Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone else have the 10 band that holds 4cc?

I was just wondering if anyone else has the #10 band that holds 4cc's, and at what amount did you hit your sweet spot? I have 3.75 and have not hit it yet.

I have the 9.75cm and got up to 2.5cc. That did it for me the entire weightloss.

You'll get it, just keep going back every 4 weeks for an adjustment.

I was just wondering if anyone else has the #10 band that holds 4cc's, and at what amount did you hit your sweet spot? I have 3.75 and have not hit it yet.

Although it is called a 10 cc band it is actually 9.75 cc and the max fill is 4 cc. I also have this band. I had a hard time because I was reading all these people saying they have a 10cc band and hit there sweet spot at 6 or 7cc’s. I thought my provider was crazy when she told me the max was 4 ccs. So I called the surgeon (in Mexico) and verified. Surgeons office told me most people with this band feel good restriction between 3.2 and 3.5 ccs. I was already at 2.8 ccs at my 2nd fill and was not feeling the restriction. I was worried that I was going to get up to 4 ccs and still not be at the “sweet spot”. I went in for my 3rd fill and got another .5 cc’s. That was just enough to put me where I need to be. Now I am at 3.2 ccs and doing well. When I am ready for another fill, I will have it done under fluoroscopy just to make sure I have the amount of saline in the band that I think I do. I would say the same for you. Maybe have them test you with that barium swallow under fluoroscopy to see what is really going on. I have read a lot of posts about leaking bands and all sorts of stuff and I would think that if you have no restriction or very little at 3.75cc’s that maybe something else is going on. Maybe there isn’t as much saline in your band as you think. Maybe you need to talk to someone about other options. My doctor had offered me a prescription to help me with ravings and Portion Control. Maybe that’s an option to help you get over this hump. I am no expert, just some ideas of things I would try. I have thought about it a lot as I thought I was going to be in the same spot you are when I went in for my last fill.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Although it is called a 10 cc band it is actually 9.75 cc and the max fill is 4 cc. I also have this band. I had a hard time because I was reading all these people saying they have a 10cc band and hit there sweet spot at 6 or 7cc’s. I thought my provider was crazy when she told me the max was 4 ccs. So I called the surgeon (in Mexico) and verified. Surgeons office told me most people with this band feel good restriction between 3.2 and 3.5 ccs. I was already at 2.8 ccs at my 2nd fill and was not feeling the restriction. I was worried that I was going to get up to 4 ccs and still not be at the “sweet spot”. I went in for my 3rd fill and got another .5 cc’s. That was just enough to put me where I need to be. Now I am at 3.2 ccs and doing well. When I am ready for another fill, I will have it done under fluoroscopy just to make sure I have the amount of saline in the band that I think I do. I would say the same for you. Maybe have them test you with that barium swallow under fluoroscopy to see what is really going on. I have read a lot of posts about leaking bands and all sorts of stuff and I would think that if you have no restriction or very little at 3.75cc’s that maybe something else is going on. Maybe there isn’t as much saline in your band as you think. Maybe you need to talk to someone about other options. My doctor had offered me a prescription to help me with ravings and Portion Control. Maybe that’s an option to help you get over this hump. I am no expert, just some ideas of things I would try. I have thought about it a lot as I thought I was going to be in the same spot you are when I went in for my last fill.

Good luck to you and keep us posted.

In all actuality, there are 5 band sizes from allergan. I will put them all down here with max fill volumes to quell the confusion.

9.75cm (not cc) holds 4cc

10cm (not cc) holds 4cc

Vanguard or VG holds 10cc

APS holds 10cc

APL holds 14cc

Hope this helps!

In all actuality, there are 5 band sizes from allergan. I will put them all down here with max fill volumes to quell the confusion.

9.75cm (not cc) holds 4cc

10cm (not cc) holds 4cc

Vanguard or VG holds 10cc

APS holds 10cc

APL holds 14cc

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the corrections. I did mean 9.75 cm not cc's. :thumbdown:

For all of you that have the 10CM band (4cc) - when & where (US or Mexico, etc.) did you have your surgery and did your doctor tell you why he chose that size band that isn't used much anymore (replaced by the AP standard 10CC)? Also - what was your fill schedule like (amount each fill)? Thanks.

hi i have the standard small #10 thats hold 4cc. i get fills every month.

hi. I had my sugery in 8/10/08 I have had 6fill now am at 6cc ,but still do not feel like I am in the green. my fill person said that if I just eat 800.cal.a day I would be fine I am hungery all the time and can eat anything. I am diebetic .and take 5 shots a day .I can not stay on the 800 cal. a day I have had a hard time getting her to fill me. I did not feel anything untill the 5 fill and it did not last .She is so afaid to fill me to tight. I have know her I do not feel tight enough. the last time I ask her for a fill she put some in and took it back out .I ask her not to. I felt like it was all my fault intill I started reading in here about some people having 7cc and more .I do not know what to do.I have lost 15 pounds in 6 months.

I've got that band, I got all my weight off under or at 2.8 cc and I've had 2 top ups whilst maintaining, have got 3cc in mine now. Its pretty tight and I'll probably actually lose a few pounds over a few months, which is OK by me!

my band is 10cc is what the fill lady said it was .can hold 9.something .it is not the one I heard people talking about on here that holds less .I feel some restriction ,but not much .not losing last time she put some in and took some back out .I feel if it gets to tight we can take some back out ,I going to take to her again .I hate doing all this and not losing.I feel guilty that I can not lose any weight .I though this was going to work .I have lost alot of wieght and gain it all back .at lease a dozen time in my life.

I am going to ask her tomorrow about my band size and for sure what it hold .I can not relieve if it hold 4cc that I have 6cc in it.and still not feel restricted .thank for messages