old testiment, or at least around the same time aka... budiusm

second you are telling me in YOUR opinion what G*D said from a bible probably written by man that misinterpreted G*Ds word.

If you don't believe that the bible is God's guidebook for mankind, then there is no sense in even dabating the issue with you. Just go ahead and live your life the way you see fit to do so. Because the whole reason we christians and most people out there who don't want to allow legalizing same sex marriages is because it is a sin in God's eye. No other reason. If you don't believe that, then you will find out if I speak the truth from God's word when we all stand before him in Heaven someday.

You tell me that you are one of God's chosen people, yet God's word doesn't hold any Water with you? I don't get that. Oh well.