Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone banded at a weight of 200lbs or less?

I am only 5'1" and weigh 200 lbs. Hoping to hear some stories from bandsters that needed to drop less than 100 lbs. to reach a healthy BMI.

Hoping to be banded in April!!

I was banded in Nov 08 with a beginning weight of 218. At the low end of the BMI scale, but had sleep apnea, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc which is why my surgery was quickly approved by my insurance. To date, 24 Mar 09, I have lost 35 pounds. I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN. It is a great tool, not a cure, but a tool. :thumbup:

I am 5'4" and weigh 210 so I would like to lose about 70 pounds. I am hoping to get banded in April or May but I am just getting started. I will be self pay and they said that goes fast. I will post when I know what the date is. Thanks, Cali

I am only 5'1" and was 206 pounds the day I was banded 9 weeks ago. I have lost 16 pounds so far and I've had 1 fill. I'm looking forward to my second fill on April 15 so I can start feeling more restriction.

I am only 5'1" and weigh 200 lbs. Hoping to hear some stories from bandsters that needed to drop less than 100 lbs. to reach a healthy BMI.

Hoping to be banded in April!!

i had the same stats.

the day before surgery i weighed in at exactly 200lbs - the morning of i was 195.

good luck on your upcoming surgery!!!!

hi....i was banded in december 2007..... my starting weight was 214 and im 5'2"......my bmi was 35...i am now down 80 lbs. and would like to lose around 18 lbs more...the best thing i have ever done....i was on a cpap machine and after losing weight, i am no longer on the machine.....my insurance approved really fast because of sleep apnea, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.....i had to do a 6 month nutritional visit but after that it was approved within 24 hours...i had humana insurance and paid it all except 700.00.....glad to be healthy at 52 years old....

I am self-pay as well and it has moved quickly. I went to the weightloss seminar on March 17th, my psych exam is tomorrow the 26th and my consult is on the 31st. I have to follow a 2 week pre-op diet and the surgery will probably be scheduled 1 week later.

I see all of the great before and after pictures but haven't seen too many folks with my beginning stats so I am glad to see that there are many others like myself in the LBT community.

I am 4'11" and had to be on a six month physician supervised diet. When I started the diet I was 214 and when the six months was up, I was 196, which is what I am right now. My insurance company approved me and I am now scheduled for surgery 5/6.

Good luck!

I'm 5'5" and 228. I would love to weigh 150ish (which is the top end of a healthy BMI for me). I am 39 and have spent my entire adult life either gaining weight or dieting (and being hungry). I've lost 50+ twice and gained it back. I do feel like a bit of a freak at the bariatric surgeon's office because I'm on the small side for this surgery. I felt a bit self-conscience at the seminar. But, anyone who would take the time to get to know my story would understand why I need this surgery. So, I try not to worry about what people think. In fact, I'm proud to be tackling my health issues and fears now rather than waiting for things to get worse.

I was banded in Nov 08 with a beginning weight of 218. At the low end of the BMI scale, but had sleep apnea, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc which is why my surgery was quickly approved by my insurance. To date, 24 Mar 09, I have lost 35 pounds. I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN. It is a great tool, not a cure, but a tool. :cursing:

Thank you for your imput I started at 218, I am on my 2 week of my liquid diet and I must say it is not really going too well. I am down to 208 right now and I am going to be banded on Monday March 30th. I am 5'1 and suffer with sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and lower back pain. I am looking forward to no longer taken that blood pressure pills and having a pain free day. Thanks again:thumbup:

Hi everyone. I started the thread b/c I went to the weightloss seminar and appeared to be the smallest in the room. Everyone was friendly but I noticed a few people looking me over. When out with my friends, I am normally the largest in the group so this was a unique situation. I then wondered if everyone thought that I didn't need the surgery.

I love looking at everyone's success photos but since I am starting the journey at a lower BMI than a majority of the group I wanted to see if I had any twins out there so I could inquire about everyone's progress.

Please share.

Thanks.

Hi 31andnew! I have suggested this to other folks too, but take a look at the forum site and scroll down. There are several other forums that are specific like: those who have to lose 100 lbs or less, low BMI, high BMI, etc. Great place for info. I am a low BMI too. I have about 70 to 80 pounds to lose. My last appointment is with the MD tomorrow and hopefully will have a surgery date then. I cannot wait!!!!! Good luck and let us know about your journey too!

i too am 5'4" 210 pounds, hoping to lose 70 pounds. Self pay, wow lots of money. do you think it will be worth it for us?

meh - I have so many people say to me, u had that done - u werent that big. shut the hell up - its my body and guess what - I have never been happier to have done something.

I was banded dec 22/08 - I was 177 lbs. I was 189.9 at deciding weight. I am 149 as of today. Its awesome. I would do it again in a heartbeat! I cant believe I WILL be at goal by summer. Its amazing.

I go for a consult with a PS next month as well to get implants...not big, but just to firm things up and a better shape. I cant wait.

I went to dr.martinez/dr.ortiz in Tijuana Mexico.

Hello, I am 5'4 and 225 pounds. I went for my first consultation yesterday and I did get several looks from the people in the office. I had one lady ask me when I had my surgery and how much I had lost.... I shyly told her this was my first visit. I could lose 100 pounds but feel that that will be too small for me but hope to get down to 150. I have high blood pressure and am at risk for diabetes. I want to stop it all before it gets worse. I am excited and nervous and can't wait to get the process started. Good luck!