Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you eat today.For people at there sweet spot

Hi all i got band fill number 5 three days ago now.Up until this fill i have had no restriction.But now i think i have hit my sweet spot.I had some tuna and mayo for lunch and after about 5-6 tea spoons of it that was me full and it started to back up so i stopped eating.

Could anyone tell me what they eat for a full day and the amounts.?

I am filled to 9.2 cc in the large VG band, i had a very small fill last wed. I would say i am at my sweet spot or even a tad beyond it as i must be VERY VERY carefull when i eat or drink for that matter. Yesterday here is what i was able to eat.

First thing in the am 1 small cup of coffee

Later in the am 1 bottle Water with ice tea Protein powder

11 am 1 balance Protein Bar

1:30 Mac & cheese (did not go well) ate 4 small bites and threw the rest away

3 pm cup of coffee

4 pm 1 low fat string cheese stick

5:30 bottle of Water

6:45 1 lean cuisine cajun shrimp and chicken steamer, left over about 4 bites of it

7:30 1 cadburry Peanut Butter egg ( i know i know! but at least im being honest)

9pm cracked open another water (drank bout half of it)

Thank you for posting this. I've been trying to focus on what is my food routine now that I feel like I have restriction.

5:30am Two peices of 9 grain toast with sugar free Jelly (feels a little heavy and take a while to eat.)

8:30am Slimfast shake (doesn't really do a great job but I need a Protein source)

11:30am Slimfast shake

2:00pm Pear (very filling and lasts, but no protein)

5:00pm small boneless chicken breast with veggie side

7:30pm fruit freezer (yum yum)

About 1100 calories. I am still 'building' my routine so I'm eager to hear what others are doing. This is a little low on Protein so I'm looking forward to getting soom ideas from this thread.

Right now I'm loosing very good.

Edited by mlafentres

I am not at my sweet spot yet because I can eat and eat, but usually I just eat small amounts. I have had three fills. My Dr. really wants me to only eat three meals a day. I am only suppose to eat for 20 minutes and then not take in any calories for 4 - 5 hours. I am not quite there yet, I can get through the morning without a snack, but have a hard time in the afternoon. Good luck on your journey, and hope you are at your sweet spot.

i'm going for my 5th fill on wednesday...my last fill hit my sweet spot 4 about 3 months...but i notice i dont feel as full 4 as long as i was...i like to eat every 4-5 hours...i'm still watching what i eat and how much of it...but im starting to get hungry!!!!!!!!!!!....lol

7:30 a.m....1 cup of coffee...2 bolied eggs...and a yoplait yougurt...with a teaspoon of fiber1 Cereal...to keep my plumbing moving...lol

noon....1/2 cup of tuna with mayo and celery mixed in

6p.m....i will probably have 1 chicken breast from el pollo loco and a small pinto bean...thats a treat for me...i'll take mexican food over candy anyday!!!!!!!1lol

sipping on a Protein drink throughout the day....:)

hey all,after m,y 3rd fill i started to get full faster,i didnt do what dr said after fill i didnt go liquids then soft then food in a week i atge right after fill,and i never felt good the weeks after.was hard to eat.anyway i got a small fill my 4th this last time i didnt eat after fill did the liquids and softies then food thing and im alot better.dont eat very much tho,but i drink Water alot.so im near sweet spot,i just wish id start losing more,i had double knee suregry about a year ago and i gained 50 pds after it,now ive lost near the ammount but still at spot i started,so its alittle disapointing,when i think if i hadnt gained that after that surgery but ,im happy

Hi! Here's how my days usually go:

9:00 am - Protein smoothie - 200 calories

1/2 banana, 1/4 c. strawberries, 3oz. unsweetened almond milk, 3 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice, 2 scoops Protein Powder, splenda & ice

12:00 pm - Ham & Swiss roll up - 120 calories

I get the deli ham and cheese so I'll enjoy my little meal more... it fills me up. About 2oz of ham wrapped in a thin slice of swiss

3:00 pm - Adkins Protein shake - 160 calories

I love the milk chocolate delight flavor

6:00 pm - chicken & lowfat cheese - 140 calories

I'm allergic to seafood, so I've gotten really friendly with the 4.5 oz. cans of chunk chicken. I usually drain and heat it in a little pan and make it many different ways - with a little bit of marinara topped with a grated low fat string cheese; or with lime, garlic and cumin topped with low fat shredded cheddar; or with a little pesto & parmesan... all taste great and are satisfying. Calories vary, but all of these are between 120 - 180

8:00 pm - pizza (that's what I call it :) - 90 calories

10 turkey pepperoni topped with low fat string cheese (i cut one into 10 pieces) I pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it nice and melty

9:00 pm - SF pudding & FF Whipped Cream - 90 calories

I vary this one up, sometimes it's sugar free Chocolate mousse, sometimes it's a fruit cup... just depends on how many calories I have left for the day.

That's about 800 calories for the day, which is where I try to stay, I hope this helps anyone looking for some new ideas!

Edited by cristina
spelling :)

Ham & Swiss roll up - 120 calories

I get the deli ham and cheese so I'll enjoy my little meal more... it fills me up. About 2oz of ham wrapped in a thin slice of swiss

chicken & lowfat cheese - 140 calories

I'm allergic to seafood, so I've gotten really friendly with the 4.5 oz. cans of chunk chicken. I usually drain and heat it in a little pan and make it many different ways - with a little bit of marinara topped with a grated low fat string cheese; or with lime, garlic and cumin topped with low fat shredded cheddar; or with a little pesto & parmesan... all taste great and are satisfying. Calories vary, but all of these are between 120 - 180

pizza (that's what I call it :) - 90 calories

10 turkey pepperoni topped with low fat string cheese (i cut one into 10 pieces) I pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it nice and melty

Nice! Thank you. I think I could swap my 90 calorie Pear or one of my 190 calorie shakes for one of these and be better off.

Do you ever really get away from those shakes? For me its is the ease and portablity of them, along with the good Protein that keeps me going back to them. They don't last as long as the solids.

Can you say more about the Almond Milk? Thats a new one for me.

You're welcome! I agree about the Protein shakes, I just don't seem to get enough Protein without them. If I have a few days where I'm not feeling satisfied enough throughout the day, I'll replace a shake with some real food.

I love almond milk! I've never been a milk drinker, so I use almond milk wherever I can. It's made from almonds and it's usually in the health food section of the grocery store, with the soy & rice milk. (unrefrigerated) It comes sweetened & unsweetened and in original, chocolate and vanilla. I usually stick to the unsweetened original, it's 40 calories per cup and has a mild almond flavor. If I'm using it for Cereal, I usually add a little splenda to sweeten it up. It's not expensive, and I love that I can keep it in my pantry until I open it, so I always have some and don't have to worry about it going bad.

Edited by cristina

I just had a .1cc fill to take me back to a more comfortable level where I wasnt looking for food an hour after a meal - even though I'm maintaining and have been for 18 months.

Today I had:

Breakfast - 2 slices of low fat cheese

lunch: - 2 Ryvita crispbreads (wholegrain) with mashed chickpeas, sliced Tomato and a small sprinkle of grated cheese, grilled.

Afternoon snack: a yogurt, half a 30 g packet of sultanas

dinner - shepherd's pie - left over roast lamb and vegies in a gravy topped with mashed potato - about a 3/4 cup serve. Glass of red wine.

Later: a small snack pack of tinned fruit.< /p>

Hi! Here's how my days usually go:

9:00 am - Protein smoothie - 200 calories

1/2 banana, 1/4 c. strawberries, 3oz. unsweetened almond milk, 3 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice, 2 scoops Protein Powder, splenda & ice

12:00 pm - Ham & Swiss roll up - 120 calories

3:00 pm - Adkins Protein Shake - 160 calories

I love the milk chocolate delight flavor

6:00 pm - chicken & lowfat cheese - 140 calories

8:00 pm - pizza (that's what I call it :lol: - 90 calories

9:00 pm - SF pudding & FF Whipped Cream - 90 calories

I vary this one up, sometimes it's Sugar Free Chocolate mousse, sometimes it's a fruit cup... just depends on how many calories I have left for the day.

That's about 800 calories for the day, which is where I try to stay, I hope this helps anyone looking for some new ideas!

Wherebdo you get the turkey pepperoni from?

Most grocery stores around here carry it... it's Hormel brand. I've gotten it at HEB, Kroger, Randall's and Wal-Mart.

This is an awesome post!

Cristina, I never thought of cooking the canned chicken. Brilliant! lol. I really like what your diet looks like.

I love the Almond soy milk also. It's delicious mixed with my GNC Protein Shakes. I add half almond soy milk & half Water. It's delicious and I love that it lasts a really long time. I always buy 3 or 4 at a time.

I also like the idea of sipping a Protein Drink all day long. That is when the slimfast Protein shakes come in handy. I am going to try that. sometimes I just to to the fridge LOOKING for something. That will hit the spot. Not a slimfast fan because of the lower protein content, but they sure are delicious. :smile2: