Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2009 Bandsters - shout out!!!

Sure, no problem -- happy to help! Go here: Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...

Choose "Weight Loss" (the first one in the left-hand column) and it will walk you through making your ticker step-by-step! If you want to do a countdown to your surgery, choose "Event," which is the 7th one down in the right-hand column.

Good luck and have fun! :thumbup:)

My Surgery is May 6th also!!!!

Sure, no problem -- happy to help! Go here: Graphical Tickers and Trackers: Weight Loss, Trying To Conceive, Pregnancy...

Choose "Weight Loss" (the first one in the left-hand column) and it will walk you through making your ticker step-by-step! If you want to do a countdown to your surgery, choose "Event," which is the 7th one down in the right-hand column.

Good luck and have fun! :thumbup:)

hi, thanks for the info. goodluck with the surgery

My first post after A LOT of reading. Surgery schedules May 11th. Is it unreasonable to hope to get back to work after a couple days? I can take it easy there. What about the name

A-Mayzed or

A-may-zing???????? Beth

My first post after A LOT of reading. Surgery schedules May 11th. Is it unreasonable to hope to get back to work after a couple days? I can take it easy there.

Hey Beth,

I'm having my surgery on a Wednesday and asked my doctor if I could work from home the following week but he said that he usually wants people off a week since sitting for long periods of time isn't recommended. But reading a lot of the posts on the forums suggested its 50/50. Many are up and about in three or four days and some take as long as two weeks until they recover from the surgery. Everyone is different and you won't know how it will affect you until you have it done. Lucikly I have short term disability coverage and will have a week and a half off since my doctor sees pateints on Fridays. Hope this helps!

mac

Edited by maclynn

Welcome Mary! Congrats on having a date. I've added you to our dates only thread. Check it out to see if there are any others with your band date.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f18163/mayo-banditos-dates-only-91909/#post1197829

Are you from Missouri? I live about 20 miles North of Down Town Kansas City MO

Bmaz- I am wondering about how soon to go back to work as well. I am a cosmetologist and stand on my feet all day. I am have surgery on a Wednesday and happen to have Thurs and Fri off but am scheduled to work all day Saturday and Sunday. The owners of the salon are real slave drivers. For every day I take off I have to make up those days on scheduled days off. So if I take 4 days off I would go 2 weeks in a row with out a day off.

We pretty much have decided on a group name. mayo BANDitos. Very clever with the a-may-zing name. Maybe we could change our names to the a-May-zing Mayo Banditos.

Anyone?

Bmaz- I am wondering about how soon to go back to work as well. I am a cosmetologist and stand on my feet all day. I am have surgery on a Wednesday and happen to have Thurs and Fri off but am scheduled to work all day Saturday and Sunday. The owners of the salon are real slave drivers. For every day I take off I have to make up those days on scheduled days off. So if I take 4 days off I would go 2 weeks in a row with out a day off.

We pretty much have decided on a group name. mayo BANDitos. Very clever with the a-may-zing name. Maybe we could change our names to the a-May-zing Mayo Banditos.

Anyone?

I feel your pain. I am a dog groomer, and on top of being on my feet all day, I won't be able to lift anything over 10 pounds for 3 weeks! I am taking off a whole week. I just have to. I decided that I'll just have to make up days on upcoming weekends.

Reconsider taking a few more days off. I have read that some that even took a week off were worn out their first day back. It's better to only have to make up a few days then have your surgery points get infected/torn and have to take even more days off! Know what I mean?? Or maybe try to work some of your off days PRE surgery so you make them up in advance.

Hey Sassy, great idea about making up days pre-surgery I would have never thought of that! Isn't this forum awesome!

Hey Sassy, great idea about making up days pre-surgery I would have never thought of that! Isn't this forum awesome!

You're weclome...... but I can't take full credit. My girlfriend, also a hairdresser, gave me the same advice...

Happy Easter!

I am Sheduled for May 29th 09 in Brussles BELGIUM I am from near London UK. Wish me Luck!! Best wishes to all you Guys To!! ;0)

Edited by Richardson

Welcome all new BANDitos! I wasn't online over the weekend, so I'm just now catching up on posts.

My doc insists on a whole week. I'm having my surgery on a Thursday,though, so I am also taking that Thurs. and Friday, for a total of 10 calendar days (7 working days). I'm very lucky -- my boss is amazing. She is so supportive of me doing this, and she wanted me to take the extra two days so that I could rest. How could I say no? :smile: But, I have heard of people going back after just 4 days or so if they have a sit-down job. I wouldn't go back too soon if you are on your feet or having to lift anything, especially dogs that could scratch your incisions! Maybe a coworker could help you with the dog lifting for a while?

Happy Monday!