Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUNE 2009 Lap Band Surgery

Glad to see I am not the only one struggling through the holidays! I gained 4 pounds over the holidays (EGG NOG! yikes!)... but I have gotten those back off and am scheduled for another fill next week (was supposed to go this week but the weather was too bad to make the 3-1/2 hour trip)... Good luck and God Bless! Hope to see "Less of you" all! lol!

Got on the scale this morning and had dropped 3 lbs. Which put me at goal!!! 70 lbs lost. Woot! Came when I least expected it. Fill on Tuesday which should help me maintain as I'm able to eat way too much again.

whoo-hoo, good for you!! I have a few more to go. I'm at 167 now but I'm 5-5. So my goal doesn't have a specific number. It's a healthy BMI and a size 10 clothing size. So I'm thinking about 150 My daughter is your height and she's struggling with the last 15 lbs for about a year but she's socializes A LOT and a new boy-toy that eats a lot. So she has a lot more outside temptations than I do. I'm trying to convince her to go in for a small fill, but like me, we're both horrible at exercizing. So she's bringing her wii fit out this weekend and we're going to play with that, but we both have a 35 mile bike ride coming up soon and have to get on the exercise bike to get the legs in shape.

Again, congratulations!!

Trisha

Congrats on reaching goal - it must be an incredible feeling.

I have just got back from a 6 week overseas holiday and have only gained 2lb so I am rapt! This may not sound good but to me it is. I was staying with family so was never in charge of what was served and I didn't want to rock the boat or upset anyone by insisting on special food. I ate the same as everyone else but in smaller quantities and only ate cake occasionally.We also ate out a number of times. I never felt deprived or as though I was on a diet.

When we arrived at the airport apparently my Dad said that's them and my Mum said no its not Lynn's much heavier than that. Thanks Mum! She was surprised at all the weight I had lost. I did have to tell her how as she kept watching me eat and commenting on how slowly I was eating which made me feel really uncomfortable.i didn't tell anyone else and for the most part it went well. There were a couple of times when I had to run to the loo as I had got stuck and I have no idea what they thought.

I now eat about the same quantity as my naturally skinny sister.

My worst day was Christmas day/boxing day. I was fine until the evening when for some reason I couldn't swallow. I am not sure if it was what I ate, the fact I ate too late so had been nibbling inbetween or the fact I had been drinking. Noone noticed on Christmas day as there were lots of people there and me constantly running to the loo is not unusual as I have always had a weak bladder! On boxing day when I wasn't eating though they were looking worried. I explained it away by saying that I had a sore throat. It was quite scary as nothing would go down not even cold Water or hot tea. I was concerned that I would have to go and see a Dr but luckily it resolved itself. I think sucking on icechips helped!

To answer the question about flying I had no problems. It took a total of 3 flights and approx 24hrs to reach my destination. I even ate small quantities of the food! I had asked my Dr before I flew and she said flying is normally only a problem with an empty band as the air in it can swell. If you have saline in the band the saline doesn't expand.

Now to get back on track. I think just giving up the 2 glasses of wine a night that I was drinking on holiday will make a difference! I am scheduled for a fill on Thursday and I think I need it as I can eat bigger portions than before and have even noticed that I am hungry when i wake up! Not sure how much is in my band at the moment but I think it is around the 3.2 - 3.5 ml mark(10ml band).

whoo-hoo, good for you!! I have a few more to go. I'm at 167 now but I'm 5-5. So my goal doesn't have a specific number. It's a healthy BMI and a size 10 clothing size. So I'm thinking about 150 My daughter is your height and she's struggling with the last 15 lbs for about a year but she's socializes A LOT and a new boy-toy that eats a lot. So she has a lot more outside temptations than I do. I'm trying to convince her to go in for a small fill, but like me, we're both horrible at exercizing. So she's bringing her wii fit out this weekend and we're going to play with that, but we both have a 35 mile bike ride coming up soon and have to get on the exercise bike to get the legs in shape.

Again, congratulations!!

Trisha

Thanks for the congrats. I agree with the go slow, go for the BMI, go for the appropriate size. Stay in decent shape but don't make a new addiction out of exercise.

I got my fill today. I love the barium/floroscope because it takes all the guess work out of fills. He said the band was wide open and he filled it tight. Said if too tight to come back. liquids only for 3 days.

I had no trouble with my Protein Drinks so after I lose a couple lbs (I'm going for a 5 lb below goal range) the band should loosen enough to allow me to eat small portions of food instead of being wide open, especially at night.

ELCEE that's fantastic about the trip. So glad it went well, and only a 2 lb gain. Sounds like you and the band handled it well.

Cheri

We all are about 8 months out from surgery so lets do a roll call of the pounds we have lost so far. I am down 52lbs.

Edited by keamreeves

We all are about 8 months out from surgery so lets do a role call of the pounds we have lost so far. I am down 52lbs.

I am down 45 lbs.

Banded: 06/15/09

Surgery weight: 293

Current:231

62lbs lost!!! :sifone:

Lose it as you will live it!!!!

I've lost 44lbs.

Andrea it is actually 63.8lb as 1kg = 2.2lb. You have done really well - congratulations.

I'm down 65 pounds.:lol:

81 lpounds