Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill on Monday, March 23, 2009 after losing 18 pounds, so far i've lost 6 lbs, and my dr has me eatting three meals a day weighing each portion as 3oz of protien and 1 oz of vegetables. I've noticed that the 4oz. of food does not satisfy me, and i find snacking (eventhough it's like 2oz of food such as dried fruit, nuts, carrot sticks, etc.) more tempting.

Is this normal?

Should I call my dr and schedule another appointment for a fill? or should i just wait it out till my appointment? My next fill appointment is on Monday, April 20, 2009.

You can probably only get fills so many weeks apart, so you are officially in what is called Bandster Hell!!! :smile2: I know it's not something to Celebrate, but you are on your way. It sucks and you're hungry all the time because you have no restriction yet. Everything you are eating is passing right through your pouch and to your lower stomach. But your doctor has you measuring your portions now so you will be a pro at it in 6 months when it really matters. Be as good as you can, when you're starving, have a good for you Protein snack. Hopefully by the time you've had your third or fourth fill, you will have some restriction and won't be hungry all the time. Lots of us don't follow the strict three meal a day thing. It just doesn't work for us. Some of us have our three meals and a couple of protein Snacks throughout the day or evening, because it just makes sense to our bodies. When you are further along, you will have more idea of the eating plan that will work for you. Be patient, start exersizing and practicing eating like a bandster. You'll need this for the rest of your life. Good luck.

I had my first fill on Monday, March 23, 2009 after losing 18 pounds, so far i've lost 6 lbs, and my dr has me eatting three meals a day weighing each portion as 3oz of protien and 1 oz of vegetables. I've noticed that the 4oz. of food does not satisfy me, and i find snacking (eventhough it's like 2oz of food such as dried fruit, nuts, carrot sticks, etc.) more tempting.

Is this normal?

Should I call my dr and schedule another appointment for a fill? or should i just wait it out till my appointment? My next fill appointment is on Monday, April 20, 2009.

I would totally call you doctor. I was banded on 1/27, had my first fill on March 5th. 4cc's in a 10-12cc band. Didnt feel any difference and he had scheduled my next fill for 5/7!!!

So, I called the office and they got me in last thursday. I told him what I could eat, etc. And he gave me 1.5cc's more. He thought this would change things pretty dramatically. I do feel some light restriction now. However, I can still eat probably close to 16 oz of food. For example, a pork chop, some veggies, half a slice of corn bread, etc.

SO, I called the office again yesterday and I am going in on Monday for my 3rd fill.

It doesnt hurt to call and explain your situation and see if you can go in for another fill. All docs are different...as are all patients!

Good luck!

My doctor's office will only let you come back for a fill every 2 weeks. I just had my 1st on Thursday and I'm not feeling any restriction. I may call and go back in.....

I am 4 weeks out. And I am constantly trying different foods. I am afraid to try bread, rice, lettuce etc. I have had french fries, hot wings, GOOBERS and Ice Cream. Not allot of them. But I have had them. HELP!!! I want to stop this habit.

I had my banding March 25th and had 3cc in my 10cc band. I did wonderful during that time. Went in April 28th for 1st fill, dr. put in 1cc because I'd done so well. Felt slight restriction for 2 maybe 3 days now two weeks out I've gained 2 lbs. YIKES!

I am 4 weeks out. And I am constantly trying different foods. I am afraid to try bread, rice, lettuce etc. I have had french fries, hot wings, GOOBERS and Ice Cream. Not allot of them. But I have had them. HELP!!! I want to stop this habit.

If I were you I would call the dietician for some better advice on your food choices... I have been anal about NOT even attempting the bad foods and have gotten awesome encouragment from her and my husband on proper food choices-