Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meet the Bunnies

I am not sure if this thread already exists someplace and I simply cannot find it. Anyway, I thought it'd be neat to have an introduction thread of sorts. A place to get to know each other a little better!

I'll start...

Hello :0) I am 34 and have been married for almost 14 yrs (in April) to my very best friend. We have 2 kiddos an almost 8yr old and a 4 1/2 yr old. I have been looking at banding since 2005 and finally all my ducks are in a row and it's happening! woohoo!!! We are a miltary family and I homeschool our children. That's about all I've got for now! Look forward to getting to know you all better as we continue this journey together.

Hey there

I'm 29 years old, single and hopefully soon to be loving it! No kiddies. I have been looking at the band since Jan 2007 and revisited the idea Jan 09. Being banded on the 2nd April, in New Zealand, and am on day 2 of a 14 day grueling pre-op diet!

Great to be part of this group!! :tt2:

Well My Name is Hannah ..im currently 18 and i started this Lap-Band Program at The Center for Adolescent Bariatric Surgery at Morgan Stanley Children Hospital I was 17 when i started this i was with them since Jan 2008 it is a little bit more work for me since i was 17 and the FDA doesn't Approve the surgery on minors unless its done as a study which also means i have way more appointments and test than i would if i would have tried to get it at 18 at first it seem like nothing but stress seeing 6 doctors in one day and going to the city every month to meet with my diet lady:smile:( Love Her BTW) after six months i should have been cleared for surgery..but little did i know i needed a sleep study and all theses crazzy other things which also delayed me for another six months :ohmy: but with that i kept pushing. than my last appointment with my heart doctor i went to Mary-Ann Witts The Nurse and the Co-Dicretor of this program we had a little talk and she told me i have everything and i should be getting a date soon..that night she e-mail me with the best details of my life...she told me too call her the next day to set up a date i did and April 15th Here i come :tt1:

Okay Okay Guys im almost done ...but i just want to tell you a little bit more about my Lap-Band Man (Jeff Zitsman)spacer.gif?8:11 he is one of the best in New York for children which take the ease off the fact that i am getting surgery...i am really happy that i am working with the BEST OF THE BEST!!! at this place =)

and i also have been the fat girl at every stage of my life.. i really dont wanna be the fat girl in college :lol: i really cant wait for a new me ...my mom is very supportive and some of the friends i have told but i also have a dad that hates the fact that i am getting this... i was gonna hide it but one day the doctor called my house and told him and he yelled but at the end of the day Apr. 15 here i comee

i dont have any kids I Am in 12th grade

and i dont have a boyfriend

and prom is May 21 i cant wait

Hi everyone,

My name is Peggy and I have been looking into getting the lap band for over a year. Then in December of last year, I found this site and it really helped me to make the decision to go forward. I started my journey in January when I attended the WLS seminar by my surgeon. I then started jumping through the insurance hoops and finally got approval on March 10th. I amscheduled for the 16th of April.

I lost over 100 pounds about 8 years ago taking Phentermine. I have gained it back again and then some. I got pregnant at the age of 43! and gained 70 pounds with the pregnancy. Was able to lose some of it after, but it is harder than ever it seems. So I am hoping that the band is the answer for me. I will make it work! I know it is just a tool but that is exactly what I need.

I am married to a great guy and we own a wedding and event business, an Irish Pub that is due to open in a week and a bed and Breakfast. We have two daughters who are 17 and 19 and a 2 year old son who si the light of our life!

My hubby has never had a weight problem and has a fast metabolism...at first he was not very supportive and thought I should just exercise and diet, why choose surgery. Since then, he has started to come around, though I don't think that people who have never had a weight problem can ever truly understand what we go through. Surgery is not an EASY choice by any means.

I am so happy to have this support online and it's great to "meet" all of you who are going through the same thing.

Ok, I have rambled enough for now...

Hi everyone,

My name is Peggy and I have been looking into getting the lap band for over a year. Then in December of last year, I found this site and it really helped me to make the decision to go forward. I started my journey in January when I attended the WLS seminar by my surgeon. I then started jumping through the insurance hoops and finally got approval on March 10th. I amscheduled for the 16th of April.

I lost over 100 pounds about 8 years ago taking Phentermine. I have gained it back again and then some. I got pregnant at the age of 43! and gained 70 pounds with the pregnancy. Was able to lose some of it after, but it is harder than ever it seems. So I am hoping that the band is the answer for me. I will make it work! I know it is just a tool but that is exactly what I need.

I am married to a great guy and we own a wedding and event business, an Irish Pub that is due to open in a week and a bed and breakfast. We have two daughters who are 17 and 19 and a 2 year old son who si the light of our life!

My hubby has never had a weight problem and has a fast metabolism...at first he was not very supportive and thought I should just exercise and diet, why choose surgery. Since then, he has started to come around, though I don't think that people who have never had a weight problem can ever truly understand what we go through. Surgery is not an EASY choice by any means.

I am so happy to have this support online and it's great to "meet" all of you who are going through the same thing.

Hey My Mom had me when she was 42 =)

Hey you guys!! My name is Sharon, I've been married to the same guy for 37yrs, have 4 WONDERFUL children and 10 Grandchildren( I have a t-shirt that says "If I had known how much fun grandchildren were, I would have had them first") and that is so true ,my children and now my gchildren are and have been my whole life!! That's maybe part of my problem, not taking any time for myself! So now at, age 55 IT'S MY TURN!!! I first started thinking about this in April 08 and went to my PCP in Aug. then to the Surgeon in Oct.08 and ever since then it's been to the Dr. at least 1 time a month. Right now my date is 04-06, but had a bad test come back so I have to take meds. for 2 wks. and retake the test and if it comes bad again, I can't have the surgery until I have a good report back. So here's hoping for a good test!! you guys keep me in your prayers! I so want this to happen on April 6 so I can be a Bunny Bandster!! You guys are the GREATEST!!

Hello I am Susan I am 37 and have been married for 15 years to a awesome husband. We have 2 kids, boy 15 & girl 12, they keep us very busy. When we met I was 145 lbs. I am 5'10'. I am now 313. yikes!! cruel trick god plays on one.. I have been considering the lap band for some time now but at the end of 2008 I decided it was more than that time when I saw the scales at the Doctors office.

Not sure how things went so smoothly and fast but why question fate right? So her I am finishing day 3 of my liquids only and 12 days away from getting my life back in control with the tool that can help me finally for good. no more yo-yo.

Blessings to each of you.

Susan

Hello I am Susan I am 37 and have been married for 15 years to a awesome husband. We have 2 kids, boy 15 & girl 12, they keep us very busy. When we met I was 145 lbs. I am 5'10'. I am now 313. yikes!! cruel trick god plays on one.. I have been considering the lap band for some time now but at the end of 2008 I decided it was more than that time when I saw the scales at the Doctors office.

Not sure how things went so smoothly and fast but why question fate right? So her I am finishing day 3 of my liquids only and 12 days away from getting my life back in control with the tool that can help me finally for good. no more yo-yo.

Blessings to each of you.

Susan

we have similar stats. i am 5'9" and currently 315 but am hoping to work some of it off before I have surgery on the 21st. Nice to meet you! Look forward to working towards our goals together!

Hey you guys!! My name is Sharon, I've been married to the same guy for 37yrs, have 4 WONDERFUL children and 10 Grandchildren( I have a t-shirt that says "If I had known how much fun grandchildren were, I would have had them first") and that is so true ,my children and now my gchildren are and have been my whole life!! That's maybe part of my problem, not taking any time for myself! So now at, age 55 IT'S MY TURN!!! I first started thinking about this in April 08 and went to my PCP in Aug. then to the Surgeon in Oct.08 and ever since then it's been to the Dr. at least 1 time a month. Right now my date is 04-06, but had a bad test come back so I have to take meds. for 2 wks. and retake the test and if it comes bad again, I can't have the surgery until I have a good report back. So here's hoping for a good test!! you guys keep me in your prayers! I so want this to happen on April 6 so I can be a Bunny Bandster!! You guys are the GREATEST!!

Good job taking your turn! I pray your test comes back good and your surgery goes as planned! I am looking forward to getting to know more about you and your grandbabies! :) My mom shares your sentiment about having them first!!

Hi everyone,

I am married to a great guy and we own a wedding and event business, an Irish Pub that is due to open in a week and a bed and Breakfast. We have two daughters who are 17 and 19 and a 2 year old son who si the light of our life!

Wow you've got a lot on your plate! Are your girls supportive about your decision? I am right there with you about people not understanding unless they've been overweight and dealt with it. I agree about the support online and how cool is it that we will have people who are RIGHT where we are!?!

wow thats long sorry guys

no worries about length thank you for sharing with us! What a great decision you have made to take charge of your weight this early in your life. I have lost years of not riding the rides I wanted to under the guise of "i'm afraid" when the WHOLE sentence would be "i'm afraid...i wont fit, i wont be safe". I am currently making plans for a trip to disneyworld in december of this year. I am SOOOO excited because by then I should have made enough progress that I wont be afraid to try the rides I long to!

Hello,

My name is Sherri. I am 44 years old and live in St. Louis, MO. I am divorced and the mother of a 19-year-old son.

I have battled my weight for the past 24 years, gaining and losing, gainin and losing, and finally this past winter, after much research and soul-searching, decided that the LapBand is the way to go for me. I am 260 lbs right now, 5'5" tall. Two years ago, I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes, hypertension, and just last month with hyperthyroidism. It's really sad that I let myself get this "sick" before I decided I should do something about it.

I won't know for a couple of weeks if I will be banded in April, but I'm HOPEFUL, so keep your fingers crossed for me. I am really ready and excited to get on the road to being healthy, and I look forward to being in touch with all of you, as we travel this road together.

Hi everyone! I'm Shelly, 36 yrs old married mom to 3 (17, 13, 3). PCOS (ugh) and have been overweight all but 4 years of my life. The only time I was thin was in HS when I swam everyday and walked everywhere. Then the first baby, +50lbs, second baby +50lbs, then gained 25 more postpartum while nursing (what the heck is that about?) My Mom had gastric bypass 4 years ago or so and lost 80lbs or so. I didn't want to take things that far but a Lapband sounded like my speed. My insurance approved it (BCBS Florida) and now I wait until my band date!

My dh and best friend are convinced it just a matter of eating less and exercising more. Neither understand the hell of PCOS and insulin resistance although I've tried to educate them. I think they feel I'm making excuses. Well, my mom supports me, she knows what I'm going through and the difference it's made in her life.

I can't wait, nervous, but excited. Love my doctor, but work with him professionally and hate that he's going to see me in all my glory on the OR table. Not to mention the staff in the OR! It will be worth the embarrassment though.

Love the forum here, good to meet you all!

...I have lost years of not riding the rides I wanted to under the guise of "i'm afraid" when the WHOLE sentence would be "i'm afraid...i wont fit, i wont be safe". I am currently making plans for a trip to disneyworld in december of this year. I am SOOOO excited because by then I should have made enough progress that I wont be afraid to try the rides I long to!

I SO understand this!! My oldest daughter just finished a college internship program with Disneyland and we have been there 4 times in the past year. I was so tired most of the time walking around, worried about fitting on the rides, but I did manage to squeeze in most of them. Luckily my son is only 2 and we were able to fit into the Dumbo ride, but I am so tired of feeling self conscious and being fat! I just want to blend in and be "normal" weight. Not feel like the fattest person wherever I go. Especially places like Disneyland.

Good for you for planning the trip to DisneyWorld in December. I sort of look at December as a progress point too. I love Christmas time and can't want to experience a holiday and all the fun without being so overweight. I want to buy a pair of jeans and feel good in them. I never wear jeans now. Just don't look good. But in a few months time, look out!:crying:

Oh, and yes, my daughters are supportive about the surgery. They were at first concerned about the dangers of the operation, but now they know it is relatively safe and are behind me 100%. My hubby, OTOH, is being "supportive but has doubts" and I know he is trying, but worries that it is just another thing I am trying that may not work. Hey, I am gonna MAKE it work!