Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We want to look fine for the Summer of 2009 Challenge!!

This challenge will run until June 21, which is the first day of summer!!

Name............Start.......Current...........Goal..........To Go

Momto1plus1...173...........163................159................4

Bandpal..........151.14.......151.14............150................1.14

Bandpal..........151.14.......151.14............150................1.1

Cindyg............190...........190................175................15

Wow, you guys! You're almost there!! I'm proud of you and I desperately need the motivation I know I can get from you. My weight hasn't budged in months. I'm highly stressed out right now with planning my son's Bar Mitzvah this May and finishing up my last semester in grad school. Not very good timing to be dealing with both at the same time. I get very little sleep and I'm constantly busy. Many days I eat just to stay awake. I can't get any more fills because the slightest bit more seems to close up the band. My nurse practioner at the lapband doc's gave me a script for Phentermine, a hunger suppressant. It is an amphetamine and even a half a pill makes me feel too high and speedy. So not a good idea. My primary doc told me not to take them and I really just have to focus on what I'm eating which is definitely too much and the wrong choices.

The good news is I bought my dress for the Bar Mitzvah at a bridal shop and it actually makes me look 20 pounds thinner! Great dress! It's a mother of the bride dress and mother of the Bar Mitzvah boy is close enough. It might as well be his wedding with all the planning that goes into it.

I miss everyone! It seems we lost so many once we hit a year. My primary doc said most people lose what they're going to lose the first year and then it's a battle to get the rest off. Maybe that's why so few are posting. Wish everyone would just come back so we could support each other.

Congrats to Wendy and Bandpal for hanging in there and almost reaching goal!

Edited by cindyg1212

Momto1plus1...173...........163.............159................4

Bandpal..........151.14..... 148.5............150................ -

Cindyg...........190...........190..............175................ 15

Hi All,

I reached my goal weight of 150 two days ago and am now actually a pound and a half below it. I'd like to make it down to 145 by April 2, when I have an appointment with my lapband doc. At that point, I'd like to try a small unfill. I have a little anxiety over this - what if I gain weight, what if the band opens too much, what if it doesn't close again later on, blah, blah, blah... but I know I have to have faith and give this a try. For one thing, I want to see if the habits I've developed hold up once I have a little more wriggle room; for another, I'm just too tight, something I haven't admitted to myself up 'till now. I couldn't see holding steady at a given weight the way I am now.

I'm a little subdued today because I binged last night, or what passes for binging these days - eating and pb-ing most of it back up. I have to keep telling myself that the habits I am trying to rid myself of, both on the level of thought, feeling and action, are among the most deeply seated I have. I have been practicing and perfecting them for years, and a year and four months, even a year and four months of dramatic change, is not going to make them go away overnight. It's very hard for me to forgive myself, temptingly easy to adapt the mind set of "well, you screwed it up tonight, let's go for broke tomorrow". But today I know that it doesn't have to play out that way. The band enabled me to break that pattern - I know that a bad night doesn't have to lead to a bad day the next day, a bad week, a bad month... I actually excercized yesterday, too - walked and ran for a mile and a half. I'm going to try to do that two more times this week.

Anyway, look - Momto1plus1, I look forward to meeting you in the promised land soon. Cindy, thanks for your kind words, take all the motivation you can get. You're pretty inspiring yourself, you know - closing up shop at school and producing a bar mitzvah is a tall order, and I am sure you are doing a great job. I hope you can manage to stay off the Phentermine - that sounds like strong stuff. I'm waiting for a picture of you in that dress.

I miss everyone here too. I truly don't think I could've pulled this off without the support of people who were going through the same thing and at the same time as I was. You are all very special to me, and I am saddened that we've grown smaller - especially because this is, for me, where it starts to get "interesting" - maintainance. I have lost weight before, but I have never managed to keep it off. Living life as a thin person, cementing the new habits and continuing to eschew the old ones, dealing with the challenges of sexuality, and trying to set limits to emotional and thought-based excesses which once lead to eating; kind of like developing a "lap-band for the head and the heart" which works as effectively as this one has. These are the challenges which I am facing now, and who better to share with than you guys, who "knew me when". You are such a rare and wonderful resource for me - please don't go away!

Thank you to each and every one of you - I couldn't have done it without you.

CONGRATS, Bandpal!!! Reaching your goal is an amazing accomplishment! You look great in your new picture and you should be so proud of yourself. Your family must be thrilled that you're thin and healthy.

I understand your concern about an unfill. If I could have tolerated being tighter, I would have lost a lot more by now. By just taking out a little, you should be able to eat more normally without pbing and still maintain your weight. I have been eating pretty much what I want. Although I can get most food through the band, I'm not gaining either. The band still prevents overeating. If I could get my focus back and make better choices, my weight will drop.

Please continue to post and let us know how maintenance is going for you. You will do just fine. Enjoy your new healthy life!

Bandpal: I KNEW you'd make it to goal. I agree a small unfill once you reach goal makes sense and not risk being too tight and having your band slip. You can increase your food intake a bit for maintenance and that might help avoid the feeling of a need to binge.

Cindy: So glad you found your dress! What color? We'll be expecting photos for sure.

Wendy: Looks like you'll be at goal before this Summer challenge ends, good for you!

For me, I'm struggling a bit now, I make mostly good food choices but snacking a bit too much and my walking suffered with this terrible weather we had here in New England this year, so I'm up about five pounds. Weather is breaking so I've had a few good 3.5 mile walks, hopefully the frequency of those walks can increase now and I can lose those five pounds. I know I become much more active in general in good weather!

Good Luck in the challenge Nymphs!

Congratulations Bandpal!!!!!

What a major accomplishment I know you and your family are so very proud as are all we Nov. Nymphs of you!!!

Momto1plus1...173...........163.............159................4

Hi All,

I reached my goal weight of 150 two days ago and am now actually a pound and a half below it. I'd like to make it down to 145 by April 2, when I have an appointment with my lapband doc. At that point, I'd like to try a small unfill. I have a little anxiety over this - what if I gain weight, what if the band opens too much, what if it doesn't close again later on, blah, blah, blah... but I know I have to have faith and give this a try. For one thing, I want to see if the habits I've developed hold up once I have a little more wriggle room; for another, I'm just too tight, something I haven't admitted to myself up 'till now. I couldn't see holding steady at a given weight the way I am now.

I'm a little subdued today because I binged last night, or what passes for binging these days - eating and pb-ing most of it back up. I have to keep telling myself that the habits I am trying to rid myself of, both on the level of thought, feeling and action, are among the most deeply seated I have. I have been practicing and perfecting them for years, and a year and four months, even a year and four months of dramatic change, is not going to make them go away overnight. It's very hard for me to forgive myself, temptingly easy to adapt the mind set of "well, you screwed it up tonight, let's go for broke tomorrow". But today I know that it doesn't have to play out that way. The band enabled me to break that pattern - I know that a bad night doesn't have to lead to a bad day the next day, a bad week, a bad month... I actually excercized yesterday, too - walked and ran for a mile and a half. I'm going to try to do that two more times this week.

Anyway, look - Momto1plus1, I look forward to meeting you in the promised land soon. Cindy, thanks for your kind words, take all the motivation you can get. You're pretty inspiring yourself, you know - closing up shop at school and producing a bar mitzvah is a tall order, and I am sure you are doing a great job. I hope you can manage to stay off the Phentermine - that sounds like strong stuff. I'm waiting for a picture of you in that dress.

I miss everyone here too. I truly don't think I could've pulled this off without the support of people who were going through the same thing and at the same time as I was. You are all very special to me, and I am saddened that we've grown smaller - especially because this is, for me, where it starts to get "interesting" - maintainance. I have lost weight before, but I have never managed to keep it off. Living life as a thin person, cementing the new habits and continuing to eschew the old ones, dealing with the challenges of sexuality, and trying to set limits to emotional and thought-based excesses which once lead to eating; kind of like developing a "lap-band for the head and the heart" which works as effectively as this one has. These are the challenges which I am facing now, and who better to share with than you guys, who "knew me when". You are such a rare and wonderful resource for me - please don't go away!

Thank you to each and every one of you - I couldn't have done it without you.

Okay Bandpal I got to tell you I was a bit worried there for a second. When I think of the Promise Land it, isn't the perfect weight. LOL I was afraid you knew something I didn't. LOL

Congrats on reaching your goal. I'm right behind you. Promised Land here I come.!!!

I know exactly what you mean about the unfill. I feel the same way.

Momto1plus1...173...........161.............159................2

Shalee,and Shortgal!! Come join us in the challenge. I realized last night that I have lost 30 lbs since before Christmas. I have a really tight fill right now, and boy has it done the trick. As I've heard before, "I'm riding this baby until the wheels come off. " LOL

Momto1plus1...173...........159.............159................-

I made my goal. I can't believe it. I hit a normal BMI yesterday. You know 4 years ago my doctor gave me a letter for WW to say that I could be considered at goal weight if I got to 200. I never thought I could get below that. I hit 200 in Aug. I'm just thrille to be at 159. Who would have thought it???

Congratulations!

I am truly happy for you. Let's go on sharing as we continue to maintain this miracle that we have worked long and hard for.

PS - The new picture is great!

Congratulations!

I am truly happy for you. Let's go on sharing as we continue to maintain this miracle that we have worked long and hard for.

PS - The new picture is great!

Thanks Bandpal. You are so right. It is a miracle. I'm so thankful for what this band has done for me and my family. Do you find yourself, not recognizing new pictures of you? I do. I had the funniest thing happen today. I saw a woman that I hadn't seen in several years. I told her how we knew each other, but she just looked at me rather strangely. It dawned on me later that she knew me when I was fat. When I reminded her of a soccer game where our two children cried because it was so cold she got the most astonished look on her face. She said, "That was you???" I told her I had lost a lot of weight and I had forgotten. She gave me a big hug and just couldn't believe it. LOL

My goodness, Wendy! Look at you!! A million congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

I've been crazy busy with planning my son's Bar Mitzvah and finishing up school. Sorry it took me so long to log on and see your huge accomplishment. I hit Onederland around the same time as you but I can't seem to get below 190. I can't handle any more fills. I need to finish this on my own. Yep, that means diet and watch everything I eat. I wanted to get off more for the Bar Mitzvah but I don't think I'll be able to focus on weight loss until afterwards.

Again, congrats to you and Bandpal for proving that dreams really do come true and with perseverance, we all can get there!

Hi everyone! I haven't been here in so long and I find good news. Bandpal and Momto1 - Congrats! I am so happy for you both.

I hope I can reach goal in the next few months. I have been struggling lately. I am getting a fill tomorrow and I hope that helps. My portions have been slowly increasing and now I've gained a few pounds. I hope the fill will remind me of the way I should be eating.

I've been suffering from reflux lately. Some people say that means you are too tight. In my case I believe it is from eating too much and the wrong foods. The same thing that causes reflux for the non-banded.

I promise to stop by more often. I agree with Bandpal that we are at the interesting part of the journey. Actually reaching goal and maintaining has been the struggle for most of us. I've lost weight many times only to gain it back. This is the time that support is crucial... At least for me.

I will be joining the challenge. I need to copy and paste so that will be in a separate post.

Big hugs to everyone!