Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you need to lose those pounds you've gained?

Okay I'm not talking about like, 4 or 5 pounds... I'm talking like maybe 15 plus at least. I'm talking a significant weight gain.

Yes it is possible for this to happen! I’m testimony to it. I gained from my lowest since banding of 227, to a current 255. Now before you get on my case, look – I know I blew it. I KNOW! Thank goodness this is a support website where we can all air our grievances without getting an earful from others who have not experienced this. I’m not looking for that. I’m looking for encouragement.

Just a kind request: If you are here to tell me “Get a fill” or have an almighty attitude, please don’t. I really don’t want to hear any of that, and I truly thank you for honoring that in advance. I’m plenty tight, thank you. For that has no bearing when I’m eating ice cream or any other food that just slides right down.

That said, I’ll continue on with what I had in mind.

I gained when I was on birth control pills. I got off of them as soon as I could! They made me want to eat all day long! Now I’ve been stuck at 245-255 for the last several months! I can’t seem to get it right!

But as I’m reading around I’ve noticed a few others like me that for whatever reasons (and I don’t care why it is) have gained some weight back too from their lowest. I don’t think that matters now anyway, as to the why. What is important is that it is accepted and to try to lose that weight again.

Not over and over like I seem to be doing. I really have good intentions, and I will do well, but just until I get to a certain weight and I flux back again. I think it’s usually around “that time”, but heck the buck as got to stop here.

I can’t take it, it’s like torture! I really have what it takes to do it, so I just have TO DO IT.

So if you are in a similar situation as me, and you have gained some weight from your lowest, let’s get together and chat here. Let’s talk about what we are doing to correct it. Let’s talk about and announce our accomplishments and console each other when we have a set back. Let’s put up a ticker or something in our sig lines that are showing we are getting back to where we started! We can do this, if we do it together. I’m not looking for a challenge, the only challenge I face is with me. I just want to have someone to talk to that has similar issues.

I’ve tried almost everything so far. Now I just need some people who can understand what I’m going through.

Edited by LilMissDiva

i haven't gained any of my weight back...but its in the back of my mind everyday!!!!!!!! i know the possibility is there 4 me..u...and every other weight loss patient...so no1 should come down hard on u....u have the right attitude...i can tell by ur post...ur going to do it again!!!!!!! do u ever look at b4 pics??????? when i get the urge 2 not eat what i'm suppose too...i look at the b4 pics posted on the fridge...and then run as fast as possible....lol

i haven't gained any of my weight back...but its in the back of my mind everyday!!!!!!!! i know the possibility is there 4 me..u...and every other weight loss patient...so no1 should come down hard on u....u have the right attitude...i can tell by ur post...ur going to do it again!!!!!!! do u ever look at b4 pics??????? when i get the urge 2 not eat what i'm suppose too...i look at the b4 pics posted on the fridge...and then run as fast as possible....lol

Hi 2Fly! First let me say thank you for not being negative!

You know what? I have never done that, looking at all my before pictures. I don't have too many but I do have a few. I really hated taking pictures back then. :sad:

Maybe I need to do that. I hated myself back then.

me too...i look at my b4 pics...like how did u ever walk around like this...how did u ever think u were pretty...i was misreable...ur #s arent bad at all...u've gained a little...but ur still at a weight that when u get started every pound will make a difference when u take it back off...give urself credit for not letting it get crazy out of control and for nipping it in the bud!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought:

Okay, you d*mn people stop bringing your evil chocolate chocolate chip Cookies to work to share!!!

Ahhh, that felt much better.

Accomplishment: I did NOT eat a cookie! Yah!

Another Accomplishment: Instead I open the fridge and pull out my strawberry Slim Fast. Yum!

(Yes I do like Slim Fast) :sad:

me too...i look at my b4 pics...like how did u ever walk around like this...how did u ever think u were pretty...i was misreable...ur #s arent bad at all...u've gained a little...but ur still at a weight that when u get started every pound will make a difference when u take it back off...give urself credit for not letting it get crazy out of control and for nipping it in the bud!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, thank you! Yeah, I was 330+ Lbs! So yeah, I have alot to be thankful for. Including my band!! It has helped me from gaining ALL my weight back and then some, as has always been the case before. There certainly has been enough time passed that this could have been a possibility.

Congrats to you btw for being so close to goal. You have done excellent yourself! I need to take your advice often. LOL!!

congrats to u too...ur still a loser...i mean that in a good way...dont let any1 come down on u...nothing in life is guaranteed!!!!!!!!!! there is not 1 person on here that is not at risk of gaining back weight...those that think its impossible...r dead wrong...i look forward to seeing ur progress pics soon!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to u too...ur still a loser...i mean that in a good way...dont let any1 come down on u...nothing in life is guaranteed!!!!!!!!!! there is not 1 person on here that is not at risk of gaining back weight...those that think its impossible...r dead wrong...i look forward to seeing ur progress pics soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I do have an album on here in my profile if your interested. The smallest pics of me were when I got to 227. Of course I've gained nearly 30 since then. LOL!!

I think I have some around 250 or something like that, so you can imagine what I look like right now. My avatar is of me about a month ago. It is my face what I look like right now still.

I also believe I have one "before" pic up in there, me in a pink shirt. I do believe I lost some weight when I took that pic too, so its not a true before.

I need to find one....

Accomplishment:

I walked up and down the stairs just now!

Now my knees hurt a little bit... LOL!! But whatever. Anyway, I work in a 16 story building on the 15th floor. So, I always thought I should get used to the stairs.. I mean you never know. Could be an emergency and the elevator could be unusable. I also feel embarrassed when we have a fire drill and I have to wait with the other people who can't go down stairs.

I set my Outlook Calendar to remind me to do this every day at 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM for my breaks. It doesn't hurt to actually get away from my desk and REALLY take a break you know! Right now I'm doing three flights down then up, twice. Next month I'll add an extra flight. Then every month after that I'll add an extra flight all the way up to 15. Then when I'm really good at it I'll add more repetitions.

Just a little goal I have for myself.

Hey I just thought of something...

I would like to invite you to join my discussion also if you've been stalled on your weight loss for awhile. I know some people might be plateaud (I hate using that word because it's softens the blow) for maybe a few months or more.

Maybe you can make a small challenge for yourself and check in here? IDK, just an idea.

EXCELLENT START!!!!!!!!!! i'm telling u u'll c a difference...ur moving in the right direction and thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!

You sound like you are determined to do it. You know what you need to do and you will get it done!!! Have patience.

I fight tooth and nail for every single pound i've lost. I know how easy it is to gain weight. Especially from bc pills! You go!!!

lilmiss-i was so HAPPY to read your post! i am having the same problem. my lowest was 175. well, that is the lowest held consistently. i got to 166, but that was after being sick for a week with a too tight band and not being able to eat anything. anyways...175 was it. i held there w/ an empty band for months. then i had a hysterectomy. and i have gained 10-15 pounds. i do need a fill. since my last one i can eat more, variety and quanity. and the last two days, i have been starving! seriously just hungry. i wont even begin to tell you what i ate yesterday. i havent ate like that since before my band, and that was in 2007! yuck i know. the stranger part is i didnt even feel icky or bloated or anything. i have a better handle on it today. my fill is scheduled tuesday and i am so happy for that. i am refocusing my head on this fill and have to get back to work!

i look forward to having someone to chat with like this.

EXCELLENT START!!!!!!!!!! i'm telling u u'll c a difference...ur moving in the right direction and thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying with all my might!

You sound like you are determined to do it. You know what you need to do and you will get it done!!! Have patience.

I fight tooth and nail for every single pound i've lost. I know how easy it is to gain weight. Especially from bc pills! You go!!!

Yay! Finally someone knows what I'm talking about with those bloody BCP... ugh! Anyway, that was 8 months ago so it's not so much of an excuse anymore. However I thank goodness I've not gained above much more than when I stopped using them.

lilmiss-i was so HAPPY to read your post! i am having the same problem. my lowest was 175. well, that is the lowest held consistently. i got to 166, but that was after being sick for a week with a too tight band and not being able to eat anything. anyways...175 was it. i held there w/ an empty band for months. then i had a hysterectomy. and i have gained 10-15 pounds. i do need a fill. since my last one i can eat more, variety and quanity. and the last two days, i have been starving! seriously just hungry. i wont even begin to tell you what i ate yesterday. i havent ate like that since before my band, and that was in 2007! yuck i know. the stranger part is i didnt even feel icky or bloated or anything. i have a better handle on it today. my fill is scheduled tuesday and i am so happy for that. i am refocusing my head on this fill and have to get back to work!

i look forward to having someone to chat with like this.

want, welcome to this thread! I'm so glad you joined! :sad: Just pop in here, let me know how your doing. Good or bad! I promise I won't give you a bad time ever, just encouragement and much understanding. If anyone knows how tough it can be, it's me.

Anything you wanna say, say it here. Even if it's 20 times per day... I want to know what's working for you and what's not.

With that said, we can do it! Oh yes we can!! :thumbup:

ALL ARE WELCOME HERE!

FINALLY...someone I can relate to. I was banded September 2007, went from 252 down to 192. I was doing really well, then stopped losing. I have not lost any weight in months. I have gained, how much I do not know because I am afraid to get on the scale. I can tell I've gained because my pants are a little more snug then they were. I am filled as much as I can be. That's not the problem. The problem is that I can eat, more so in the late afternoon - evening & I take advantage of it. I am so disgusted. I guess my expectations of myself and this whole process were too high. I do PB sometimes, almost daily to be honest. It's just the evenings that get me. I know we are supposed to be eating tiny meals, chewing a thousand times before swallowing, not drinking with meals, etc. but for me it doesn't matter, no matter what I do I cannot lose anymore.

I also love Slim fast, so I was thinking that I should drink one for lunch, and then eat a lean cuisine for dinner. At least I would have Portion Control again. WHY am I in this position again? I never thought I'd be dealing with this ever again!!! I am so glad I found this post. I want to be held accountable to someone and hopefully this is it. Once i reached my one year anniversary, it's almost as though I've dropped off the face of the earth as far as my doctor is concerned.