Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Easter was tough, overeating, eating wrong, vomiting

Here is the story for the last 2 months or so. So over the last 2 months, expecially the last 4 weeks, I have been eating way to much. A couple times to the point of being extremely uncomfortable. I have been eating to many slider foods.

Right now....

I have 6 cc in a 14 cc band.

I get up and have my coffee, my 2 eggs in the morning, a healthy choice meal or similar for lunch and I have no problems and everything is comfortable and I stay not hungry for a little while. So here is the weird thing. I cook dinner, I sit down with the fam and start to eat slow and try to eat very small bites etc. I eat untill I feel full, but it is not feeling full like normal, it comes on with no warning and I am just very uncomfortable. I stop immediately (which I have had to teach myself to do). I leave the table and think I am ok. But then, I start the slime and have to have a cup near by and then, I have to run to the bathroom, and about half of meal comes back up.:wub:

I am not sure what to think of this. I thought that we were tighter in the morning, not at night.

I am kind of lost on what to think now. I have made mistakes with my band and I want to make them right now. I want to be ok. I want to stop the slider foods. I want to stop the eating to much.

I don't think I have stretched my pouch or band, it almost feels like I have done the opposite.

Now one thing could be that I have 5 kids and dinner time is usually stressful. Maybe I am tensing up at supper time?

Please, any feedback would be so appreciated! thanks so much.

You may be on to something with the stress. I can not take the least bit of stress anytime near mealtime. Also I don't even want my DH to talk to me while I am eating because I always have issues if I am distracted.

For me, things like stress, distraction, being in a hurry or being overly hungry cause me to slime much more frequently than my eating methods do.

Edited by Jodi_620

Thanks a bunch for replying. I know I am not alone in this. Now I just need my kids to chill.:sneaky:

I have definitely learned that it is important that I not be near any stress, chaos, or rushed environment when I am eating. I cannot eat driving, nor should I,lol. I think stress plays a significant role on how our bodies respond. I am glad I am not alone in this. I am usually on the go, so basically the band has slowed me down in the sense of taking my time eating. I hope that now you feel better when eating , knowing what works, and doesn't work for you.

It might seem weird, but it may be watching others eat. I will cook for my husband, let him start, then I will get my small plate. My husband eats quickly, which I noticed increased my pace. Eating too fast will make you throw up.

I agree with the stress at meal times issue. I hadn't been warned of that before I got banded but finally realized it on my own when everytime my father called me during dinner time it felt like my stomach had a vise around it.

One other thing that I suggest. Measure out your food before you start. This way you will know that you are not overeating. This helps me. Good luck.

I also have trouble, AM having trouble with stress. I have two kids in college, which translates to $ issues, have to finish my dissertation by June, and teach. Just typing it all makes me stressed. I am committing tonight to getting back on the boards to find support. I have gained some weight back, have developed serious reflux, and need to focus again on following the rules. Oh yeah, and fit exercise back in again. I planned on waiting until after teaching year was over and I had also graduated with my degree to get things back right between me and my band, but I feel so sick and tired at this point, I have to start now. I am looking for help, advice, support, comrades, etc.

this week is the first time i experienced the vomiting and "lovely" slime. It scared me but i'm grateful for the reminder that i'm eating too much or too fast. does anybody know what this (slime) is exactly and why it takes so long to stop?

I am noticeably, definitely tighter at night than in the morning and always have been. If there's going to be a meal I get stuck on or cant even eat more than a few bites of, its dinner. And the stress from kids doesnt help, I have the same issue sometimes.