Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fustrated beyond belief~

Today is a day I wish I had had, RNY!!!

I haven't seen the scale budge in 1 1/2 week, almost 2.

I am drinking my protien........ISOPURE

Granted I don't get to work out much, but I am on my feet most of the day 4 days a week.

I texted DH and I am busting out the Wii fit tonight.

I only ate meet yesterday off a gyro with some lettuce and Tomato. I had I think 6 mini meatballs and cheese and tomato sause. Took Tika out for a small jog ( its been raining and she won't potty with out a walk on those days)

And that is all I ate yesterday. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong. I have to have a cup of coffee in the AM. I can't eat in the am cause I am so tight. So I have a EAS shake, and wait till lunch to eat anything, sometimes I am still tight I can't eat and it comes back up.

Please any insite would help.

I am right now about 223. I am not changing my ticker. I have been as low as 221. I don't need a fill. I just want to cry~

Thanks

Keri

It sucks, but anyone banded for any length of time have all been there and done that.

I got to goal but only after more plateaus then I could count. My weight loss was always in fits and starts. Steady loss, stalllll, pound up-down-up-down, loss, stallll again . . . but over the months it was a net loss so it was definitely working.

You just have to redirect your frustration into getting the scale moving again. Just know that this is a normal part of the process and that everyone plateaus.

I was able to break my plateaus by doing the following things (however, I found without making changes my stalls just lasted longer and longer).

1) Change up the exercise routine by doing something different. It didn't always mean more time, just different activities. I also tried to incorporate it into my daily routine. I found if I committed myself to 20 minutes a day, I would end up doing more time because once you start it is easy to continue.

2) Charting calories on fitday.com. Every bite would be input for 2 weeks or so until I made a change. Once I established how many calories I was eating, I would start switching levels. Sometimes going up, sometimes going down . . . never more than 1300 daily.

3) Changed my food. I am a creature of habit and tend to eat the same things over and over. I would start taking different veggies/proteins, etc.

4) If the stall lasted for more than a few weeks, I would do the 5 day pouch test diet. This always kick started my weight loss immediately and I could guarantee 5-10 pounds lost and then my plateau was usually broken afterwards.

5) Last but definitely not least, I upped my Water intake. I can tell you, at least in my case, that stalls usually occur when I was drinking less than 64 ounces of Water a day.

Good luck and keep your head up. If you keep doing the right things, the weight has to come off eventually even if not steadily. :0)

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. It sounds as if you are not eating enough. I know its frustrating that you cannot eat in the morning but try and sneak in some more Protein in your day. You sound like you are doing great and the wii fit is wonderful. Even if you are jogging in place in your house, walking up and down the stairs, it's exercise. If you continue to not lose weight and you are exercising then maybe you should contact a nutritionist and see if they can help you. Also support groups at local hospitals are wonderful because I am sure you are not the only one with this problem.

Keep your head up and I hope everything gets better for you.

Thank you both so much!

I am going to change up my approach.

Just might even do that pouch test sooner!

Tonight is Wii Fit night!

thanks again!

keri

You may be eating too little. my body will do that if I keep my calorie content below 1000 and i won't budge on the scale but then i eat something a little fattier and the next day bam i'm down 2 lbs.

I think Heather and LibbyJane are absolutely correct. Really, a 1 1/2 week plateau is not much. I often have a 2 week plateau around my TOM. Our bodies do have a mind of their own sometimes. It is like our bodies are rebelling against what we want it to do. Remember, you are the boss of your body, not the other way around. So throw a few tricks in there, change what you're doing and your body will not know what to do except succumb to your will. A little patience with yourself can also go a long way.

God Bless!

You may be eating too little. my body will do that if I keep my calorie content below 1000 and i won't budge on the scale but then i eat something a little fattier and the next day bam i'm down 2 lbs.

Funny I am the same way eat bad and I am down a few lbs. I say just because you don't eat alot you will lose weight I think it's the other way around eat right or at your target calories per day and it will continue to drop that is for me anyway...GOOD luck I am like 15lbs from buying a Wii fit I can't wait!!!!!!

Every single one of us is in this situation because our bodies are optimized for the storage of fat, and the self protection against starvation. So when we starve ourselves, our bodies go into protection mode, and won't burn anything off. This lasts until we stabilize, or really force the issue by excessive exercise. To me, these plateaus are the time it takes our body to accept the current state of food intake, and then it will relax and let some weight be burned off. I have had the same experiences of eating badly for a day, or having a couple of drinks, and then next couple of days some weight loss occurs. I have heard many times that if we eat too low of an amount, like 1000 calories, then then weight loss is difficult. I wish there was an answer to why our bodies are so tuned for storage, but for now our only recourse is to adjust the intake of calories and output of energy, and the band is a great tool for that.