Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you need to lose those pounds you've gained?

Want, that is fantastic news! I’m so glad that you are still feeling restriction! It sounds like it just might have been the tech missing your port last time, or maybe when he unfilled to check how much was in there he did forget to put it all back in. Strange as it may seem!!

You might want to, just for right now stick with liquids for maybe a day or so until your swelling goes down. It sounds like you had a pretty bad episode with the Jerky. I’ve never had problems with jerky TG because I just love it! I can get by with just an oz of it and be good for a quick fix until dinner, or I will drink a slim fast first, and then top it off with that. It seems to be carrying me all the way until dinner time! That is so wonderful, and I’m enjoying this very much.

Congrats also on your fullness!! That is so awsome and I do hope it helps to get your scale to co-operate!! :rolleyes2:

JR, hello! Thanks for joining us. J

Regarding the Slim Shots, I just pop one open and get it down my throat as quickly as possible. They taste pretty bad! Then I swish some Water through my mouth to get some of that taste out. Right after taking it, I’ll eat a meal (which the box suggests to do) and I seem to fill up pretty fast. Even faster than with just my band! I really like that because I seem to eat more than I should. Of course it is still way less than pre-band; it’s still more than I think my body needs for survival. Since doing this, included with discontinuing my steroidal inhaler and plenty of exercise, I’m starting a downward trend again. I’m pretty wary though this time. It’s familiar territory, and one in which I seem to keep finding myself in. It’s like I’m in some kind of crazy revolving door! Enough already!!

I’m going down for good this time. I will be back down to that 227 that I left so long ago now. LOL!! I think I want to see that 227 more than I want to see that darned 199 for goodness sake! Heh, anyway, I’ll let you know when I get there. ;o)

The reason I’m telling you all this is because, as you can see I can feel your pain. Yours is a revolving 5 pounds, mine is 10. Ten up and ten down... 145-155 over and over and over…. Blah!

Thanks for asking about the interview, very sweet! J Unfortunately I don’t qualify for the position. I still need to take a few more classes to be reachable… It’s pretty sad too because I believe I was the top candidate. I sent my interviewer an email later that day after my interview explaining all the classes I have, vs. how many I should have. She replied and said, it didn’t look very good but she would investigate. Now one thing I know is, a manager won’t “investigate” unless they want to bring you aboard. I know though it won’t happen. There really is no getting around that, unfortunately.

As a side note too, I want to reiterate that loving my band has not much do to at all with this thread. I TOO STILL LOVE MY BAND!! It has helped me in so many different ways, like preventing some serious weight gain. True I gained, but in the grandest scheme, it’s tantamount to what I could put on. Trust me, I know. I’ve gained 120 in one year before. Well, it’s been a year since I’ve stopped losing and it could be so much worse than my 30 right now.

Pbrown, its really hard to get to the sweet spot. I guage mine by how much I can eat, not by how hungry I get or how fast. I’m pretty tight and I have a darnedest time eating (slow and chewing to hog heaven), yet I still seem to get stuck pretty easily. I just don’t think the band works exactly the same for everyone. I wish I was one of the lucky ones where the band helps to suppress hunger, but I’m not. That is why I have decided to find alternatives to do that for me. IDK, I just have a really hard time ignoring my hunger pains.

*sigh*

Welcome BTW!!

want, today is day 12 and no chips!! OMG I'm actually doing it, I can't believe it! The longest other time that I know I recorded going without chips I believe was 35 or so days. That's a good long time, and for some strange reason I brok that and have been eating them ever since. I believe it was April of last year even. I lost about 20 Lbs. that month too... so sad I gained it back. :crying:

But, today is a new day and I won't dwell on the past. I will only look to my future and and what I can do to improve my attitude and my willingness to succeed.

That is a wonderful idea to cut out the Reese's. Make sure you count the days, I do and it seems to work wonders for me. Almost like how an alcoholic counts the time in from their last sip. That is exactly what it is for me, and addiction. I won't down play it any more than a drug addict should. It not easy but I have to do it, for a better me!!

So far I have been doing an excellent job. I just got back not to long ago from my 2.25 mile walk at lunch time. The sun is starting to blaze here in CA so I might need to consider upping the time which I go out there. I feel overheated by the time I get back. I'm sure the smaller I get the better that will be, as far as overheating. Too much padding = too much over heating!! :rolleyes2: LOL!!

I'm doing so good even that I'm making sure I'm even splitting my healthy Snacks into servings. I took my almonds and made them into 1/4 cup servings which is one serving. It's about 28 almonds. I know it sounds like alot, but when your eating them, trust me it's not!! Haha!! :laugh::laugh:

All week I have had my small dinners too. I had two Lean Cuisines on Monday and Wednesday. Then on Tuesday I had a half sandwhich and a bowl of Soup. Not bad! It's starting to show finally on the scale. I was starting to think I was never going to lose weight again. I won't let that stop me though, I won't take a breather until I'm under 200 Lbs. I'll need to let my mind catch up to my body. I don't know what happened before but when I lost all that weight so quickly, my mind just flipped a switch! It was kind of scary to be honest and I did lots of things I wouldn't normally do. I think it was also a major contributor to my gain (along with BC pills) and falling off the wagon.

I won't let it happen again though, ever! I have way too much at stake, and I need to take care of myself. Many people depend on me for that. I have to LOVE me too!!

One thing I have been working on specifically is ensuring I'm getting enough Fiber in my diet. I'm eating more whole grain cereals, along with the milk. That is a great meal packed with Protein, Vitamin D and Fiber. Being a bandster a tiny bowl makes it. It makes me feel good! A good snack also is the Fiber One Cereal bars. They are about 170 calories, so I break it in half and mix it in my FF yogurt. It's really delicious and there again is that Protein/Fiber mix! I think when I'm regular, I feel "normal"... LOL!! I don't know, I just feel more energetic and ready to take on any task. :angry:

Now again I'm usually really good during the week. It's the weekends that I have the most trouble. Wish me luck because it starts in about 2 hours. :crying:

Oh, one more thing I noticed a few of us had in common. Doritoes are my chip downfall & unfortunately we always have them in my house because they are all 4 of our kids favorite chip too. Also Reese's PB cups are my main chocolate weekness. And with Easter just past us you know I had to get some of those Peanut Butter eggs & bunnies. Y'all have helped me stay positive today so keep up the good work. Good luck to us all!

Oh, yeah, & weekends are my trouble time too. It starts with after we get off work we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Then Saturday & Sunday I just want to snack all day.

missdiva- great job on your walk! i hardly ever take a lunch break, but am thinking maybe i should so i could walk then. that would be nice. i bought a can of planters nut-rition the south beach diet mix. it has cashews, almonds, and macadamia nuts w/ sea salt. 21 pieces to a serving. it has 170 calories per serving though.

jrfan- i am like you and missdiva too. during the week i am pretty darn good. the weekend comes, and not so good! especially the weekends my husband is at work. i really need to work on it. i think too, now that i have restriction, its not gonna be such a struggle.

i am irritated with myself. i went home and we did a bunch of stuff outside. i started feeling sick to my stomach. well all that energy and great mood i was feeling flew out the window. i basically just crashed. i was so tired! i was like a zombie getting the kids and hubby dinner. i didnt even try to eat. i sat on the couch and went to sleep. i woke up to help kids to bed and was back out again.

i have been exhausted tired like that alot lately. so much so its starting to bother me. i feel really drowsy and dopey, but i havent taken anything. even now, sitting at my desk, i feel like that. like i have taken a pain killer. if i sit here long enough i start nodding off! its such a weird feeling. i kinda sorta mentioned it to my husband and he agreed its really weird. he said i go to sleep so fast and so deep. he has tried to wake me up a few times on the couch this week to go to the room and he cant get me to. i dont even remember him doing this! i know that i have done that before, not remembered him trying to wake me up, but not like this! its strange.

i was hoping to try to catch up on some sleep this weekend but we have regional boxing for the boys. i hope they kick some butt! i told them each that i would give them 50 bucks if they win their fights. 25 to spend, 25 to their savings account. plus an extra 25 if they make the kid bleed. lol, nice mom huh? i just want them to motivated. i dont really want the other kid to get hurt or anything. i would never wish that on their opponents. these kids are amazing athletes with so much potential. i am amazed at each fight at their strength and determination. i can not do the workout that my boys do. can not! its crazy! i try to do it myself at home and they just laugh cuz i cant keep up. they are 9 and 10! oh well, at least i am trying.

i am coming to vent/cry/whine or whatever you want to call it. here i was tuesday bawling over the possibility of a leak. now i sit here in tears because i am super tight today. i feel like i did when i very first got the band.

this morning i sipped my way through almost a cup of coffee. thought i better try something w/ Protein so i made a carnation instant Breakfast w/ fat free milk. good and healthy, right? two sips, TWO SIPS, and i can feel it stopped. wth? so i stop. and i slimed for hours! i have no idea why! well, besides that the band must be tight. i mean, why else? finally it stopped. but stupid me decided i should try eating lunch. why WHY WHY didnt i just have the Soup i brought? no, i decided to try a bite of salad. wrong idea. bad idea. OH THE PAIN! and the slime. OMG, THE SLIME! i swear to goodness i have produced more slime today then i did from august of last year to yesterday! lol, i am a machine! and just as i type this am i finding relief. so that sliming episode lasted hours too. no more today! i am on liquids. and not milky/creamy ones either. that was hell. think i will stick w/ crystal light and some powerade/gatorade. maybe try some Protein drinks or Soup tomorrow.

and you know what, i like to eat. lol, yes i know, that is what got me here. but do you know what i mean? even a little of something would be better then this nothing thing. and its so weird because yesterday i ate Jerky. and was fine. very small amount of it, but still, it was ok.

i am just feeling icky and tired and frustrated. i dont know really. all around just ick, ya know? the scale was down again this morning. thats a nice sight to see. as long as it doesnt start creepin back like it has been!

hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Edited by want_so_bad

I'm truly grateful that I came across this thread.....I was banded last June and have lost 50 lbs. I'm at the lowest I've been in my entire 16 yr marriage. It's awesome, however I seem to have reached a plateau - haven't lost anything in a few weeks. I keep going up and down the same 2 or 3 lbs, but can't seem to break that 50lb mark. It's frustrating. ALTHOUGH, I must admit, it's my own fault...i eat stuff i absolutely KNOW I shouldn't. I do not allow myself to stop when my band says STOP ALREADY. I feel like I need to 'start all over' so to speak. As if it was my first days and weeks immediately after my surgery. I need a jump-start again and I need to re-program my brain, I think.

I've said this before, but the encouragement on these boards is overwhelming and fabulous! Thank you everyone for those encouraging words.

It's 4 in the morning and here I sit searching this site for some inspiration. I think this thread was calling me! I'm going to try to make this short and sweet, but here is my story :

I got my band on Jan.8, 2008. At the 6 month point I had lost 65 pounds! I couldn't have been more happy. Then life decided to take some not so fun turns. My husband was in a car accident and after months of trying physical therapy and medications and anything you could think of, he ended up having back surgery in July. 4 weeks later they did a 2nd surgery because he ended up getting MRSA which set in to the disc and vertebra in his back and spread to his hip. I think the MRSA nearly killed him. I lost almost 15 more pounds from the stress of the situation. It has been 8 months since his 2nd surgery and he is still unable to work and probably will never be able to return to the same type of work again. All of this has put the weight of the world on my shoulders. Oh poor me, right! I keep trying to remind myself that it could be worse. At any rate, I have forgotten about taking care of me because he needed me and my kids needed me, so I put myself on the back burner. My lowest weight was 182.5. I guess I have been on a vacation from my healthier lifestyle because now my scale has crept back up over 200. ;) How could I let myself gain back over 20 pounds????? I SWORE I would NEVER go over 200 pounds ever again! I have been beating myself up so bad which has led to just stuffing more food in my mouth that I know I shouldn't! Junk food has become my friend. It is easy.

OK, I have admitted to having gained the weight. Now it is time to get back on track. I'm so glad I found you all. I'm looking forward to checking in here and knowing there are people out there that won't judge and who might just understand my struggle.

Here is my first goal..... I want to get back to onederland!

WHAT IS PB? I've heard that term quite few times and I don't know what it is?;)

Oh, one more thing I noticed a few of us had in common. Doritoes are my chip downfall & unfortunately we always have them in my house because they are all 4 of our kids favorite chip too. Also Reese's PB cups are my main chocolate weekness. And with Easter just past us you know I had to get some of those Peanut Butter eggs & bunnies. Y'all have helped me stay positive today so keep up the good work. Good luck to us all!
Oh, yeah, & weekends are my trouble time too. It starts with after we get off work we go to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Then Saturday & Sunday I just want to snack all day.

I personally think Doritos must put something in them to make people so addicted. Seriously! I mean think about it, when you think about them and your brain is lighting up saying “oh just one, JUST ONE!!” LOL!! Of course we all know it would never be ‘just one’.

JRF, I’m so glad you found this thread! It has been helping several of us, and of course this is a NONJUDGEMENTAL zone! All we want to do here is help each other, and pick each other up when needed.

You sound a lot like me with the dinner and then it turns into a weekend of pleasure! LOL!! OMG, I need to stop doing that. Thursday night is my good dinner night. From then on, I’m just going full steam ahead with all the delightful delectable foods I can get my hands on. It’s moments like that I thank my lucky stars for my band!

missdiva- great job on your walk! i hardly ever take a lunch break, but am thinking maybe i should so i could walk then. that would be nice. i bought a can of planters nut-rition the south beach diet mix. it has cashews, almonds, and macadamia nuts w/ sea salt. 21 pieces to a serving. it has 170 calories per serving though.

jrfan- i am like you and missdiva too. during the week i am pretty darn good. the weekend comes, and not so good! especially the weekends my husband is at work. i really need to work on it. i think too, now that i have restriction, its not gonna be such a struggle.

i am irritated with myself. i went home and we did a bunch of stuff outside. i started feeling sick to my stomach. well all that energy and great mood i was feeling flew out the window. i basically just crashed. i was so tired! i was like a zombie getting the kids and hubby dinner. i didnt even try to eat. i sat on the couch and went to sleep. i woke up to help kids to bed and was back out again.

i have been exhausted tired like that alot lately. so much so its starting to bother me. i feel really drowsy and dopey, but i havent taken anything. even now, sitting at my desk, i feel like that. like i have taken a pain killer. if i sit here long enough i start nodding off! its such a weird feeling. i kinda sorta mentioned it to my husband and he agreed its really weird. he said i go to sleep so fast and so deep. he has tried to wake me up a few times on the couch this week to go to the room and he cant get me to. i dont even remember him doing this! i know that i have done that before, not remembered him trying to wake me up, but not like this! its strange.

i was hoping to try to catch up on some sleep this weekend but we have regional boxing for the boys. i hope they kick some butt! i told them each that i would give them 50 bucks if they win their fights. 25 to spend, 25 to their savings account. plus an extra 25 if they make the kid bleed. lol, nice mom huh? i just want them to motivated. i dont really want the other kid to get hurt or anything. i would never wish that on their opponents. these kids are amazing athletes with so much potential. i am amazed at each fight at their strength and determination. i can not do the workout that my boys do. can not! its crazy! i try to do it myself at home and they just laugh cuz i cant keep up. they are 9 and 10! oh well, at least i am trying.

i am coming to vent/cry/whine or whatever you want to call it. here i was tuesday bawling over the possibility of a leak. now i sit here in tears because i am super tight today. i feel like i did when i very first got the band.

this morning i sipped my way through almost a cup of coffee. thought i better try something w/ Protein so i made a carnation instant Breakfast w/ fat free milk. good and healthy, right? two sips, TWO SIPS, and i can feel it stopped. wth? so i stop. and i slimed for hours! i have no idea why! well, besides that the band must be tight. i mean, why else? finally it stopped. but stupid me decided i should try eating lunch. why WHY WHY didnt i just have the Soup i brought? no, i decided to try a bite of salad. wrong idea. bad idea. OH THE PAIN! and the slime. OMG, THE SLIME! i swear to goodness i have produced more slime today then i did from august of last year to yesterday! lol, i am a machine! and just as i type this am i finding relief. so that sliming episode lasted hours too. no more today! i am on liquids. and not milky/creamy ones either. that was hell. think i will stick w/ crystal light and some powerade/gatorade. maybe try some Protein drinks or soup tomorrow.

and you know what, i like to eat. lol, yes i know, that is what got me here. but do you know what i mean? even a little of something would be better then this nothing thing. and its so weird because yesterday i ate Jerky. and was fine. very small amount of it, but still, it was ok.

i am just feeling icky and tired and frustrated. i dont know really. all around just ick, ya know? the scale was down again this morning. thats a nice sight to see. as long as it doesnt start creepin back like it has been!

hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement! Wow, I feel so great when I make sure I get my butt out there to get some sunshine and good exercise. I really do!

The whole eating thing on the weekends might be something we struggle with for our whole lives. I believe though that if we have more good moments than bad moments, then we are on the right track. I don’t believe in being perfect! No way! Of course there are a few things I know I can never eat anymore (yes, I’m talking to you Mr. Doritos!) because it’s cause for a big downfall. I cannot stop eating them once I give myself that “inch”. Know what I mean? It’s like a freight train full steam ahead! Before I know it, I’ve consumed way more than I should have and then I get all that Water retention, weight gain, etc… Ugh! Enough of that already!

I don’t mind the 170 calories for the nuts, it’s a healthy fat and calories, but it’s also best for me not to indulge too much! Those calories add up fast! Grrr… Oh, and they are soooo goooood!!!

Your tiredness might be a result of not getting enough nutrients. It’s really important to get all of our required daily allowances. Just though I’d bring to your attention it sounds like you’re not able to do that anymore since your fill. If it doesn’t let up soon, it might be a good idea to seek a slight unfills. I’ve heard that even as little as .25cc might do the trick. Most likely since you have been unfilled for so long, it would have been better to start in increments again instead of a huge one all at once. I don’t know, I’m of course not a doctor, just a suggestion. I just don’t like the idea of you sounding like that! J

How did the boxing go for your boys? How did they do??

I'm truly grateful that I came across this thread.....I was banded last June and have lost 50 lbs. I'm at the lowest I've been in my entire 16 yr marriage. It's awesome, however I seem to have reached a plateau - haven't lost anything in a few weeks. I keep going up and down the same 2 or 3 lbs, but can't seem to break that 50lb mark. It's frustrating. ALTHOUGH, I must admit, it's my own fault...i eat stuff i absolutely KNOW I shouldn't. I do not allow myself to stop when my band says STOP ALREADY. I feel like I need to 'start all over' so to speak. As if it was my first days and weeks immediately after my surgery. I need a jump-start again and I need to re-program my brain, I think.

I've said this before, but the encouragement on these boards is overwhelming and fabulous! Thank you everyone for those encouraging words.

Welcome!

We all get caught up in a little of the eating what we shouldn’t. I especially think this is true for those who have been banded for more than 6 months maybe. After that ‘honeymoon’ phase, it’s so easy to slip back into bad habits. I think what we need to learn is boundaries, and we also need to realize what our ‘trigger’ foods are too. If we avoid those foods that get us into a dangerous place, then it’s best we don’t even eat them. Likely those foods carry no nutritional value, and even if they do, we still should just let them go.

Aside from that, you will have much encouragement here! That’s what this thread is all about. We can have encouragement without negativity!!

It's 4 in the morning and here I sit searching this site for some inspiration. I think this thread was calling me! I'm going to try to make this short and sweet, but here is my story :

I got my band on Jan.8, 2008. At the 6 month point I had lost 65 pounds! I couldn't have been more happy. Then life decided to take some not so fun turns. My husband was in a car accident and after months of trying physical therapy and medications and anything you could think of, he ended up having back surgery in July. 4 weeks later they did a 2nd surgery because he ended up getting MRSA which set in to the disc and vertebra in his back and spread to his hip. I think the MRSA nearly killed him. I lost almost 15 more pounds from the stress of the situation. It has been 8 months since his 2nd surgery and he is still unable to work and probably will never be able to return to the same type of work again. All of this has put the weight of the world on my shoulders. Oh poor me, right! I keep trying to remind myself that it could be worse. At any rate, I have forgotten about taking care of me because he needed me and my kids needed me, so I put myself on the back burner. My lowest weight was 182.5. I guess I have been on a vacation from my healthier lifestyle because now my scale has crept back up over 200. :rolleyes: How could I let myself gain back over 20 pounds????? I SWORE I would NEVER go over 200 pounds ever again! I have been beating myself up so bad which has led to just stuffing more food in my mouth that I know I shouldn't! Junk food has become my friend. It is easy.

OK, I have admitted to having gained the weight. Now it is time to get back on track. I'm so glad I found you all. I'm looking forward to checking in here and knowing there are people out there that won't judge and who might just understand my struggle.

Here is my first goal..... I want to get back to onederland!

Mamato3 Welcome to our little family!

It is so easy to get sidetracked, in fact your story sounds very familiar – hmmm… Heh, well it was me. Not the same circumstances of course, but my personal life took a negative turn. Within that I ended up losing ground, and gaining weight back. It was so devastating! Okay excuse me while I wipe my teardrops! Now that I have said that, I have to try to remember where I left off. Even if I did take some steps backward, it’s okay. That is why I created this thread! I think the more of us that get together and stick it out until we reach goal, the better! We can do this!

Don’t beat yourself up, you went through some seriously emotional moments. I think majority of us would have ended up in the same result, to be honest. Losing a husband or the fear of it is a huge major deal, and one I don’t even like thinking about… L You did great though, just consider how much more you could have gained without your little friend, the Lap band? It could have been much worse, really.

Now that you are ready to get back into it, we are here for you! Good luck on a speedy race back to onederland! I never quite made it to onederland, but this time I’m gonna meet you there. :-D

WHAT IS PB? I've heard that term quite few times and I don't know what it is?

Princesa, PB is a Productive Burp. When your food gets lodged in your throat, and you feel that food “dragging” – then all of a sudden it comes back up.

Mine does happen during a “burp” if you will. I’ve heard others mentioning a slime that comes along with it. I have never experienced any slime, but I’m glad to be honest!

HTH

Well now that the weekend is over I guess it’s time to get back to business as usual!

I was a bad girl this weekend. Well, for the most part… I would be good all the way up until lunch hour and then I would backslide. My scale showed it too. I ended up gaining a whole pound in that time. But… thank goodness it wasn’t more! It could always be worse is what I try to tell myself. How do I know? Well I gained almost 200 Lbs in a matter of 5 years (maybe less), that’s how! I know I was on a tear – a good one – or however you want to phrase it. I know one thing is for sure though, I WILL NEVER AGAIN allow myself to get like that.

This time was different… I caught it and now I’m trying with all of my might to take a hold on those reigns and bring it back in. I don’t think I’m doing too badly, and I will definitely not let any of my setbacks end this journey for me. The journey only ends when I reach Kingdom Come!

So, today I have been a very VERY good girl. J Yay me! I’m drinking all my water; I’m setting my food rations for the day and I’m sticking to it! I got my walk in already even. Whoop! I feel really good! The reason I went out so early was it’s getting so warm here in California already. I love it though, truly! I’m a Cali Girl through and through.

It is also that time for me. I can feel the cravings rearing it’s ugly head. It’s no wonder I had such a terrible weekend with my eating. I do want to say this though, and it’s a major NSV… I DIDN’T CAVE IN TO THE chips CRAVINGS!! Oh and I wanted so soooo bad! You have no idea, really. In fact, we were all driving to San Francisco to see a Giants Baseball game, and someone in the car had a big bag of Lay’s Potato chips. Hey, don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat those up too given the chance. My brain was all fired up, wanting some of those little devil creations! I could smell em too… oh my… OH MYYYYYY!!! But, I didn’t do it. I closed the bag up and threw em in the back seat. I succeeded! Normally I just eat them and don’t even think about it – but not this time! I did great as far as I’m concerned. Especially knowing that this is TOM, where usually I’m tearing em up! Well, I won’t give up and I won’t give in. So that makes today, DAY 16!! Yeah! Over two weeks and counting!!!!

Right now I’m drinking my Slim Fast shake and I’ll have some Jerky after. I drink my shake first so my belly gets full, then I eat the jerky so it will prevent hunger later.

Here is something I’ve noticed too however and maybe I’m onto something? With those little Slim Shots it seems my entire appetite is different even. The reason I say this is, I didn’t have any on Saturday or Sunday, yet my appetite was crazy. I’m really talking about that head hunger here. But, today I took one again right before my Cereal, and the head hunger seems to be quiet today. It’s a bit strange, but I think (for me) it’s helping with the head hunger too. I haven’t felt any REAL hunger at all yet today, except for right before my cereal.

Well, I guess that’s it for today. I’ll see what the rest of the day holds – and I hope it’s good!

i am finally able to eat today! yippee!. i havent even tried since umm, wednesday of last week. i just kept getting stuck and pb'ing and sliming and it hurt so dang bad. but i am thinking maybe i just needed time for any swelling to go down. i am hopeful anyways. i ate a small bit of chicken salad and chewed until it just disappeared and all was good. i really just want every thing to be better and go forward. i have this stupid thing in my head going on that maybe i have just lost the Fluid and am empty now. but i dont wanna push it and test to see how much i can eat either. so i will just go with this for now.

WTG missdiva w/ the chips. that is awesome. i am proud of you. i have not had any reese's either. and i am going to add snickers and oreo's to that list as well. those have been my weaknesses lately, well, before the fill, so i dont want to even start back into that habit. that is great you stood your ground on your car trip. that is so hard. i always want to snack then too. something to do besides sit there.

my boys both lost this weekend boxing. it sucked. the older one pretty much forgot to show up to fight. i dont know what happened in his head. and the younger one did ok, but again, not to well at all. he was just off. the coaches keep telling me that one day it will just click for him and he will be an incredible little fighter, we just have to hold in until then.

mama- i am sorry you and your family have been going through such hard times. i hope things will be getting better for you. we all understand all too well the emotional eating. i fall into that trip often. its good we can see that and are making the necessary changes. like missdiva said, perfection is not going to happen. keep you chin up and come here whenever you need support or a shoulder!

i am finally able to eat today! yippee!. i havent even tried since umm, wednesday of last week. i just kept getting stuck and pb'ing and sliming and it hurt so dang bad. but i am thinking maybe i just needed time for any swelling to go down. i am hopeful anyways. i ate a small bit of chicken salad and chewed until it just disappeared and all was good. i really just want every thing to be better and go forward. i have this stupid thing in my head going on that maybe i have just lost the Fluid and am empty now. but i dont wanna push it and test to see how much i can eat either. so i will just go with this for now.

WTG missdiva w/ the chips. that is awesome. i am proud of you. i have not had any reese's either. and i am going to add snickers and oreo's to that list as well. those have been my weaknesses lately, well, before the fill, so i dont want to even start back into that habit. that is great you stood your ground on your car trip. that is so hard. i always want to snack then too. something to do besides sit there.

my boys both lost this weekend boxing. it sucked. the older one pretty much forgot to show up to fight. i dont know what happened in his head. and the younger one did ok, but again, not to well at all. he was just off. the coaches keep telling me that one day it will just click for him and he will be an incredible little fighter, we just have to hold in until then.

mama- i am sorry you and your family have been going through such hard times. i hope things will be getting better for you. we all understand all too well the emotional eating. i fall into that trip often. its good we can see that and are making the necessary changes. like missdiva said, perfection is not going to happen. keep you chin up and come here whenever you need support or a shoulder!

Woohoo!! I'm glad to hear your fill is working!! It really sucks not being able to eat good healthy food. I truly miss it when I can't. Once you are used to eating in a certain way, your body actually begins to crave it. It just makes you feel so energetic and ready to take on fight.

Definitely take your time with it. I'm sure it will all turn out to be okay.

How is the candy & oreos coming? Hopefully you're still sticking to it! You're body will love you for it! :)

Well, better luck next time for your boys boxing matches. They'll get it together I'm sure.

So how is everyone else doing? Hanging in there? Need a kick in the pants? Hope you're being good bandsters!

Good morning everyone!

The sun is shining and all life is grand! :)

I'm really sticking to my daily routine. Getting my morning walk in and making sure I'm just doing my slim fasts and oat cereals. My Snacks consist of fresh fruit, and my Slim Shots are really keeping the hunger pains in check.

It is TOM for me so I'm feeling a little extra head hunger, thus it's not as easy as maybe it was last week to stay focused. I always have my workouts to fall back on though. I'm really good about that, and I've been working out regularly for maybe 4 years now.

However one thing I notice is I think my snacking needs to cool some when I'm at home. I've been eating cheez-its not only to squash the cheesy salty flavor I crave, but to shut up the Dorito Demon. It's working, but I still could stand to eat less of them. Am I eating a gross amouint? No, not really - but maybe I can do with them what I do with my Almonds. I can ration them out to one serving baggies. However, being that it's Earth Day today - using a hundred little plastic bags seems selfish!! :thumbup::lol: Seriously, I should just do it right and pull out one serving and put the box away.

I won't totally prevent myself from eating some of the foods I enjoy, as long as I know and realize it's not completely damaging me or causing me to slip away from my better lifestyle. I just have to learn to eat them like a normal person would. Thing is too, when I eat Cheez-It's it doesn't cause a major catastrophe with other foods.

That said, all is well in Irene Land. I'll check in again tomorrow hopefully if the site doesn't crash big time like yesterday!

I am right there with you guys!! I was banded in October 2008 at a starting weight of 237. The lowest I hit was 206. Well I've gained about 4lbs. back, haven't lost any weight in months and I am so fustrated. I know the process was going to be slow but this is discouraging.:) I will not lie, I have falled off the wagon a few times but not enough to not lose and gain some of it back. I know I need another fill but I'm afraid to go to the doctor as I don't want to get "the lecture" about what I should be doing. I'm trying to get back on track and eat lots of low fat Soups, sugarfree Jello, and pretty much a mix of all the stuff I was eating on the post-op diet. Oh yeah, and lots of Water & crystal light. I was a diet coke addict (1 case of soda every other day) and after the surgery I have cut all that out completely as it makes me sick. I try to excercise as much as possiable but I have two girls (11yrs & 5yrs old) that require so much time. Between the both of them, I'm in a Twilight/HighSchoolMusical double hell of my own - HA!HA! Any suggestions on time management and/or juggling so many things at once???:thumbup: