Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

am off the rails again.

Well I have been so bad of late,i have been to embarresed to come in here. Had more taken out. so for the past few months have had 2mls, then 1 ml then 2mls again. i cant stand it i want to be back up to 6 mls where i was before, but when ever my dr fills me up to quickly i just get soooo stuck that i cant even swallow my own saliva to the point that he has to remove again. So basically i feel as though i am starting the whole process again. and i have put on over 2kgs it is really effecting my self esteem and my confidence. i dont want to be fat again. but i seem to be making wrong food choices again. i just need to be good and stay focused, i have an appointment on the 7th may for another fill. but i will see if he will see me every 2 weeks untill i get back up to where i was. I have to do something and fast.

We've all been there, it happens to all of us. I'm a bit the same at the moment, I'd hate to admit what's gone down my cake hole in the last few days. I'm going for a fill on Thursday.

I had the same thing, I didnt get REALLY tight but just a bit for comfort and I convinced myself that I needed a bit out. Which I did, got relief but the the whole last 12 months has been much more of a struggle to maintain, I've dealt with head hunger and appetite the whole time. I havent gained anything significant, thanks to running about 700 miles a day. But I'm probably a kg or two heavier than I was at this time last year and its better to act now!

For me, the tightness was transient, in hindsight I should have waited it out because I'm back at the same level and can easily, and I mean easily, eat an entire sandwich. Which in and of itself is not so problematic, but the appetite that comes with it is. So I'm going to have a tiny fill. And then another if I need to. I've farted around way too long complaining about wanting to have lost just 10 more lb without actually using the band for what it is meant to be used for - well filled you can eat little enough to lose weight! I guess I just kind of feel I shouldnt need it this far down the track and that my doc is going to scold me for wanting to lose more weight.

What more can you do? Just approach that good restriction cautiously and slowly and keep up a lot of exercise, which works wonders to preventing weight gain. I guess you ARE starting again in a sense but if you cant take the fast aggressive fills then no amount of trying to is going to work for you, you'll just end up unfilled again. Slow and steady wins the race.

Oh, and did I mention exercise! Its your number one weapon in preventing regain.

Bindi,

DEMAND a fill under flouro! After 6, yes SIX fills, I finally threw a hissy-fit and got my fill like that. It has made sooo much difference. He filled me up until we could see that everything stopped going through, then he backed off just 1/2 cc. It isn't perfect yet, but it's one heck of alot better!

Hang in there girl. I haven't lost much, but at least I've lost. :smile:

I havent gained anything significant, thanks to running about 700 miles a day......

Oh, and did I mention exercise! Its your number one weapon in preventing regain.

Impressive! :smile:

I have been having fill issues as well. I had a defill 2 months ago of 0.5ml because I could hardly drink my Water. Now i just had the 0.5 put back in yesterday and it didn't do anything as of yet. Remember that your body takes to fills differently then other bandsters on this site and don't compare yourself to them (it can be really discouraging) I am taking it slow now, i'm not going to rush it anymore, take care of your body and don't push your band it could backfire on you. I would love to lose my weight in a year but I have come to the conclusion that I will be a slow loser for now while my body and mind figure this band out. I am now just trying to find my "sweet spot" and hopefully get to a place where I lose a lb a week.

Good Luck :smile:

Canadiangirl is on the money - we are all different. For a while, I was beating myself up because I was losing so much slower than other people on here. My doctor is very conservative with fills and will not do fills any closer than 30 days and then if I am losing more than 1 lb per week, he won't do a fill. I talked to my doctor about it and read a good book about the band and now I understand more. Losing slowly is not a bad thing. Taking the fills slowly is in fact a good thing because I am learning a new lifestyle in baby steps.

I have found that after a fill I almost have to go back to liquids for a few days and then mushies and then start some solid foods. Even then from day to day how much I can tolerate changes. The past few days I can hardly get anything down before I am full and it has been over a month since my last fill.

One other KEY for me in avoiding sticks is taking small bites. I try to think about putting a small bite on my fork and then only take half of that. I have heard many people talk about chewing and it is important for me to the most important for me is small bites.

I hope all that helps! Hang in there! I loaned my book out and I can't remember the name but if you are interested in knowing the name, let me know and I will find out.

I would love to know the name of the book. Seems like I do better when I can read about the ins and outs of something