Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just ate a whole frozen pizza-no hate mail please!

I was banded Dec 17th. Didnt get my 1st fill until early March(doctor is sort of an idiot!) and that 1st fill I only felt restricted a little bit. Yes, I am calling tomorrow, to say "hello?! need another fill!" I can't believe this! this is my only meal of the day(weekends are bad to stick to 3 meals a day for me). Just wanted some + input here. I know I should have stopped at 1-2 slices. But unfortunately there is no surgery for emotional eating. I hardly ever feel physical hunger, its all in my head mostly(hence the emotional eating) Soooo, do you think I need another fill? or to kick my own arse!? love you all thanks for all of your help and support! oh, and I am at 211-213 or 208 on a good day :thumbdown: and started out at 250 before surgery. So I AM on my way!

I think you just need another fill

I just posted and so do want to repeat myself

but it took 4 fills to have restriction and without good restriction we can still eat and old eating habbits are right there ready to come back

Emotional eating can also be reduced when your brain has a satiated content feeling - this occurs when you band pressed on the stomach nerves to trigger those sensations. So if you an emotional eater, you needed to well on your way to fills before now. Be your own advocate, get confident and call your doctor and get an appointment. Don't take no for an answer -- they work for you!

Thanks for your replies! I cant wait for tomorrow so I can call and request a fill! its depressing to be at a planteau already when I had wl surgery! They told me I wont be able to tolerate bread etc....well it doenst bother me at all now! Sometimes its hard to get into my surgeon too.....so hopefully I can get in soon! thanks again! :thumbdown: wishing you all skinny and healthy days ahead!

yes you are so right! and I have been having more of an attitude with my surgeon, he can be so arrogant sometimes!

If you can go all day without eating and then eat a pizza, I actually dont think you necessarily need a fill, I do think you need to "kick your own ass". If you ate regularly and properly, then the pizza would be MUCH easier to avoid. If you eat properly all day and THEN eat a pizza, that's when you need a fill.

Ok, so being able to fit the pizza in may be indicative of suboptimal restriction, for sure. But that's not the real problem in this case is it?

This isnt hate mail, god, I'm as prone to this as the next person, I do it too. But no amount of fill is EVER going to totally stop the emotional eating, just limit the damage you can do with it. Eating regularly, sensibly and properly is very important with the band, but sheesh, the occasional breakout will not kill you either. You have a whole life to lead and its not like you'll never pig out again! Dont be too hard on yourself, but examine the reasons why this happened.

Eat is what I say. Those who get the band have usually failed time and time and time and time again at dieting.

So it's no wonder you would eat a whole pizza if you have no restriction. This isn't rocket science.

Just do what you can to modify your behavior and do rely on the band to help you lose weight.

One day....and soon you will have 3 bites of pizza and be full.

you are right jachut, if I was eating in front of someone, then I would have moderated my eating out of shame and still would have been satisfied with a piece or 2. but since no one was looking, what the heck, didnt want it to go to waste....so i ate the whole dang thing! so youre right, its probably not a fill i need, but to be fulfilled in some other way:) but im kinda confused, i can see both perspectives here, so im going to call my doctors office tomorrow and see what they say, of course i dont tell them about my eating habits! they wouldnt give me a fill even if i needed one! they are really strict there! i really dont feel my stomach growl anymore, unless i havent eaten for hours and hours, but then its a different kind of growl than before the band, almost like i can go all day and not eat!

Eat is what I say. Those who get the band have usually failed time and time and time and time again at dieting.

So it's no wonder you would eat a whole pizza if you have no restriction. This isn't rocket science.

Just do what you can to modify your behavior and do rely on the band to help you lose weight.

One day....and soon you will have 3 bites of pizza and be full.

so do you think i need a fill? i looked my paperwork over my 1st fill was 3/09 less than a month ago. when i first got it i felt more restriction.

and lapbandtalker, when you say 3 bites and soon....what do you mean? after fills? just curious

Did you workout afterwards? lol. Hey it happens. We will have setbacks but we will get there.

Just make sure you stick to your diet the rest of the week and do some extra exercising.

Not to worry, just get back to eating healthy and chewing a lot with each bite. I am addicted to ice cream all of a sudden so I finished my carton tonight and I am giving it up! I ate all I wanted during lent and now I am done! I just bought some sugar free tropical flavor popsicles. Hope this helps me and you some!

Do you ever get the feeling that the food is backed up and "stuck" near the top of your stomach. It HURTS! Since my last fill in February, it has been like this but I don't want to have any taken out. HELP anyone else have this feeling?

OMG, I thought you ate the pizza FROZEN! not cooked. I was thinking, oh gosh poor thing. lol.

don't beat yourself up! s --t happens!

I have one word for you - PROTEIN!

Find a good Protein shake you like and let em rip! Keeping up with the protien will help curb that binge feeling.

:thumbdown: