Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded at a weight of 200lbs or less?

Well I went to the seminar in April , I have done all of the psych, dietary and lab work I will see the surgeon on tuesday of this week and my surgery is scheduled for June 19, I feel so good about this it is like a huge weight has been lifted off me i jsut hope this works I have been on the low fat diet for about 1.5 weeks only lost about 5 lbs but that is a start .

I am 5'3" and 227. This puts me at 40.2 BMI. Similar or close to you!?!? My insurance requires a co-morbid even being over 40 BMI...but many don't. I have a few co-morbids so I think I'll get approved.

You and I will do great! We don't HAVE to be 250-350-450 to qualify... we have to be unhealthy and unhappy and ready to make a change!!

good luck!!

Thanks for the vote of comfidence i jsut cant wait to get it over with i had no idea that it would eb this soon. Then my employer gave me grief about time off thought about waiting til vacation but NOT so I did finally get time off and like I said it is scheduled for june 19 cant wait

kat

I am 5'4" and at 217 lbs. Banding is scheduled for June 12. BMI was 38 but have sleep apnea. My insurance does not pre approve, but I should qualify, I sure hope so, don't have the cash to pay. Although I may not have more than 100 to loose, at my weight I still fill the effects of weight problems be it with social situations, work, excercise, foot and back pain, shopping, etc.. I am looking forward to the surgery. Only concerned with anesthisia, sure want to wake up.

Hi - 5 2 and 216 today. I too am nervous I will get the 'you are not large enough speech'. I see nutritionist tomorrow. Have been keeping a diet diary for 6 mths now. I have co-morbids (2) and lots of family history. When I went to my moms funeral last year was my final straw. Saw my destiny that I was ignoring by moving away. Can't run from those genes.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Yes - I am not 500 pounds over like my cousin was but hey - I don't want to wait until I am.

Love the statement - I want to take care of my body now so I don't have to try to recover it later. Yes, that's the ticket - live well - live strong. We are obligated to take care of our lives and our health.

I suppose when in the room and we are the smallest (in their eyes) we can always say ' I am here like the rest - to live better, healthier, longer' aren't we so lucky to have this opportunity our parents didn't?'

Or - we could just lie and move on. Not their business - I mean - we don't ask 'wow - what do you weigh!'

My apt are a bit backwards

6/8 - nutritionist

6/15 - Dr.

6/18 Seminar

I have no clue beyond that!

I haven't been banded yet; been approved, gone through the surgeon & psych visit already. I'm about 5ft- 0 195lbs with about 3 co-morbids. My Dr requires you to loose 10% of your weight before you can proceed. I guess to get used to the change in eating habits. Sooooo after I loose another 6 or so lbs I can get a date.

I get the same reaction when I go to the support group meetings. I'm the smallest in the room and everyones cutting their eyes in my direction. But I look around and say I don't want to wait till I get the size of some of them to do something about it.

Glad to know there are others in my situation, and I'm looking forward to getting on with it.

ponyexpress....out stats are pretty much alike. 5'4" 216.5 ! I haven't been approved yet but ope to know something by the weekend. My pcp office if contacting the surgeons office to get me an appointment. Hope it's soon. good luck on the 12th.

Deb

Dear Lynnkat, Well I'm no expert on the ticker but here goes. First go to the website which I think you can do just by clicking on someones ticker. Sign up, make your ticker and save it. Then there is a box of weird symbols, its like a whole paragraph if I remember right and you highlight the whole thing and click copy. Then you come back here and go to user CP in the upper left and go down to edit signature and you will 'paste' that thing in there. You can also add whatever else in there you like and save it. For the mayo Banditos thing I just cut and pasted it from someone else. Every time you edit your ticker after signing in it will just automatically change all your tickers in all your posts....if this doesnt work, let me know I think I can figure it out or at least show you someone who can! Good luck! Cali

During first consultation with clothes and shoes I weighted 215lbs. 5'2, so BMI around 40.

Since the consultation I ate more knowing I will have a 2 week pre-op diet got me into the "last supper mode".

So Before the pre-op diet, I was probably 212lbs ( with just basic undergarments bare feet )

Started pre-op diet, up til now been 10 days, 4 more days to go to the big day. This morning I weight 203.4 ( again with just under garments )

10 days, only lost 10 pounds, is that bad? Sigh.

Hoping to reach 100lbs in 12 months.

Sounds scary and impossible, but wow I'm amazed many ppl weight about 200lbs or less.

Thanks I guess i got it figured out i will check it later getting late my appt with the surgeon at 0730 in the morning thanks for the info

kat

!!!

5 2.5 (they left my shoes on :thumbup:) 215.5 BMI just under 40 with the .5 on my height. should have flattened my hair :)

Went to nurtition vist. After tracking 6 mths of food intake - it was determined I DO NOT eat enough. They recommended I stop gluten foods to calm the gut down. Great more food to cut out. Then exercise for 1 hour a day to burn 500 cal. I can barely walk up stairs let alone work out that much. My knees will fall apart!

So - I can do the diet (again). Try to get more activity in (again)

Then they added - so what do you hope to accomplish with this surgery - you don't eat much now and afterwards you will be eating less. WOW! That caught my ear. What do I hope to accomplish....I said to not fall into my genetic pattern of obesity and not not wait until I am 50 more pounds overweight to be pro-activly seeking help to stop this weight gain.

Does this scream 'You are not big enough to have this surgery' or worse - you could be thinner if you only.......ate more........worked out more..........tried more.......

I have gained 50 pounds in 10 years. The more I carry the less I CAN do. I used to work out 4-5 x a week.

I am really concerned this is going to backfire on me.

See Dr. 6/15

Edited by pnw
add text

Hello What insurance do you have I am hoping for Aug. 2009 surgery just finishing up all the tests??? Good luck on your journey...I too have all the health issues.....with low bmi..Thanks

Wow you are someone to look up too..... Congrats!!!!

Hi, I've also received those stares....I'm 201 and 5'3 with PCOS and newly diagnosed diabetic. I had to file an appeal because my diabeties was not in my chart. I had to go and see my endo and take a glucose test and she release a letter to the insurance company stating my new diabetic diagnosis. I hate that I was diagnosed but I am overjoyed that I was approved because of it. I am scheduled for pre-ops July 6/7 and I will be banded on July 8th.. 8 represents the number of "New Beginining" and that's what I am expecting.